PDA

View Full Version : ESPN loves the BUFFALO BILLS

Dying_-2-_Live
12-04-2009, 03:59 PM
:refuse: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnflpicks/091204

Ron Burgundy
12-04-2009, 04:10 PM
The Sports Fella would love to see Buffalo get some worthless ****er like Herm Edwards. He's the world's biggest Patsies shill.

Funny dude...kinda overrated, but 10,000 times the writer that Easterbrook or Reilly is.

Anyways, he can go **** himself with that Herm talk.

Mudflap1
12-04-2009, 04:21 PM
The good news is I think Ralph finally has realized he has to hire some real football people. The bad news is, people aren't exactly lined up at the door to come to Buffalo. It will be hard to get someone elite.

Ingtar33
12-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I always found the "Sports Guy" to be funny. He's much more knowledgeable about basketball then he is of football (or maybe i just know next to nothing about basketball and am easily impressed by his superfandom), but he's pretty funny none the less.

I thought his Herm Edwards comment was pretty funny... and sad at the same time. because i COULD see that happen.

BertSquirtgum
12-04-2009, 06:43 PM
**** bill simmons

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Aside from just winning games, another main reason I want us to get better is to shut all the haters up and so they can actually give us some damn credit.

Remember last season when we went 4 and 0? It was the best 4 weeks being a Bills fan in the past 10 years hearing all the positive talk.

But like most things, after we fell apart the positivity turned into more ****ty hateful comments.

PLEASE GIVE US A SUPER BOWL TEAM AGAIN!

Syderick
12-04-2009, 10:02 PM
No Herm Edwards

TigerJ
12-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Second tier head coach candidate? Sure. Herm Edwards? Not happening. While I would love for the Bills to snag Shanahan, a proven experienced head coach does not even guarantee a winning team, much less a championship team. In many cases teams have successfully gone the route of hiring a coordinator for the head job. If I'm not mistaken, None of the head coaches of the top three teams in the NFL right now: Vikings, Colts, and Saints had a gig as a head coach immediately before their present jobs. All three were coordinators.

Crisis
12-05-2009, 01:57 AM
I always found the "Sports Guy" to be funny. He's much more knowledgeable about basketball then he is of football (or maybe i just know next to nothing about basketball and am easily impressed by his superfandom), but he's pretty funny none the less.

I thought his Herm Edwards comment was pretty funny... and sad at the same time. because i COULD see that happen.

he's a self-proclaimed basketball expert that has no idea what he's talking about.

mybills
12-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I'd rather live in suckville than be a dead man walking. :lolpoint: Miami

RockStar36
12-05-2009, 10:02 AM
he's a self-proclaimed basketball expert that has no idea what he's talking about.

No, he is. Read his book.

trapezeus
12-05-2009, 10:07 AM
he is funny

he was funnier when the patriots and everything boston was a laughing stock. now he self admittedly has become the yankee fan that he hates.

i hate his dislike for buffalo. but i guess as a kid he watched the bills trounce the pats every year the way they do to us. i imagine if the bills were good again and the pats just couldn't beat us once in a 7 year span, i'd love me some of that as well.

as for herm edwards, we don't need a superstar coach....we just need to stop getting stupid coache paired with weak players. if we aren't going to change our outlook on how we bring players in, then we need to change the level of coaches..

we need a full change...not just a spare parts chance.

RockStar36
12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I personally don't get why people get all worked up about Simmons. Don't like him? Fine, don't read him. But don't take him seriously. He is a comedy writer. Who cares?

Pinkerton Security
12-05-2009, 12:11 PM
he is funny

he was funnier when the patriots and everything boston was a laughing stock. now he self admittedly has become the yankee fan that he hates.

i hate his dislike for buffalo. but i guess as a kid he watched the bills trounce the pats every year the way they do to us. i imagine if the bills were good again and the pats just couldn't beat us once in a 7 year span, i'd love me some of that as well.

as for herm edwards, we don't need a superstar coach....we just need to stop getting stupid coache paired with weak players. if we aren't going to change our outlook on how we bring players in, then we need to change the level of coaches..

we need a full change...not just a spare parts chance.

did you say he was a yankee fan??? or do you mean he became LIKE the yankee fans he hated

trapezeus
12-05-2009, 02:18 PM
he's become LIKE the yankee fans he hated as a kid and adult.

I find his articles funny. but he goes out of his way at times to mock the bills when the bills literally pose no threat. and he goes after the city like boston is some great community. If you have ever been to boston you know it's a **** city with **** people.

Just because buffalo doesn't have great buildings but a great community hardly makes it the worst place to be. And he isn't a guy who travels to a couple games a season and writes and article. he just writes what is funny.

So my anger with him is really just limited to when he goes after the bills like we killed his child 30 years ago. Get over it.

but i like the rest of his stuff. it's often very funny.

Crisis
12-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Bill Simmons' basketball knowledge is comparable to LW's common sense.

He called Dwight Howard "Ben Wallace with a jump hook" during the playoffs last year.

He said the Cavs were the 91 bulls reincarnated, he said orlando would be lucky to win one game and cleveland would have an easy walk to the championship

Oh, and here's a gem.

"The Magic are on the clock with the first pick. If they’re smart, they take Emeka Okafor. If they’re dumb, they take Howard. It’s that simple."

Dying_-2-_Live
12-05-2009, 10:56 PM
If i even heard the slightest RUMOR that Herm Edwards was coming to town... I'd cause pain to the nearest living thing

Block "O"
12-06-2009, 02:46 AM
I'll never understand why some people want respect when our football team sucks??? Be happy we're not dead last (you know looking up at the team who beat us).

Crisis
12-06-2009, 02:59 AM
I'll never understand why some people want respect when our football team sucks??? Be happy we're not dead last (you know looking up at the team who beat us).

i don't care about respect- we blow, but bill simmons is a tool. even the sport he anoints himself an expert in he has no idea what he's talking about.

he's good for a laugh or two here and there, but as far as credibility goes he has ZERO.