PDA

View Full Version : Dammit, Turner

patmoran2006
12-05-2009, 03:37 PM
He's interviewing for the Kansas Job! Ughhh

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/12/report-gill-to-interview-for-kansas-job/)

G Wolly
12-05-2009, 06:46 PM
who cares. he wouldnt make a worthy nfl coach anyways.

Nighthawk
12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
who cares. he wouldnt make a worthy nfl coach anyways.

What are you talking about?

YardRat
12-05-2009, 07:49 PM
He's moving on eventually...might as well resign yourself to that fact.

TigerJ
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
who cares. he wouldnt make a worthy nfl coach anyways.Give him 10 years.

TigerJ
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I would be a little surprised if Kansas actually hired Turner. I'm a Turner fan, but I would think it would be tough for Kansas to sell the hiring of a cach who went 5-7 in the MAC for a big school like Kansas.

Demon
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Turner Gill won't ever coach in the NFL because his style of coaching is not suited for the NFL. Unless he makes massive changes to his coaching style, he has no chance. But he can make good $$$ in the college ranks. Kansas seems like a step down though, obviously it's an upgrade from UB but Gill interviewed for Auburn and Nebraska in the past. He wasn't staying at UB for long. UB football will never be big. Local press could careless about them and their crowds are tiny, even for the ESPN telecasts.

Gill did all he could now it's time for him to move on. It happens in college sports all the time. Every coach starts small and moves up.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Good for him.

I hope he gets the job and succeeds.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
I would be a little surprised if Kansas actually hired Turner. I'm a Turner fan, but I would think it would be tough for Kansas to sell the hiring of a coach who went 5-7 in the MAC for a big school like Kansas.
With the injuries and player losses he had this year, that record was not bad at all.

He shows what he can do last year. And he is a Big 12 guy.

I think they would take him.

capitolneal
12-05-2009, 09:57 PM
He will be the next coach of Kansas big 12 roots and he can recruit tx then

Night Train
12-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Gill wants the job, if offered. His oldest daughter is a student at Kansas. It will pay 3-4 times more than UB.

Plus Kansas wants someone that can recruit in Texas, which is something Gill did well at, while an asst. at Nebraska. He even got a few kids from Texas for UB.

DraftBoy
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Gill is a good fit for Kansas. He is a midwest guy, and he'll want to beat Nebraska after not getting the job over Pelini. He can recruit the midwest as well, and his race won't be as big a factor as it would of been at Auburn.

I hope Gill gets the job, he deserves the promotion.

Demon
12-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Gill wants the job, if offered. His oldest daughter is a student at Kansas. It will pay 3-4 times more than UB.

Plus Kansas wants someone that can recruit in Texas, which is something Gill did well at, while an asst. at Nebraska. He even got a few kids from Texas for UB.

I once heard a stat, that if you rank teams with most recruits from the state of Texas, Texas would be #1, A@M #2 and UB was 3rd... ahead of TCU and UTEP. It was during the CBS college sports game earlier this season at UTEP. I forgot if they said that was this year or last year, either way, they were all over him praising him for that.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Gill has a daughter who is currently a student at Kansas, http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=72580&catid=4

Demon
12-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Congrats to Turner Gill! He got the job at Kansas!

Demon
12-12-2009, 04:58 PM
^^ btw yahoo is the one reporting it on their front sports page as breaking news. In case anyone wanted a source to my post i forgot to add it...

G Wolly
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd just like to clear up my negativity up there. I thought the reason for this thread was that a Bills HC candidate was taken up in turner Gill, sorry dudes.

But congrats to Turner. Thanks for the championship. go get another.

Link to Story (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AoQwj3gOufTxaEWReE5OhascvrYF?slug=jn-gill121209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Dr. Pepper
12-12-2009, 05:04 PM
F that. way to cut and run on the Bulls, turner.

Night Train
12-12-2009, 07:25 PM
F that. way to cut and run on the Bulls, turner.

Right.

How dare you win a MAC championship and then take a huge raise to return to the Big 12 and coach the school your oldest daughter currently attends.

:rolleyes: