PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pike

more cowbell
12-05-2009, 06:53 PM
This guy is a hell of a quarterback I don't care about all of the "scouting reports" knocking his arm strength or the teams he plays.

The guy can play, at a high level, and he can run an offense. Watching him play today confirmed to me he is a NFL QB. He made great throws and ran an excellent 2 minute drill and his team won the Big East championship solely because of it.

That moment and the rest of his career in college has been great, and he needs to be our QB. Get it done.

Bmax
12-05-2009, 07:01 PM
System guy who doesn't throw a tight spiral..Arm strength matters in Windy Ralph....

Bmax

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2009, 07:03 PM
System guy who doesn't throw a tight spiral..Arm strength matters in Windy Ralph....

Bmax

Yep... You need a QB to be successful in the NFL and you don't wait till the 3rd to draft one, which is where Pike will end up going. I'd rather have Clausen or Mallett with our first pick, let's pick the right man for the job.. We will be picking 6th-7th overall, get a franchise QB, imo. Pike is not the answer for Buffalo.

BertSquirtgum
12-05-2009, 10:59 PM
i want him and not in a sexual manner. i would rather draft a LT in the first. what good is having a quarterback if he doesn't have time to do anything.

clumping platelets
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Montana was a 3rd rd pick

Brady was a 6th rd pick

Fix the OL and DL....get a young QB like Pike or Hiller in rd 2 or 3 and give him a yr on the bench

X-Era
12-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Montana was a 3rd rd pick

Brady was a 6th rd pick

Fix the OL and DL....get a young QB like Pike or Hiller in rd 2 or 3 and give him a yr on the bench

Sounds great

Until you think about how many 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders weren't Montana or Brady.

We need help on the lines but we also need a franchise QB. I dont care what positions we address first but we need a franchise QB and with our luck, we better get one early.

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Until you think about how many 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders weren't Montana or Brady.

Pfffft, what have I told you about thinking?! Stop it!

WeAreArthurMoates
12-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Sounds great

We need help on the lines but we also need a franchise QB. I dont care what positions we address first but we need a franchise QB and with our luck, we better get one early.

Ya but who the hell are we going to take in the first. Clausen and Locker will be off the board so that leaves Bradford. While I loved him before the injury, the shoulder scares the crap out of me.

clumping platelets
12-06-2009, 01:30 AM
We also need a franchise LT, DT, & OLB

Drafting QB early in rd 1 will seriously delay the rebuilding process

Billz_fan
12-06-2009, 03:32 AM
No QB's in this draft. I say we draft O line positions and a few other needs. Then maybe we take a QB next year or pick one up in free agency ,trade etc. I don't like any of these QB's in this class. Not gonna force the issue and get someone else who can't get it done. If we are really serious about putting a team together to make a run then we can wheel and deal later to get a QB once we can protect him.

kernowboy
12-06-2009, 04:05 AM
Sounds great

But look at the starters around the league - a lot were not R1 picks

Hasselback R6
Bulger FA
Warner FA
Favre R2
Brees R2
Delhomme FA
Romo FA
Brady R6
Henne R2
Schaub R3
Garrard R4
Orton R4
Gradkowski R6
Cassel R6

Even though some of these guys are currently struggling at the moment at times they have all been the equal to the Round1 picks if not superior.

If you look at the drafts in 2007 (3/2), 2008 (8/2) and 2009 (4/3) twice as many OT go in the first round compared to QB.

For me that says one simple thing:

OT climb in the draft, QB fall

so if we want to fix two massive needs at OT and QB, we are better off using our 1st round pick on a OT, because there is a much better chance of a QB falling than an OT

Night Train
12-06-2009, 05:26 AM
Pike delivered in clutch time to win. Both he and Stull of Pitt looked good in that game.

If you can find a QB like these guys in Round 2-3, take them and keep drafting front 7 on D and OL in every other round. No more skill players.

clumping platelets
12-06-2009, 05:31 AM
I like Pike in rd 2

X-Era
12-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Ya but who the hell are we going to take in the first. Clausen and Locker will be off the board so that leaves Bradford. While I loved him before the injury, the shoulder scares the crap out of me.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone in the 1st is a sure fire franchise QB type, only that there is a reason teams draft players in the 1st round.

X-Era
12-06-2009, 07:36 AM
But look at the starters around the league - a lot were not R1 picks

Hasselback R6
Bulger FA
Warner FA
Favre R2
Brees R2
Delhomme FA
Romo FA
Brady R6
Henne R2
Schaub R3
Garrard R4
Orton R4
Gradkowski R6
Cassel R6

Even though some of these guys are currently struggling at the moment at times they have all been the equal to the Round1 picks if not superior.

If you look at the drafts in 2007 (3/2), 2008 (8/2) and 2009 (4/3) twice as many OT go in the first round compared to QB.

For me that says one simple thing:

OT climb in the draft, QB fall

so if we want to fix two massive needs at OT and QB, we are better off using our 1st round pick on a OT, because there is a much better chance of a QB falling than an OT
This argument has been made every year ad-nauseum. There is no position in the draft where its easy to get sure things.

Simply look at the league leaders over the past few years in rating, yards, and TD's... mostly 1st rounders... Let me clarify, more players came from the 1st round than any other, doesnt mean more than 50% of all the top 5 were 1st rounders. Look at who went to the playoffs and SB over the past few years... mostly 1st rounders, more players from the 1st round than any other round.

Like any other position, you can get franchise types out of the 1st round, but like any other position, the best chance comes from the 1st round.

Its a crap shoot and no one knows.

I have no problem with them drafting other positions 1st.

tampabay25690
12-06-2009, 08:54 AM
I like Pike in rd 2

He may be around round 3 or 4 IMO....

We should go OT, DT, then possibly QB...
Unless a guy like Bradford, Clausen, Locker are there when we pick in the 1st then thats what we do....

Lone Stranger
12-06-2009, 09:28 AM
I believe we have to seriously think about what the
Bills are doing here. They picked up Brohm and signed him for two years. If they're not going to give him a chance then it's a total waste of $.

Otherwise I do like Pike not because he such a great qback but because he is a great competitor.

X-Era
12-06-2009, 09:55 AM
He may be around round 3 or 4 IMO....

We should go OT, DT, then possibly QB...
Unless a guy like Bradford, Clausen, Locker are there when we pick in the 1st then thats what we do....

I dont think its wise to say we must go x, y, or z in round 1.

I think you wait and see who's there and then use the motto:

Take the BPA at a need position.