PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska vs Texas: Big 12 Championship Game

Ingtar33
12-05-2009, 07:41 PM
might as well start a game day thread for this one too. as Texas is playing for a national title shot.

Ingtar33
12-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Cornhuskers out to a surprising 6-0 lead.

Ingtar33
12-05-2009, 07:44 PM
-i'm sorta hoping for a Texas loss... I think TCU is a better team then Texas this year, and would give 'bama a better game.

Ingtar33
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
good ol' McCoy running his 1 read offense.

You know the rumors i hear about this kid is he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic. that scares me a bit when you consider he runs such a simple offense (for a transition to the pros)

Dicknoze69
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Nebraska's defense looks fired up and really, that's the only way they're going to win this game.

Ingtar33
12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Suh... that's the guy I'd like us to draft in round 1. Trick is there is no way he lasts past pick 5.

Demon
12-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Suh... that's the guy I'd like us to draft in round 1. Trick is there is no way he lasts past pick 5.

Good luck beating out the Cleveland Brownies for the 1st overall pick.

capitolneal
12-05-2009, 09:59 PM
suoh is taking over the game can you imagine him in Buffalo WOW he is a stud,

LtFinFan66
12-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Texas got so lucky....pisses me off

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Crap. That sucked.

I would have loved to have seen TCU or Cinci in the championship game.

clumping platelets
12-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Suh is someone you trade up for :nod:

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Suh is someone you trade up for :nod:

Not with the holes this team has.

2 firsts and this years 2nd?

No way.

Block "O"
12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Wow McCoy is an idiot!!!!! Texas is the 2nd best team in the state of Texas!!! TCU vs. Bama for the NC game!!!!

BillsWin
12-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Id rather see TCU vs. Bama than Texas getting stomped by the Crimson Tide. You heard it here first folks, Bama is going to win the national championship and in blow out fashion.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Texas vs Alabama for championship. Sorry but I won't be watching.

Ingtar33
12-06-2009, 11:50 AM
seriously. TCU is better then the longhorns... this BCS system is a travesty. the really horrible thing is we might end up with 3 or 4 undefeted teams this year.

Boise, TCU, Cincinnati, Alabama/Texas. Knowing the BCS, Boise, TCU and Cincinnati won't end up playing eachother in their bowl games (assuming they all even get into a bowl game... Boise was undefeated last year too and didn't even make a BCS game)

we need to end the BCS and start a playoff, take the top 2 teams from every D1-A conference, and throw them into a playoff

psubills62
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
seriously. TCU is better then the longhorns... this BCS system is a travesty. the really horrible thing is we might end up with 3 or 4 undefeted teams this year.

Boise, TCU, Cincinnati, Alabama/Texas. Knowing the BCS, Boise, TCU and Cincinnati won't end up playing eachother in their bowl games (assuming they all even get into a bowl game... Boise was undefeated last year too and didn't even make a BCS game)

we need to end the BCS and start a playoff, take the top 2 teams from every D1-A conference, and throw them into a playoff

Unfortunately, TCU is playing Boise in the Fiesta Bowl. I would much, much rather see TCU play Florida or Ga Tech.

I agree, the BCS system is a tragedy at this point. I think they're just doing damage control to try and make sure there are as few undefeated teams as possible - at most they should have two as it stands. Florida will beat Cincinnati, then the winners of Bama/Texas and TCU/Boise.

The BCS bowl matchups are pretty horrible, imo. They picked some of the worst possible matchups, though I will be interested in how Iowa's defense does against the triple option.

Iowa/Ga Tech
Boise State/TCU
Florida/Cincinnati
Ohio State/Oregon
Bama/Texas

DraftBoy
12-06-2009, 07:42 PM
TCU got ****ed.

Nebraska played a hell of a game and Suh took over that game all by himself.

Ingtar33
12-06-2009, 07:45 PM
TCU got ****ed.

Nebraska played a hell of a game and Suh took over that game all by himself.

yep. TCU should be playing Florida. But the BCS instead shoved the two bowl crashers agaisnt eachother so that there isn't the boise-oklahoma embarrassment like there was a few years ago.

DraftBoy
12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
yep. TCU should be playing Florida. But the BCS instead shoved the two bowl crashers agaisnt eachother so that there isn't the boise-oklahoma embarrassment like there was a few years ago.

Yep so when whoever wins (and I think it will be TCU), they can say they don't deserve even a first place vote because they only beat another non-BCS qualifier team.

I applaud Patterson for voting his team #2 over Texas in the last coaches poll. :bf1:

Ingtar33
12-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Yep so when whoever wins (and I think it will be TCU), they can say they don't deserve even a first place vote because they only beat another non-BCS qualifier team.

I applaud Patterson for voting his team #2 over Texas in the last coaches poll. :bf1:

that's because they ARE the #2 team. Texas isn't as good as TCU. TCU should be playing Bama.

DraftBoy
12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
that's because they ARE the #2 team. Texas isn't as good as TCU. TCU should be playing Bama.

Complete agreement, I think TCU is better than Texas.

psubills62
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah this year has been terribly disappointing. The BCS selections would have been tremendously interesting if Texas had lost to Nebraska. Those freaking Cornhuskers couldn't have just gotten a TD or something? Really kind of ticks me off.

TCU definitely got jobbed, and imo, Florida and Bama are both set up well to play two of the weakest undefeated teams, and thus maintain the notion of SEC supremacy.

Ingtar33
12-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah this year has been terribly disappointing. The BCS selections would have been tremendously interesting if Texas had lost to Nebraska. Those freaking Cornhuskers couldn't have just gotten a TD or something? Really kind of ticks me off.

TCU definitely got jobbed, and imo, Florida and Bama are both set up well to play two of the weakest undefeated teams, and thus maintain the notion of SEC supremacy.

we can hope and pray that Cincinnati blows Florida out (badly), and Texas beats Bama in a bad football game. that will rub the BCS's nose in it.

then we'll have 3 undefeated teams, and no way to tell who's better

honey
12-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I like the Crimson Tide. :up:

psubills62
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
we can hope and pray that Cincinnati blows Florida out (badly), and Texas beats Bama in a bad football game. that will rub the BCS's nose in it.

then we'll have 3 undefeated teams, and no way to tell who's better

Haha, trust me I will be rooting for those things to happen. I would love to see 3 undefeated teams. Cincinnati just reminds me too much of Oklahoma last year (all offense, no defense). If their offense gets shut down for an extended length of time, they can get taken out of the game fairly easily. But they showed resolve against Pitt.

We'll have to see, some of the bowls often go the way they're expected to (Florida over Oklahoma), and some don't (Utah over Alabama). At this point it seems as though too many people are writing Texas off too quickly. Yeah, they sucked on Saturday, but that doesn't seem very typical of how they normally play.