• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

New speculation by the media on Shanahan

I wont violate ESPN Insider terms and post the quote.

the link is this:

The veteran defensive end loves Chicago, and he wants to stick around.

What I will do is paraphrase what it says:

Its says that Shanahan would want to go to a team with a proven QB or a team with a chance to draft a potential franchise QB in April. It then says that Chicago, Dallas, and Houston make more sense because of this but that Buffalo and Washington would have to draft one. This comes from this article in the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13936565

Personally, I think its all part of the media speculation that will be finally answered when Shanahan makes his decision and signs somewhere.
    Last edited by X-Era; 12-06-2009, 10:35 AM.

• The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Re: New speculation by the media on Shanahan

I don't want him. I don't want all of Clevelands scraps.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
      I wont violate ESPN Insider terms and post the quote.

the link is this:

The veteran defensive end loves Chicago, and he wants to stick around.

What I will do is paraphrase what it says:

Its says that Shanahan would want to go to a team with a proven QB or a team with a chance to draft a potential franchise QB in April. It then says that Chicago, Dallas, and Houston make more sense because of this but that Buffalo and Washington would have to draft one. This comes from this article in the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13936565

Personally, I think its all part of the media speculation that will be finally answered when Shanahan makes his decision and signs somewhere.
      Well Dallas is looking good right now so its not a likely destination. We all better hope Wade wins a playoff game though or else he is a goner.

Houston is going downhill as of late so that is a possibility.

Reports seem to be concrete that Lovie will not be fired because he is owed a ton of money next season and the owner WILL NOT fire him unless some seriously crazy situation happens with the team. Like losing all the rest of their games or something.

I like our chances since we should be in prime position for an overhaul that Shannahan can direct. Including drafting a franchise QB of his choice.

Unless of course he is just using us as leverage for some other job. But I just dont see anywhere else where he gets such a sweet deal, money aside.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

He's holding out for the Dallas job.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
          • Dec 2002

Shanahan is weighing his options. I'd be concerned had he taken the Bills job over the Thanksgiving week. That would have reeked of desperation. He's a smart guy and for the first time in his career he's probably analyzing Buffalo, it's FO and the overall ability and talent of the team. At the same time waiting for things to play out in the above mentioned cities. IE: Dallas goes on a losing streak and Wade is out...etc.

I don't beleive that Buffalo is his first choice, but who does? The one thing he may find appealing is the challenge of introducing his philosphy and turning the franchise around. Coaches are highly competitive but want a situation where their coaching style can be easily implemented.

I think things concerning Shanahan become more clear 2nd/3rd week of playoffs.
          Last edited by ChristopherWalken; 12-06-2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
            He's holding out for the Dallas job.
            Do you think its a simple coincidence that no big name HC has signed up for the Dallas job since Jimmy Johnson left?

I dont.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
              Shanahan is weighing his options. I'd be concerned had he taken the Bills job over the Thanksgiving week. That would have reeked of desperation. He's a smart guy and for the first time in his career he's probably analyzing Buffalo, it's FO and the overall ability and talent of the team. At the same time waiting for things to play out in the above mentioned cities. IE: Dallas goes on a losing streak and Wade is out...etc.

I don't beleive that Buffalo is his first choice, but who does? The one thing he may find appealing is the challenge of introducing his philosphy and turning the franchise around. Coaches are highly competitive but want a situation where their coaching style can be easily implemented.

I think things concerning Shanahan become more clear 2nd/3rd week of playoffs.

Exactly.

Whats says more about how great Shanahan is as a head coach, going to a perpetual playoff team and winning a SB or taking a team that hasn't gone to the playoffs in a decade?

I think many of these big name HC's actually like the challenge of rebuilding a team their way.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Do you think its a simple coincidence that no big name HC has signed up for the Dallas job since Jimmy Johnson left?

I dont.
                Bill Parcells has a little bit of a reputation in league circles.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

I dont.
                  Parcells was the last coach, but he & Jerry Jones didn't share philosophy.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                    Bill Parcells has a little bit of a reputation in league circles.
                    Nice catch, my bad... He still didn't stay long, and then same reasoning cropped up as to why he left...

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

I dont.

parcells wasnt a big name?

Comment

Who cares

I want Russ Grimm

I want a young yet proven GM in Eric deCosta

I want Charlie Weis to sort our offence out once and for all

I want Kevin Butler to come from Steelers to install an attacking 3-4.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

So, they basically narrowed it down to everyone?
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            Well Dallas is looking good right now so its not a likely destination. We all better hope Wade wins a playoff game though or else he is a goner.

Houston is going downhill as of late so that is a possibility.

Reports seem to be concrete that Lovie will not be fired because he is owed a ton of money next season and the owner WILL NOT fire him unless some seriously crazy situation happens with the team. Like losing all the rest of their games or something.

I like our chances since we should be in prime position for an overhaul that Shannahan can direct. Including drafting a franchise QB of his choice.

Unless of course he is just using us as leverage for some other job. But I just dont see anywhere else where he gets such a sweet deal, money aside.
                            I really think Wade has to win at least 2 playoff games this year to stay on. I don't think one and done will cut it with Jerry. I think Jerry believes he has a superbowl team and won't need much of a reason to get rid of Wade with all these other more attractive options out there.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Ed
                              I really think Wade has to win at least 2 playoff games this year to stay on. I don't think one and done will cut it with Jerry. I think Jerry believes he has a superbowl team and won't need much of a reason to get rid of Wade with all these other more attractive options out there.
                              It doesnt matter --- with the new revenue sharing and salary cap plans that benefit teams like Dallas, he'll just buy every head coach another team wants, and keep Wade around simply for entertainment value (nobody makes dumber sideline faces than Wade).

Projection for Dallas: 10 head coaches, 20 coordinators, and just to piss Buffalo off, he buys out our midget trainer.

Comment

Working...
                              X