PDA

View Full Version : New speculation by the media on Shanahan

X-Era
12-06-2009, 10:34 AM
I wont violate ESPN Insider terms and post the quote.

the link is this:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

What I will do is paraphrase what it says:

Its says that Shanahan would want to go to a team with a proven QB or a team with a chance to draft a potential franchise QB in April. It then says that Chicago, Dallas, and Houston make more sense because of this but that Buffalo and Washington would have to draft one. This comes from this article in the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13936565

Personally, I think its all part of the media speculation that will be finally answered when Shanahan makes his decision and signs somewhere.

The Juice Is Loose
12-06-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't want him. I don't want all of Clevelands scraps.

Mahdi
12-06-2009, 10:40 AM
I wont violate ESPN Insider terms and post the quote.

the link is this:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

What I will do is paraphrase what it says:

Its says that Shanahan would want to go to a team with a proven QB or a team with a chance to draft a potential franchise QB in April. It then says that Chicago, Dallas, and Houston make more sense because of this but that Buffalo and Washington would have to draft one. This comes from this article in the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13936565

Personally, I think its all part of the media speculation that will be finally answered when Shanahan makes his decision and signs somewhere.
Well Dallas is looking good right now so its not a likely destination. We all better hope Wade wins a playoff game though or else he is a goner.

Houston is going downhill as of late so that is a possibility.

Reports seem to be concrete that Lovie will not be fired because he is owed a ton of money next season and the owner WILL NOT fire him unless some seriously crazy situation happens with the team. Like losing all the rest of their games or something.

I like our chances since we should be in prime position for an overhaul that Shannahan can direct. Including drafting a franchise QB of his choice.

Unless of course he is just using us as leverage for some other job. But I just dont see anywhere else where he gets such a sweet deal, money aside.

YardRat
12-06-2009, 10:41 AM
He's holding out for the Dallas job.

ChristopherWalken
12-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Shanahan is weighing his options. I'd be concerned had he taken the Bills job over the Thanksgiving week. That would have reeked of desperation. He's a smart guy and for the first time in his career he's probably analyzing Buffalo, it's FO and the overall ability and talent of the team. At the same time waiting for things to play out in the above mentioned cities. IE: Dallas goes on a losing streak and Wade is out...etc.

I don't beleive that Buffalo is his first choice, but who does? The one thing he may find appealing is the challenge of introducing his philosphy and turning the franchise around. Coaches are highly competitive but want a situation where their coaching style can be easily implemented.

I think things concerning Shanahan become more clear 2nd/3rd week of playoffs.

X-Era
12-06-2009, 10:50 AM
He's holding out for the Dallas job.

Do you think its a simple coincidence that no big name HC has signed up for the Dallas job since Jimmy Johnson left?

I dont.

X-Era
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Shanahan is weighing his options. I'd be concerned had he taken the Bills job over the Thanksgiving week. That would have reeked of desperation. He's a smart guy and for the first time in his career he's probably analyzing Buffalo, it's FO and the overall ability and talent of the team. At the same time waiting for things to play out in the above mentioned cities. IE: Dallas goes on a losing streak and Wade is out...etc.

I don't beleive that Buffalo is his first choice, but who does? The one thing he may find appealing is the challenge of introducing his philosphy and turning the franchise around. Coaches are highly competitive but want a situation where their coaching style can be easily implemented.

I think things concerning Shanahan become more clear 2nd/3rd week of playoffs.

:clap:

Exactly.

Whats says more about how great Shanahan is as a head coach, going to a perpetual playoff team and winning a SB or taking a team that hasn't gone to the playoffs in a decade?

I think many of these big name HC's actually like the challenge of rebuilding a team their way.

YardRat
12-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Do you think its a simple coincidence that no big name HC has signed up for the Dallas job since Jimmy Johnson left?

I dont.

Bill Parcells has a little bit of a reputation in league circles.

TedMock
12-06-2009, 10:55 AM

I dont.

Parcells was the last coach, but he & Jerry Jones didn't share philosophy.

X-Era
12-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Bill Parcells has a little bit of a reputation in league circles.

Nice catch, my bad... He still didn't stay long, and then same reasoning cropped up as to why he left...

djjimkelly
12-06-2009, 11:25 AM

I dont.

parcells wasnt a big name?

kernowboy
12-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Who cares

I want Russ Grimm

I want a young yet proven GM in Eric deCosta

I want Charlie Weis to sort our offence out once and for all

I want Kevin Butler to come from Steelers to install an attacking 3-4.

yordad
12-07-2009, 09:37 AM
So, they basically narrowed it down to everyone?

Ed
12-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Well Dallas is looking good right now so its not a likely destination. We all better hope Wade wins a playoff game though or else he is a goner.

Houston is going downhill as of late so that is a possibility.

Reports seem to be concrete that Lovie will not be fired because he is owed a ton of money next season and the owner WILL NOT fire him unless some seriously crazy situation happens with the team. Like losing all the rest of their games or something.

I like our chances since we should be in prime position for an overhaul that Shannahan can direct. Including drafting a franchise QB of his choice.

Unless of course he is just using us as leverage for some other job. But I just dont see anywhere else where he gets such a sweet deal, money aside.
I really think Wade has to win at least 2 playoff games this year to stay on. I don't think one and done will cut it with Jerry. I think Jerry believes he has a superbowl team and won't need much of a reason to get rid of Wade with all these other more attractive options out there.

NorthCarBills
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I really think Wade has to win at least 2 playoff games this year to stay on. I don't think one and done will cut it with Jerry. I think Jerry believes he has a superbowl team and won't need much of a reason to get rid of Wade with all these other more attractive options out there.

It doesnt matter --- with the new revenue sharing and salary cap plans that benefit teams like Dallas, he'll just buy every head coach another team wants, and keep Wade around simply for entertainment value (nobody makes dumber sideline faces than Wade).

Projection for Dallas: 10 head coaches, 20 coordinators, and just to piss Buffalo off, he buys out our midget trainer.

streetkings01
12-07-2009, 02:26 PM
It doesnt matter --- with the new revenue sharing and salary cap plans that benefit teams like Dallas, he'll just buy every head coach another team wants, and keep Wade around simply for entertainment value (nobody makes dumber sideline faces than Wade).

Projection for Dallas: 10 head coaches, 20 coordinators, and just to piss Buffalo off, he buys out our midget trainer.NOT THE MIDGET TRAINER!!!!!!!!:teary:

HHURRICANE
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Shanahan is going to Washington. It's really the obvious choice and alot of the media have been hearing rumblings including it being said about 20 minutes ago on Afternnoon Blitz.

don137
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I would be shocked if Shanahan or any big name coach came to Buffalo. I think Ralph's history of getting involved and not consistently giving the financial resources that a big name coach would require.

X-Era
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
In the daily who's going where as a HC, ESPN Insider is saying:

Weiss to the Bears as OC, Turner out

Lovie Smith staying put, one less team to worry about for either Cowher or Shanahan

X-Era
12-16-2009, 08:30 PM
New ESPN Insider info from Shefter says that he thinks Shanahan will get signed very quickly after the season ends and that Dallas may miss out if they wait to long. That Jones made not have made a final decision on Phillips.

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 08:48 PM
New ESPN Insider info from Shefter says that he thinks Shanahan will get signed very quickly after the season ends and that Dallas may miss out if they wait to long. That Jones made not have made a final decision on Phillips.

Well...where is he going?

Ground Chuck
12-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Dallas doesn't have a QB. Why would Shanahan want to go there?

TigerJ
12-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Frankly, I don't know that there is a franchise QB in this draft. Between Tebow, Clauson, Bradford and McCoy, this is a flawed group of kids. Maybe Claussen will make a quick jump in the NFL. Bradford might flourish in a West Coast offense, but no one's a sure thing.

Ground Chuck
12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Bradford and McCoy look too slight for me.

I'm in the minority about Tebow. I think he's gonna be an ok QB. I'd take him in the second round, not in the first.

X-Era
12-17-2009, 05:36 AM
Well...where is he going?

It doesn't say.