PDA

View Full Version : A review of the team.

HHURRICANE
12-06-2009, 10:37 AM
This season can't end soon enough. Even Fred Jackson looked like he was barely trying on kickoff returns. Review of where we are at:

1) We will need another WR. Owens will not be staying and Hardy is most likely another bust pick. I believe that the Bills will resign Reed but if not we''l need two instead of one.

2) I think TE is Nelson and whatever TE survives rehab.

3) Who will be returning kicks next year? I have no idea here but hopefully a rookie RB out of the 6th round.

4) RB looks good with Jackson and Lynch.

5) We'll need two DEs and I'm hoping they are big. If we go another season with Kelsay and Schobel I might puke. Maybin will be a LB with a new coach.

6) O-line is the scariest proposition. People I think Wood will not play next year so all we have right now is Hangartner and Levitre. Bell is a backup quality player so we'll need a LT, RG and maybe a RT if Butler doesn't return at 100%.

7) Last but not least QB. Based on the info I got this week Edwards is not the guy no matter how talented I may think he is. Fitzpatrick is at least twice as bad and I suspect that Brohm peaked at Louisville. Bring in Garcia and Vick. These guys can run and no how to play behind a crappy o-line. I can't believe I said Vick because I hate him but this team will not make the playoffs next year so bringing in a stop gap while we fix bigger issues is a good move. Either player is better than what we have currently.

YardRat
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
1)Yes, WR is going to be a high priority this off-season. Bring in a vet and draft another one.

2)Agreed, although I'd be looking for a guy that can block like an o-lineman.

3)McKelvin...Jackson shouldn't be returning kicks now, let alone next season.

4)Dump Lynch. Bring back Omon, then get a third in FA or the draft.

5)Agreed...Maybin isn't going to cut it on the end, especially if there is a switch to a 3-4. Can the guy cover, though, and does he have any coverage skills at all?

6)Draft a big guy early again, and another FA would be nice. I'm not too optimistic about Woods returning either...at least until the middle of next season.

7)Screw Garcia and Vick...guys that read first, run second, and can't stay in the pocket are worthless. We need a guy that's tough, stands tall, can read defenses and take some shots. Mobility is nice but I don't want anybody that's too eager to tuck and run.

X-Era
12-06-2009, 11:06 AM
This season can't end soon enough. Even Fred Jackson looked like he was barely trying on kickoff returns. Review of where we are at:

1) We will need another WR. Owens will not be staying and Hardy is most likely another bust pick. I believe that the Bills will resign Reed but if not we''l need two instead of one.

Id love to have:
Dez Bryant
David Gettis
Naaman Roosevelt
Eric Decker
Mike Williams

Take your pick

agreed

3) Who will be returning kicks next year? I have no idea here but hopefully a rookie RB out of the 6th round.

Id be happy with:

Mardy Gilyard
Perrish Cox
Antonio Brown

Agreed

5) We'll need two DEs and I'm hoping they are big. If we go another season with Kelsay and Schobel I might puke. Maybin will be a LB with a new coach.

Id cut Denney for sure, and maybe Kelsay. Id make Schobel fight it out for a starting job with a draftee.

Id be happy with any of the following:
Derrick Morgan :drool:
Brandon Graham
Ndamukong Suh :drool:
Carlos Dunlap
Everson Griffen

Move Maybin to rush OLB (3-4) and put Chris Ellis in the mix at DE.

6) O-line is the scariest proposition. People I think Wood will not play next year so all we have right now is Hangartner and Levitre. Bell is a backup quality player so we'll need a LT, RG and maybe a RT if Butler doesn't return at 100%.

1) Dont agree on Wood, I think he will be fine, and I actually like Simmons as a backup I would still keep McKinney as well... no more UDFA's that are green as the hills as our primary backups.

2) LT is a priority unless we convince ourselves Bell can be solid next year... and that's a long shot. RT isnt as much of a priority but needs a vet. I like Meredith and Scott, but again I only want one of them any more... probably Meredith, Butler can be in the mix, but I want a solid vet or mid round RT as well.

7) Last but not least QB. Based on the info I got this week Edwards is not the guy no matter how talented I may think he is. Fitzpatrick is at least twice as bad and I suspect that Brohm peaked at Louisville. Bring in Garcia and Vick. These guys can run and no how to play behind a crappy o-line. I can't believe I said Vick because I hate him but this team will not make the playoffs next year so bringing in a stop gap while we fix bigger issues is a good move. Either player is better than what we have currently.

Id bring in one vet. Vick would make me happy... wouldnt hate Garcia but Ive never really liked him that much.

Disagree on Brohm, I think he was buried under the heir apparent in Rogers, but could very well end up being the guy. He needs a full eval.

I really think we need to draft a QB in this draft, not a must, but I really think we should. Im not sure I am willing to make a claim as to whom it should be yet.

kernowboy
12-06-2009, 11:53 AM

1 Draft Naaman Roosevelt in the 4th or 5th

3 James Starks in the 6th

4 No. TRADE LYNCH for a 2nd or high 3rd before he becomes a distraction again. Fred-x can run with Starks

5 Draft a couple of 3-4 DE and sign Gabe Watson NT. With our 2nd and the Lynch pick we should be able to get two from: Cameron Heyward, Mike Neal, Allen Bailey, Jared Odrick, Arthur Jones. Or a OLB like Ricky Sapp

6 Our first rounder has to be Russell Okung or Bruce Campbell

7 Bring in David Carr, select a QB in the 3rd, let them keep with Brohm and let the best QB start

HHURRICANE
12-06-2009, 11:56 AM
1 Draft Naaman Roosevelt in the 4th or 5th

3 James Starks in the 6th

4 No. TRADE LYNCH for a 2nd or high 3rd before he becomes a distraction again. Fred-x can run with Starks

5 Draft a couple of 3-4 DE and sign Gabe Watson NT. With our 2nd and the Lynch pick we should be able to get two from: Cameron Heyward, Mike Neal, Allen Bailey, Jared Odrick, Arthur Jones

6 Our first rounder has to be Russell Okung or Bruce Campbell

7 Bring in David Carr, select a QB in the 3rd, let them keep with Brohm and let the best QB start

I like this.

kernowboy
12-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I like this.

If we bring in Russ Grimm as HC, he might be able to grab Le Beau's prodigy from the Steelers to run a 3-4 defence Keith Butler.

I cannot help but think that Charlie Weis as an OC could get the best from classic drop back passer QB, David Carr, who is getting an elite protector for the first time in his career.

A player expert like Eric de Costa cannot help but get some steals in the draft.

I would either look to sign Gabe Watson or trade Donte Whitner to the Chargers for Vaughn Martin who will be an elite NT. Look at the Steelers DEs - none were high picks.

The linebackers could be Maybin-Pozluzny-Mitchell-AN Other, who could be Schobel, a draft pick who steps up or even Shawn Merriman if we could sign him.

To make the fix it means sacrificing Lynch and Whitner, but we address other areas, Starks would be a capable back up to Fred-x, and Wilson can hold the fort at SS until 2011 when we could look to draft Davonte Shannon