Oh well...
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Re: Sam Aiken

I was just going to make this.

Yeah, going back to Aiken for a second, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...en-for-a-score

Some of you might call it one play or sit his sub-20 catch season, but
      - Can you make much more of a bigger play in a regular season matchup?
      - Did Eric Moulds ever make a play this spectacular?
      - Has Owens made a play this spectacular this year?
      - Did we ever give Aiken 20 looks in a season?
      - Have we had a QB since Flutie who would hang it out there and take the hit rather than do that QB duck move to reduce the impact of the sack? I mean, it was a free run for the QB and Brady might be an jerkoff but it took some moxie to make that throw into that kind of coverage in the face of that kind of hit.

Sorry, but this IS another case of personnel misjudgement.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
        Sorry, but this IS another case of personnel misjudgement.
        yes it is. coming out of college i was sorta happy the bills got him. He clearly had some talent in college. But the Bills never gave him 2 looks, never in preseason, never in the regular season.

The patriots are the patriots because they find guys like this all the time and get them on the field.

That's not saying he's an 80 reception guy in this league... but he probably could have been a solid 3rd option for years. we just never gave him a look.
        Last edited by Ingtar33; 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Ingtar33
          yes it is. coming out of college i was sorta happy the bills got him. He clearly had some talent in college. But the Bills never gave him 2 looks, never in preseason, never in the regular season.

The patriots are the patriots because they find guys like this all the time and get them on the field.

That's not saying he's an 80 reception guy in this league... but he probably could have been a solid 3rd option for years. we just never gave him a look.
          So does this call for a coach that ALSO can evaluate talent? Because this is not a front office thing, correct? Aiken was here for 1 year of Williams, then Mularkey, then 1 year of Jauron? Could these 3 really fail where Belicheck and co. found success so easily?

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
            So does this call for a coach that ALSO can evaluate talent? Because this is not a front office thing, correct? Aiken was here for 1 year of Williams, then Mularkey, then 1 year of Jauron? Could these 3 really fail where Belicheck and co. found success so easily?

clearly it's the coaching staff's problem. That isn't a front office mistake.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Wow the dude has Brady throwing to him and people think the Bills missed on the guy? Seriously?

Brady has made a career out of making no names look good, Gaffney and Branch just to name a couple.

Outside of the last two games Aiken has done a whole lot of nothing as an offensive player, even in New England.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                Wow the dude has Brady throwing to him and people think the Bills missed on the guy? Seriously?

Brady has made a career out of making no names look good, Gaffney and Branch just to name a couple.

Outside of the last two games Aiken has done a whole lot of nothing as an offensive player, even in New England.
                The catch sparking this thread was all Sam. He's made some great plays for the Pats.
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                  The catch sparking this thread was all Sam. He's made some great plays for the Pats.

I forgot the mentality on this board sorry. One good play in the players respective career makes them good.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

So what 2 good games since hes left us. wow

Comment

• Prov401
                      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

Exactly. Brady went to the AFC Championship with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gafney, and Doug Gabriel. He's in a leauge of his own, and throws seeds that are almost always on point. Of course an NFL WR is going to catch balls that are on the numbers. Nobody's talking about the drop Aiken had on the last drive that would of put them in FG range for the win. When the Pats let Aiken walk, he'll probably get a good contract because of Tom Brady, and do nothing to deserve it on a new team, ala: Branch, Givens, Gafney, Caldwell, Patten.

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

Lol the man had one catch. And he dropped another that was going to be a td...

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

We never evaluate the talent on our depth chart, even though all hope is lost usually by mid season. Like Harris, Maybin & Johnson shouldn't be getting more opportunities right now, but hey, that's the nature of being a Bills fan I suppose.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                            Exactly. Brady went to the AFC Championship with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gafney, and Doug Gabriel. He's in a leauge of his own, and throws seeds that are almost always on point. Of course an NFL WR is going to catch balls that are on the numbers. Nobody's talking about the drop Aiken had on the last drive that would of put them in FG range for the win. When the Pats let Aiken walk, he'll probably get a good contract because of Tom Brady, and do nothing to deserve it on a new team, ala: Branch, Givens, Gafney, Caldwell, Patten.
                            To be fair, he was cheating with those wide receivers...

Comment

• schubbard
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Slim
                              Lol the man had one catch. And he dropped another that was going to be a td...
                              When is the last time a Bills player layed out trying to make a catch like Aiken did on that drop?

Comment

Working...
                              X