PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dominant Pats - Division Wide Open In 2010

Night Train
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
The Pats are still the best team but no longer in dominant fashion.

Our divison is filled with average teams and a below average team (the Bills). I'm well aware of our present suckiness but we did beat the Fins, Jets and should have beat the Pats. What does that say about those teams currently and their up and down play ?

The hiring of the right GM & coach is still the key. This could turn around a lot sooner than many think. :up:

Prov401
12-06-2009, 04:50 PM
It is really weird to see a Pats D give up 3rd downs consistantly. They are very raw on the defensive side of the ball. I have no clue why they don't run Faulk more than 3 times a game. He is always getting them 6+ yards everytime he touches the ball. He should be getting 8-10 touches a game.

Anyway you hit it on the head. They are probably going to win the division, but they aren't dominant anymore. However in all of their losses this year, only one was in blowout fashion against the Saints. The Colts should be 11-1, and Belicheck has to seriously stop going for it on these 4th downs. The Pats would have won the game today by simply kicking a field goal in the 2nd qtr. But if I had Brady, Moss, Welker, Faulk, and a brick wall for a line...I'd probably go for it to. Don't forget, the Giants won the SB going in at 10-6. Anything can happen come playoff time. I wouldn't rule the Pats out just yet.

Yasgur's Farm
12-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Just remember...

2 (from Jacksonville)
2 (from Tennessee)
7 (from Denver)

1 (from Oakland)
7 (from New Orleans)

NOTES: Not included here is the 2011 conditional draft choice traded to the Giants for TE Michael Matthews. ... The Patriots' 2010 third-round and fifth-round draft choices were traded to Oakland for DE Derrick Burgess.

Slim
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Patriots have a very young defense, and have loaded up on draft picks for 2010-2011. They are not as dominant as they were, but they are still a great team.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-06-2009, 05:17 PM
as long as braDY is around they will be near the top

HHURRICANE
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
The Pats are still the best team but no longer in dominant fashion.

Our divison is filled with average teams and a below average team (the Bills). I'm well aware of our present suckiness but we did beat the Fins, Jets and should have beat the Pats. What does that say about those teams currently and their up and down play ?

The hiring of the right GM & coach is still the key. This could turn around a lot sooner than many think. :up:

People need to stay ripped here. The Bills threw away the o-line, and our season, in a year were we could have won the division.

Wilson had better bring in a real coach and GM or some combination that shows the fans he's serious about winning.

The giddiness from the Miami win scared the crap out of me because it continues to demonstrate the bllnd faith that some people have in our FO.

I am going to keep instigating and agitating the homer fans of this team until Wilson makes a real move. Stay pissed until a real change is made.

TigerJ
12-06-2009, 06:22 PM
The Patriots look more vulnerable this year than they do most years. Fortunately for the Patriots, the rest of the division is pretty putrid this season. It would be a mistake to assume that just because the Patriots are having a somewhat down year for them, they won't be better next season. Buffalo needs to figure out how to improve more than the Patriots.

imbondz
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
until Belicheat and Brady are done, the Pats will be a great team year in year out. they're still a top 3-4 team in the AFC

Night Train
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I think Brady is permanently worn out from football and nailing Giselle daily.

Does that make more sense ?

:up:

Mike13
12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes because we all know now what 2010 will bring.

Mike in Syracuse
12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Just remember...

2 (from Jacksonville)
2 (from Tennessee)
7 (from Denver)

1 (from Oakland)
7 (from New Orleans)

NOTES: Not included here is the 2011 conditional draft choice traded to the Giants for TE Michael Matthews. ... The Patriots' 2010 third-round and fifth-round draft choices were traded to Oakland for DE Derrick Burgess.

If they do in fact keep all of those picks they're looking at a MASSIVE payout on rookie salaries. They need to resign Wilfork and that's going to cost a ton. I see Belly doing a ton trading down and stockpiling bodies.

Ingtar33
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
i'd like to see us actually beat the patriots before rejoicing at their demise. knowing us... we'll lose by 40 when they roll into the ralph.

DynaPaul
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
There comes a time when you just get tired and hit the wall. I think they've hit the wall. Sure, they're still going to be a competitive team but not top tier anymore.

BlackMetalNinja
12-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I'd say the division is pretty wide open right now, forget next year... 3 teams are 1 game apart.

mybills
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
from 11/16/09..

Pats are not going to the Super Bowl. That's just silly.

I was called an idiot for saying that. :rofl:

EDS
12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
If they do in fact keep all of those picks they're looking at a MASSIVE payout on rookie salaries. They need to resign Wilfork and that's going to cost a ton. I see Belly doing a ton trading down and stockpiling bodies.

I don't think so. Only the top dozen or so picks in round one get huge dollars. Their first round picks won't be that high (not sure who the other one is coming from) and all those second rounders will be bargins.