PDA

View Full Version : Bowl matchups

psubills62
12-06-2009, 08:20 PM
No comments or trash-talking about the bowl matchups? I got what I wanted for PSU, but the BCS bowls are about the crappiest matchups they could possibly make out of the available 8 teams, imo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4111912

Anyone want to start some discussion? Is there a game you're looking forward to the most?

Strange as it may be, I'll be somewhat interested in Oregon State/BYU. I always kind of liked Oregon State and I love watching the Rodgers brothers play.

Crisis
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
oklahoma stanford at the sun bowl should be fun

k-oneputt
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
TCU is gonna pound Boise, and LSU is gonna pound Penn St.

Block "O"
12-06-2009, 08:25 PM
The Fiesta is an awful game. I wonder how bad the ratings will be. Thankfully I'll be in Vegas and won't be watching that. The Horned Frogs by 21+.

methos4ever
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
BCS definitely wimped out with the Poinsetta Bowl Rematch. TCU and Boise should have had a shot at the "big boys" because either way, whoever wins "only" beat a non-AQ...

Block "O"
12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
The BCS wanted to stop the bleeding. At the end of the day its a business and having 1 game with poor ratings and fans who wont travel is better than screwing up 2 BCS Bowls. It was a very smart business decision IMHO.

psubills62
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
BCS definitely wimped out with the Poinsetta Bowl Rematch. TCU and Boise should have had a shot at the "big boys" because either way, whoever wins "only" beat a non-AQ...

Completely agree.

psubills62
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM

That may end up being true, but I don't see any reason for that prediction. The two teams have been pretty similar in how they've done - beaten teams they should have beaten OOC (I'd love to see you try and convince me that @Washington and an 8-point home win against La Tech are quality wins), and lost to the good teams in-conference.

They're pretty similar teams on first glance, and I have a hard time seeing LSU's 74th-ranked offense "pounding" PSU's defense, but whatever.

psubills62
12-06-2009, 09:25 PM
oklahoma stanford at the sun bowl should be fun

I'd like to see if Harbaugh runs right at Gerald McCoy...or if he avoids him.

tampabay25690
12-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I thought the matchups were pretty good.
I was quite surprised to see Northwestern in the Outback Bowl VS Auburn...

psubills62
12-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I thought the matchups were pretty good.
I was quite surprised to see Northwestern in the Outback Bowl VS Auburn...

Yeah, I thought for sure Wisconsin would be in the Outback. But I guess Northwestern's wins over Wisconsin and Iowa impressed them enough.

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah, I thought for sure Wisconsin would be in the Outback. But I guess Northwestern's wins over Wisconsin and Iowa impressed them enough.

Problem is we figured to have ahuge crods again this year because WISCONSIN fans travel pretty well...Northwestern I dont know about that now...

There will probably be 40,000 Auburn fans Thank god...

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 07:41 AM
The pounding will come with the Penn St. offense trying to move the ball on the LSU defense. And LSU's wr's will give the PSU defense problems.
I am currnetly waiting on that line. We will see.

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 07:52 AM
The pounding will come with the Penn St. offense trying to move the ball on the LSU defense. And LSU's wr's will give the PSU defense problems.
I am currnetly waiting on that line. We will see.
I was glad of this matchup because my b/f that is a Penn St alum...
He said that was the game he didnt want to see....
LSU should win but you never know.
LSU is to athletic for penn St IMO..

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 07:55 AM
I think LSU defensive front seven will dominate and their wr's are gonna make some big plays. Penn St.'s safties are weak imo.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Problem is we figured to have ahuge crods again this year because WISCONSIN fans travel pretty well...Northwestern I dont know about that now...

There will probably be 40,000 Auburn fans Thank god...

Yeah, I think that's part of the reason NW is usually passed over for other teams like Wisconsin...NW fans do not travel very well. I think they even have a hard time selling out their own stadium sometimes.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I think LSU defensive front seven will dominate and their wr's are gonna make some big plays. Penn St.'s safties are weak imo.

PSU's OL was poor for a good part of the season, but they've got it pretty well set at this point. Also, they were very inexperienced and the only two returning starters were at all new positions. I could see PSU's OL having trouble with LSU's front seven, but I don't see them getting dominated.

The safeties are good enough. Lafell and Toliver are talented, but I wouldn't necessarily trust Jordan Jefferson to be able to get them the ball consistently. PSU's secondary has performed pretty well except for one or two big plays here and there (e.g. Posey against OSU).

It seems to me you're also ignoring a fairly dominant PSU front seven.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 10:20 AM
I laid out how I see the game. I have yet to see Clark beat a good, fast defense yet. If they shut down the PSU run it could get ugly.
I see matchup problems for PSU against the LSU wr's. Yes, Jefferson will be key. He is mobile and can make plays out of pocket.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 10:28 AM
I laid out how I see the game. I have yet to see Clark beat a good, fast defense yet. If they shut down the PSU run it could get ugly.
I see matchup problems for PSU against the LSU wr's. Yes, Jefferson will be key. He is mobile and can make plays out of pocket.
That's a big IF for shutting down the PSU run. Here's a brief analysis from an LSU fan I saw on another board regarding their DL:

DL: Started off very poor, has improved as the year went on. Power running teams can take advantage of the interior, which isn't a strength, and smallish DE's contribute to that. DE's tend to bite on inside runs and can be had by misdirection or cutback runners. Sometimes struggle to get pressure on the QB with just a four-man rush. But no question the DL is playing better at the end of the year, than the beginning. Drake Nevis (DT) probably the most likely to be disruptive to the opponent.
Sounds like the PSU OL and LSU DL have both improved as the year went on, which doesn't surprise me. But PSU is a power running team and could indeed smash it down LSU's throats.

LSU may have talent, but despite that they still rank piss poor on offense. I don't think you can ignore that and just assume the talent will take over.

What's interesting to me about this matchup is that typicall PSU and LSU both show up for their bowl games (yes, last year's Rose Bowl was the exception). LSU may pound us, but I could just as easily see us pounding them. If Charles Scott doesn't play, PSU could make LSU one-dimensional too.

Besides, out of curiosity, which team on PSU's schedule would you say has a "defense with speed?" Because I thought you considered the entire Big Ten to be slow and dumb haha

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 10:34 AM
PSU played two "decent teams" and lost both games. At home I might add. Who is their big win{s} this year.
Ohio St. is defintely the best team in that conf. with the most speed. Iowa shouldn't even be in the BCS bowl game.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 10:40 AM
PSU played two "decent teams" and lost both games. At home I might add. Who is their big win{s} this year.
Ohio St. is defintely the best team in that conf. with the most speed. Iowa shouldn't even be in the BCS bowl game.

Who is LSU's big win this year?

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 10:42 AM
LSU lost to Florida13-3, at Alabama 24-15, and at Miss. 25-23.

Who was PSU big win ? Mich St.? Northwestern ?

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Who is LSU's big win this year?

Probably say at Georgia, who just beat Orange Bowl bound G-Tech. On the road cross country at Wash, who beat USC and has a NFL qb, Any other SEC team.

Does PSU ever travel across country to play ooc ? Besides the Rose Bowl beat down.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Probably say at Georgia, who just beat Orange Bowl bound G-Tech. On the road cross country at Wash, who beat USC and has a NFL qb, Any other SEC team.

Does PSU ever travel across country to play ooc ? Besides the Rose Bowl beat down.

I didn't ask who LSU's opponents had beaten. I asked who LSU had beaten. And it looks like Georgia (7-5) and Washington (5-7) is about it, right? Did they beat an 8-win team?

psubills62
12-07-2009, 11:05 AM
LSU lost to Florida13-3, at Alabama 24-15, and at Miss. 25-23.

Who was PSU big win ? Mich St.? Northwestern ?

That's three losses. And one against a team that looked pretty horrible (Ole Miss) against everyone decent that they faced.

Let me ask you this...how many games did LSU win by 9 points or more (that's two scores)? Looks to me like:

Vanderbilt (won by 14)
Louisiana-Lafayette (won by 28)
Auburn (won by 21)
Tulane (won by 42)

Notable games where they DIDN'T win by more than 8 points:
Mississippi State (won by 4)
La Tech (won by 8) AT HOME

PSU:
Akron (won by 24)
Syracuse (won by 21)
Temple (won by 25)
Illinois (won by 18)
Eastern Illinois (won by 49)
Minnesota (won by 20)
Michigan (won by 25)
Northwestern (won by 21)
Indiana (won by 11)
Michigan State (won by 28)

So basically, every time PSU won, it was by more than one score. LSU has had a LOT of close games, except three gimmes and one halfway decent team.

Sorry, but I'd consider PSU's win AT Northwestern by 21 points to be better than an LSU win at Georgia by 7.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
You forgot one thing, PSU plays in the Big-10, LSU plays in the SEC.
Don't even try to bring Northwestern into this, thats is a joke and doesn't need discussion.

You got what you wanted, an SEC team. Let's see what happens.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Don't even try to bring Northwestern into this, thats is a joke and doesn't need discussion.

You got what you wanted, an SEC team. Let's see what happens.

You always tend to fall back on that.

What about La Tech, they aren't in the SEC? So why didn't LSU blow them out at home?

Sorry, but you can't just dismiss PSU's double-digit wins (which is all ten, btw) by saying it's in the Big Ten. Maybe if PSU played in the Big East, but the Big Ten is not THAT much lower than the SEC.

Bufftp
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Sec was overated this year and the Big 10 was underrated. I think PSU will handle LSU just fine. btw Pac 10 was way overrated this year.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 02:19 PM
SEC and Pac-10 are the two best conferences.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 02:22 PM

What about La Tech, they aren't in the SEC? So why didn't LSU blow them out at home?

Sorry, but you can't just dismiss PSU's double-digit wins (which is all ten, btw) by saying it's in the Big Ten. Maybe if PSU played in the Big East, but the Big Ten is not THAT much lower than the SEC.

We will see what happens Jan. 1st.
I'll be watching how the big-10 fares in their bowl games. At least they won't get clobbered in the NC.

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Thats why we play the games.
You never know.
I still think that the Big Ten needs a championship something bad....
Look at FL they played in the SEC championship and lost and right away dropped to #5 and was #1 for 90% of the season......

TO many 2 loss teams are in BCS games...
2 losses does not qualify or should qualify for a BCS game...

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 02:36 PM
We will see what happens Jan. 1st.
I'll be watching how the big-10 fares in their bowl games. At least they won't get clobbered in the NC.

I will be at the OUTBACK BOWL Jan 1st at 11:00 am and not looking forward to watching Northwestern now. I do want to see Auburn though. Looks like a bit of a mismatch if you ask me......Should be like a homegame for AUBURN....

psubills62
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Thats why we play the games.
You never know.
I still think that the Big Ten needs a championship something bad....
Look at FL they played in the SEC championship and lost and right away dropped to #5 and was #1 for 90% of the season......

TO many 2 loss teams are in BCS games...
2 losses does not qualify or should qualify for a BCS game...

I'll completely agree about the Big Ten needing a championship game. They need a 12th team first though, and that won't happen for a LONG time.

methos4ever
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM

I don't get what your bias against the Big East is, but the Big 10's been a sham of a conference for years. JoePa's the one ducking Pitt after all...and once the Zombie's gone then they'll get back to their regular games....

The Big 10 should just add Notre Dame and get it over with...another overrated team on the pile.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM

The SEC very well may be the best conference in the nation. But the disparity between the SEC and the rest of the nation isn't nearly as much as people seem to believe.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Check out the SEC's bowl record.

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 02:56 PM
The SEC very well may be the best conference in the nation. But the disparity between the SEC and the rest of the nation isn't nearly as much as people seem to believe.
You mean they are not better than the NFL like ESPN makes them out to be?

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Are you betting against Ohio State vs. Oregon again so we can get this on the record now? Since you don't really like college football as a sport but its a mere enjoyment for your gambling pleasures. Can't wait for my first Rose Bowl experience :D

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Are you betting against Ohio State vs. Oregon again so we can get this on the record now? Since you don't really like college football as a sport but its a mere enjoyment for your gambling pleasures. Can't wait for my first Rose Bowl experience :D

Wrong again, I very much like college football as a sport. My favorite actually.
LIne opend at -2 and is already up to 3.5. Yes I will be on Oregon. Won't be one of my bigger plays though. I expect high scoring. Also looking at the over.
Waiting for the LSU/PSU line. PSU is always overvalued. Look back at all their big games the last ten years.

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Wrong again, I very much like college football as a sport. My favorite actually.
LIne opend at -2 and is already up to 3.5. Yes I will be on Oregon. Won't be one of my bigger plays though. I expect high scoring. Also looking at the over.
Waiting for the LSU/PSU line. PSU is always overvalued. Look back at all their big games the last ten years.

LSU should be favored by 7 if I had to guess

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 03:14 PM

I don't think it will be that high, at least i'm hoping it isn't.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
You mean like when an unranked Penn State team beat a top-20 Tennessee team? Even with a crappy QB like Morelli at the helm.

Oh, and did you mean SEC's bowl record against the Big Ten? Because somehow, despite the fact that the SEC is 10x greater, they've only gone 6-7 against the Big Ten in bowl games the last 5 years. Or if you think that's going too far back, maybe 5-5 over the last 4 years? How about 1-1 last year?

Just wondering how you might explain that....

EDIT: I counted right, but said it wrong. According to my count, the SEC is actually 6-7 against the Big Ten in bowl games the last 5 years....

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 03:30 PM
You mean like when an unranked Penn State team beat a top-20 Tennessee team? Even with a crappy QB like Morelli at the helm.

Oh, and did you mean SEC's bowl record against the Big Ten? Because somehow, despite the fact that the SEC is 10x greater, they've only gone 7-6 against the Big Ten in bowl games the last 5 years. Or if you think that's going too far back, maybe 5-5 over the last 4 years? How about 1-1 last year?

Just wondering how you might explain that....

Plus Joe Pa usually is pretty good in the big games. I was shocked he lost Iowa and tOSU both at home. I was even more shocked when Ohio State went 2-0 vs. those schools, I was just hoping for a split.

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 03:32 PM

If you want easy easy money I would take TT over MSU LOL. They have like 8 players suspended. I'm not a gambler, whats the spread on that game right now?

psubills62
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Plus Joe Pa usually is pretty good in the big games. I was shocked he lost Iowa and tOSU both at home. I was even more shocked when Ohio State went 2-0 vs. those schools, I was just hoping for a split.

I was shocked that PSU lost both big games as well. I thought for sure that a home revenge game against Iowa was in the works. Without that stupid blocked punt (ST's could end up killing us against LSU), I don't know if Iowa wins that game, tbh.

Joe's teams almost always show up big in bowl games. Vs. USC was a big exception last year. Though I'm wondering which is going to take precedence this year: Joe Pa's ability to bring it during big games or Daryll Clark's ability to flop in them. I'm hoping Clark can go out in style.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM

It won't open at 7, that's for sure. Heck, Bama/Texas has opened at -5.5. No way LSU is favored more than Bama at this point.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
PSU lost at home to Michigan a few years back, in a big game, lost at home to Iowa and OSU this year, got killed by USC last year, and beat a middle of the road{not the best} SEC team in Tenn. That is their claim to fame, unless you want to count the Pryor fumble game.

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
If you want easy easy money I would take TT over MSU LOL. They have like 8 players suspended. I'm not a gambler, whats the spread on that game right now?

If it was that easy everyone would take it.
Remeber something VEGAS runs the way $$ is spread in the football community....

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 03:54 PM
It won't open at 7, that's for sure. Heck, Bama/Texas has opened at -5.5. No way LSU is favored more than Bama at this point.

It may happen.
I was very surprised the spread was at 5.5 Bama Vs texas.
i thought 10

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 04:03 PM
It may happen.
I was very surprised the spread was at 5.5 Bama Vs texas.
i thought 10

none of these speads are locked, 20+ days these will all change.

life of faith
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM

spreads :giggity:

we are
12-07-2009, 04:56 PM
PSU lost at home to Michigan a few years back, in a big game, lost at home to Iowa and OSU this year, got killed by USC last year, and beat a middle of the road{not the best} SEC team in Tenn. That is their claim to fame, unless you want to count the Pryor fumble game.

Why in the world would that not count? The Big Ten was on the line and at the time kept their national title hopes alive. Michigan was a better team when they won in Happy Valley...I also remember both PSU QB's getting hurt and Alan Branch driving his helmet into Morelli's head.

Yeah Penn State hasn't won any big games this year...but what did LSU do that was so special? Was it their 8 point thumping over LA Tech?

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I believe oneputt has awoken the sleeping Nittany Lion :D:

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 05:27 PM

You don't have to tell me..
I worked with a handicapper before I know how lines go and are made....

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 05:29 PM
You don't have to tell me..
I worked with a handicapper before I know how lines go and are made....

Did he receive good parking IMHO? :scratch:

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I believe oneputt has awoken the sleeping Nittany Lion :D:

HA HA HA:awm:

Thats why I dont talk Big Ten SEC talk.
Everyone knows how they really feel....
Right now the Big Ten is down and they will pick up again.
They need a BIG win in a Bowl game and people would talk again.
I do Like IOWA vs G TECH as of right now....

Ohio St vs Orgeon don't know yet...
LSU vs Penn St I like LSU in this game just because I think Penn St has been so overrated this year but LSU is overrated as welll....

You have to play the game and remember you haver to show up you can ask FL about that.....

tampabay25690
12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Did he receive good parking IMHO? :scratch:

He is a famous handicapper actually a family member that works out of Las Vegas and the Cayman Islands...I got to see a part of the sport world that i didn't know existed just keep it at that.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Well PSU you have your chance. If you get hammered again by the 3rd best SEC team this year then stfu.

I heard the same bs before USC last year. It's always the same **** with this team, then they play somebody good and lose. Time to step up to the plate and win.

we are
12-07-2009, 05:50 PM
We will see. Ive learned to not be THAT confident of this team with Clark as the QB. But theres nothing special about LSU. Everyone argued when they barely beat Washington that the Huskies are actually a really good team cause they beat USC....But USC sucked this year and so did Washington.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
USC sucked for USC. Didn't they beat the Big-10 champ, on their home field, with a Freshman qb ??????? Ooooopppssss.

Big-10 has three big bowl games: OSU/Oregon, PSU/LSU, Iowa/G.Tech. Do something in those games.

Nobody cars if Minn beats Iowa St or N-Western beats Auburn.

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 06:31 PM
USC sucked for USC. Didn't they beat the Big-10 champ, on their home field, with a Freshman qb ??????? Ooooopppssss.

Big-10 has three big bowl games: OSU/Oregon, PSU/LSU, Iowa/G.Tech. Do something in those games.

Teams go through the football season and some get better and some get worse, but as someone who only cares about the gambling part of it I wouldn't expect you to understand that. I would argue SC's defense got worse as the year went along, and that Oregon is a hell of a lot better team than when they played Boise St in the opener. I also think our defense got a lot better...thats why I'm looking forward to the Rose Bowl. By the way, I think SC sucked not for SC I think they sucked because they are 5th in the Pac 10.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Haha this is one of the most hypocritical posts I've ever seen. So you dismiss the game where PSU beat OSU AT the Horseshoe because of Pryor's fumble...but losing the Iowa game where there is a completely fluke special teams play (they weren't even trying to block the punt) is a huge deal? Oh and did you even realize that PSU's backup QB, Devlin, who had very little playing experience up to that point, was the one who led PSU to the winning score? Come on....

And how do you also discount PSU's history of winning bowls? You rag constantly on us about the one loss last year to USC, but happen to forget about the bowl wins we have prior to last year? Do I have to count them out for you AGAIN?

psubills62
12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
HA HA HA:awm:

Thats why I dont talk Big Ten SEC talk.
Everyone knows how they really feel....
Right now the Big Ten is down and they will pick up again.
They need a BIG win in a Bowl game and people would talk again.
I do Like IOWA vs G TECH as of right now....

Ohio St vs Orgeon don't know yet...
LSU vs Penn St I like LSU in this game just because I think Penn St has been so overrated this year but LSU is overrated as welll....

You have to play the game and remember you haver to show up you can ask FL about that.....

Yeah, I don't know if this is quite the Big Ten's year to pick themselves up in the bowl games, but I think they perform better than they have, maybe go 3-4 or 4-3 in the bowls. I believe the Big Ten is a couple years away from really coming back into prominence. PSU has a monster recruiting class coming in next (as long as they can keep all of the recruits), so we'll see.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 06:41 PM

Really? None of your points about the SEC being AWESOME would crash to a halt if Northwestern beat Auburn?

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Lines out: Penn St. -3 over LSU.
I thought it would be LSU -3.

Auburn -9 over N-western

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I can't help it Paterno was to stupid to play Devlin.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Put-up or shut up for Big Ten.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Just remeber that sucky USC team beat OSU in the shoe. LOL.

psubills62

I'm not sure. At this point it's hard to say that if PSU does happen to win, you won't just dismiss it as the "Jefferson fumble game."

Will you give any credit to PSU if they beat LSU? Just wondering.

Block "O"

if they put up will you shut up :scratch:

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I'll give the Little-10 their props if they even win three of their games.

They might win two.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Penn States favored. Time to put up. Favored to win, so lets see if they can do it.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:55 PM
They might lose everyone of them to.

we are
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I can't help it Paterno was to stupid to play Devlin.

You seem to know a lot about Penn State. You know the result of every game they have played the last few years and specifics about it, and you know all about their quarterback debate last year?

Are you sure you aren't an ex PSU fan who jumped off the bandwagon in 2004?

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
They might lose everyone of them to.

can you please combine your thoughts into 1 single post instead of making multiple irrelevant ones? :scratch:

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
And if any of you are planning to put any coin on Penn St., wait because that line will go down.

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
You seem to know a lot about Penn State. You know the result of every game they have played the last few years and specifics about it, and you know all about their quarterback debate last year?

Are you kidding. I've been bucking that team for twenty years.

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM

I don't think he even represents the status quo of SEC fans. I been on SEC boards all year and even they seem convinced the conference is top heavy with not much in the middle or at the bottom.

we are
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Are you kidding. I've been bucking that team for twenty years.

Why?

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Why?

$$$$$.
Always over ranked, rated, and priced. Paterno gets way to much respect from the linemakers.

What were they doing giving OSU points this year ?

psubills62
12-07-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't think he even represents the status quo of SEC fans. I been on SEC boards all year and even they seem convinced the conference is top heavy with not much in the middle or at the bottom.

So it's just all the SEC fans that I see on MB's that are the ones convinced that Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Mississippi could beat Ohio State, Cincinnati, TCU, PSU, etc.?

we are
12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
$$$$$.
Always over ranked, rated, and priced. Paterno gets way to much respect from the linemakers.

What were they doing giving OSU points this year ?

So all you care about is betting on college football?

Hell of a fan we have here boys ^

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm really not a fan of any conference, but it is obvious where the best football is played. And I enjoy watching that conf. because they have the best players, coaches, speed, athletes and teams.

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 07:06 PM
So it's just all the SEC fans that I see on MB's that are the ones convinced that Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Mississippi could beat Ohio State, Cincinnati, TCU, PSU, etc.?

I don't know LOL But I have spend some time on a Razorbacks message board to see what they thought of Mallet and actually they were pretty cool.

psubills62
12-07-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't know LOL But I have spend some time on a Razorbacks message board to see what they thought of Mallet and actually they were pretty cool.

Gee, maybe I'll have to go visit them sometime. I've grown to hate the SEC very quickly, mainly because of its fans. For some reason, Florida wins all the time and suddenly the SEC is the best conference top to bottom...

k-oneputt
12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Gee, maybe I'll have to go visit them sometime. I've grown to hate the SEC very quickly, mainly because of its fans. For some reason, Florida wins all the time and suddenly the SEC is the best conference top to bottom...

Actually LSU was giving out the beatings, then florida, and now it looks like it's Alabama's turn.

DraftBoy
12-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Bets:
Oregon -3.5
Cincy +10
TCU-Straight Up
GT -3.5
Bama -5.5

Bama is easy money at this point, I bet that line hits double digits before kick off.

Ingtar33
12-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Bets:
Oregon -3.5
Cincy +10
TCU-Straight Up
GT -3.5
Bama -5.5

Bama is easy money at this point, I bet that line hits double digits before kick off.

TCU is also a gimme. TCU is probably the 2nd best team in the country and will blow Boise off the field.

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 07:28 PM

You should go to the PSU/LSU bowl game. The Tigers fans were actually a lot of fun in New Orleans. Message boards are a bad barometer to judge fans. BBMB USC fans are the worst ever but I met some cool SC people in LA last year and in Columbus this year.

DraftBoy
12-07-2009, 07:32 PM
TCU is also a gimme. TCU is probably the 2nd best team in the country and will blow Boise off the field.

Id bet a parlay with

GT over Iowa
TCU over Boise
Bama over Texas

At 100 bucks a game Id net 600. That's not a bad idea...

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Texas vs. Alabama should be good.

we are
12-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Just curious...

How/where exactly do you guys bet?

DraftBoy
12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Just curious...

Bodog

Ingtar33
12-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Just curious...

I don't

I sometimes play pick'em games for no money... (i won the BZ college football pickem the one year i played it in 2007)... but no. i don't bet

Block "O"
12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Texas Tech over MSU easy money

tampabay25690
12-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Bets:
Oregon -3.5
Cincy +10
TCU-Straight Up
GT -3.5
Bama -5.5

If Bama goes dbl digits it will be a close game...
Way to much $$$$$ going on BAMA...Back door cover....

tampabay25690
12-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Id bet a parlay with

GT over Iowa
TCU over Boise
Bama over Texas

At 100 bucks a game Id net 600. That's not a bad idea...

Parlays are great but very difficult to bet.

DraftBoy
12-08-2009, 07:47 AM
If Bama goes dbl digits it will be a close game...
Way to much $$$$$ going on BAMA...Back door cover....

I dont know how close it will be, Bama has the talent to run Texas out of the building.

The line will move probably close to 10.5, 11.0 at kick off. Its a great bet for people under 7.0.

k-oneputt
12-08-2009, 07:55 AM
No way that line is going to 10.5/11.

Highly unlikely it will go past 7. Since we all know 7 is a key number the books open themselves for a big middle over 7.

tampabay25690
12-08-2009, 07:58 AM
I dont know how close it will be, Bama has the talent to run Texas out of the building.

The line will move probably close to 10.5, 11.0 at kick off. Its a great bet for people under 7.0.

I agree with you BUT remember something $$ is ruled by vegas on Big games.
It will get to 6 or 7 and push if all the $$ is on Bama.

tampabay25690
12-08-2009, 08:02 AM

Dont know if Im gonna touch the game I will wait and see what happens.
This game is to fishy for me......

Block "O"
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Dont know if Im gonna touch the game I will wait and see what happens.
This game is to fishy for me......

I think if it was this or next saturday Bama would roll but the wild card is the media telling Texas how their going to get steam rolled for 25+ days. They are going to be highly motivated.

we are
01-01-2010, 07:57 PM
good thread k-oneputt!

psubills62
01-01-2010, 10:44 PM

I particularly like this one, though he's got a lot of good ones. I didn't see LSU's front seven get ANY pressure on Clark in the game. PSU also dominated in the run game in the second half (which is when their O usually comes on strong).

k-oneputt
01-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Good win for PSU.
Of course they caught the perfect storm with the crappy field and if anyone denies that they are jusy lying to themselves.
It was a typical Paterno/PSU game that "we" all know about.
I'll lay it out for you, Paterno gets the majority of the calls from the refs. And as usual it played to form. That's expected but it comes out on the other end with the skewered lines.
LSU +3 BABY !!!!! Paterno/PSU are money again.

Pull up those threads. I told you the line would drop and it did, unless you got in early. Thanks again Joe Pa.

we are
01-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Good win for PSU.
Of course they caught the perfect storm with the crappy field and if anyone denies that they are jusy lying to themselves.
I'll lay it out for you, Paterno gets the majority of the calls from the refs. And as usual it played to form. That's expected but it comes out on the other end with the skewered lines.

Pull up those threads. I told you the line would drop and it did, unless you got in early. Thanks again Joe Pa.

I do no care about the spread or the lines...im a real football fan. Don't give me the refs crap...I can show you atleast 3 or 4 clips where Jack Crawfords jersey was being grabbed, or how about LSU DT being offsides on Penn States last offensive play and it not being called. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

I dont wanna hear about the field either, football is football and both teams had to play on it. LSU barely even had to travel for the game, while Penn State (like always) had to travel to the other side of the map.

Penn State won, you thought they were going to get smoked. You thought LSUs front line was going to dominate, I dont even think Clark got sacked....and with the game on the line PSU's oline opened up a huge hole for Green and a crucial first down.

You also thought the Pac 10 was the second best conference....lol. You said the Big Ten might lose all their bowls as well. This was not a good thread for you.

psubills62
01-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Good win for PSU.

Sorry, but excuses are excuses. If LSU was supposed to stomp PSU on a normal field, then they should have done it on a crappy field. Was the crappy field the reason that LSU's WR's had brick hands?

And I agree totally with we are...you could argue that the PF penalty at the end was ticky-tack, but LSU was pulling bush league crap when they were messing with the snap. I couldn't believe they didn't get called for that junk the second time around (when PSU got called for the "illegal shift").

That is fine if you made money off of PSU, because all that matters is the win, baby :up: And yet again, PSU proves that SEC speed is a myth.

k-oneputt
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Plus three *****es. Winner.

we are
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
so the fact that you were wrong on everything in this thread doesn't bother you at all?

Wolffman
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
That is fine if you made money off of PSU, because all that matters is the win, baby :up: And yet again, PSU proves that SEC speed is a myth.

Say what you want about the game, but don't tell me PSU proved they were as fast as LSU. Both teams were the same speed: freakishly slow. Neither team could move at all because of the swamp they were playing in.

psubills62
01-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Say what you want about the game, but don't tell me PSU proved they were as fast as LSU. Both teams were the same speed: freakishly slow. Neither team could move at all because of the swamp they were playing in.

Even if it's a crappy field, if the"SEC speed" is true, then it should still show. Because both teams should be slowed down equally, and if they're slowed down equally then LSU should still technically be faster than PSU.

It's too bad speed matters zilch if you can't catch. Even if LSU is faster, it doesn't mean they are better.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 12:45 PM
That field neutralized the speed and skill aspect of the game. Which was LSU's edge and advantage. Believe what you want. You are happy with the PSU win and I am happy with the LSU cover.
Happy New Year.

psubills62
01-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Plus three *****es. Winner.
Wrong. Looking like a moron makes you a loser. Shall we do a collage of k-oneputt quotes? Some of my comments in brackets.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CPJS%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CPJS%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CPJS%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> The pounding will come with the Penn St. offense trying to move the ball on the LSU defense. And LSU's wr's will give the PSU defense problems. [I][340 total yards for PSU, 243 for LSU]

<o:p> </o:p>
I laid out how I see the game. I have yet to see Clark beat a good, fast defense yet. If they shut down the PSU run it could get ugly. [124 rushing yards at 3.1 YPA, versus 41 rushing yards for LSU at 1.6 YPA]

You got what you wanted, an SEC team. Let's see what happens. [WIN]<o:p></o:p>
SEC and Pac-10 are the two best conferences. [total of 6-11 in bowls]

Check out the SEC's bowl record. [4-4, compared to Big Ten's 3-3]

Well PSU you have your chance. If you get hammered again by the 3rd best SEC team this year then stfu.

I heard the same bs before USC last year. It's always the same **** with this team, then they play somebody good and lose. Time to step up to the plate and win.<o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>

I'll give the Big-10 their props if they even win three of their games.

They might win two.

I especially love the last bolded one. Where's the props you were supposedly going to give? The Big Ten has won two of the three BIG games, with one yet to come and they've won 3 of their 6 bowl games for a 0.500 record. Which, btw, is the same as SEC's percentage in the bowls so far.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 12:52 PM
How many National Championships won by the SEC the last five years ???
If you think the Big-10 is better than the SEC go for it.
Check out the SEC bowl record the last 5-6 years.

psubills62
01-03-2010, 12:52 PM
That field neutralized the speed and skill aspect of the game. Which was LSU's edge and advantage. Believe what you want. You are happy with the PSU win and I am happy with the LSU cover.
Happy New Year.

Gee, I guess they shouldn't be ready to be prepared in crappy conditions. No wonder no SEC team goes up north to play - they'd get blown out of the water on a snowy field for sure.

Didn't seem like the field slowed Trindon Holliday down much. Guess that's an exception, huh?

Keep making excuses....

psubills62
01-03-2010, 12:53 PM

Against the Big Ten? You mean that good old 0.500 record against the "slow, crappy Big Ten"?

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I'll give Ohio St. props. Definitely the best team in that conf.

psubills62
01-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Can't admit you're wrong, hm? Worthless

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
There's bad fields and ridiculous fields.

Thank-you Joe Pa for again filling my pockets. I love that guy.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Can't admit you're wrong, hm? Worthless

Wrong about what. SEC is still the best conference, and it's not even close.

LSU -two NC
Florida - two
Alabama - we will see.

How many has the Big-10 won in the last decade ? LOL.

psubills62
01-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Wrong about what. SEC is still the best conference, and it's not even close.

LSU -two NC
Florida - two
Alabama - we will see.

How many has the Big-10 won in the last decade ? LOL.

Wrong about LSU pounding PSU :up:

Yeah, congrats on winning the mythical national championship :rolleyes:

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Wrong about LSU pounding PSU :up:

Yeah, congrats on winning the mythical national championship :rolleyes:

You mean the one where Ohio St. got blown out in twice ???LOL

psubills62
01-03-2010, 02:57 PM
You mean the one where Ohio St. got blown out in twice ???LOL

Yup, while the rest of the "top-to-bottom great" SEC was getting beaten by the rest of the Big Ten.

tampabay25690
01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
You guys are funny

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
You guys are funny

I really don't know why I bother. If he thinks the Big-10 is better then the SEC, who am I to burst that bubble. Dream on buddy.

Wolffman
01-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Even if it's a crappy field, if the"SEC speed" is true, then it should still show. Because both teams should be slowed down equally, and if they're slowed down equally then LSU should still technically be faster than PSU.

These are the types of comments that make me HATE the Big 10, especially Penn State. This elitism garbage.

If you are running down a field, and your feet are sinking 3 inches into the ground, you're not going to run fast. Both teams were the same speed. It slowed both teams down and neutralized any advantage either team had. Say you beat them with strength, or playcalling, or grittiness, or toughness... but don't tell me you dispelled any of the notions that the SEC is faster. To do that, play LSU or Bama or Florida on a good field. If you can still run with them, then I'll believe you. Matching their speed in a swamp doesn't prove much.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I think we have already seen the Big-10 {OSU} play LSU and Florida on a normal field.

we are
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
These are the types of comments that make me HATE the Big 10, especially Penn State. This elitism garbage.

If you are running down a field, and your feet are sinking 3 inches into the ground, you're not going to run fast. Both teams were the same speed. It slowed both teams down and neutralized any advantage either team had. Say you beat them with strength, or playcalling, or grittiness, or toughness... but don't tell me you dispelled any of the notions that the SEC is faster. To do that, play LSU or Bama or Florida on a good field. If you can still run with them, then I'll believe you. Matching their speed in a swamp doesn't prove much.

Any Big East fan needs to just stay out...

psubills62
01-03-2010, 04:22 PM

This is a bunch of bull. Holliday was plenty fast on this field. My main point is that speed doesn't necessarily win games.

It's pretty obvious that a lot of the SEC teams have systems based on the spread offense and speedy skill players. Does that mean that they're all faster than the Big Ten players? No. Does it mean that that speed system will always win the game? No.

That's the myth I was talking about. Sorry I didn't explain it enough for you :whistle:

psubills62
01-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I really don't know why I bother. If he thinks the Big-10 is better then the SEC, who am I to burst that bubble. Dream on buddy.

Feel free to show me where I said this...

psubills62
01-03-2010, 04:27 PM
I think we have already seen the Big-10 {OSU} play LSU and Florida on a normal field.

As well as PSU and Tennessee.

Haha I love reading your quotes from this thread. Absolutely hilarious!

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 05:53 PM
As well as PSU and Tennessee.

Haha I love reading your quotes from this thread. Absolutely hilarious!

Yep they beat what the 3rd or 4th place SEC team, congrats.

We have all seen what happens when you match the Big-10 best against the SEC best. Blowout.

Wolffman
01-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Any Big East fan needs to just stay out...

Another intelligent thought from a Big 10 fan.

psubills, that makes more sense. I'd agree with that, except that you can not dispute that in the past few years in big BCS bowls the SEC, USC and Texas have made the Big 10 look stupid.

we are
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM

psubills, that makes more sense. I'd agree with that, except that you can not dispute that in the past few years in big BCS bowls the SEC, USC and Texas have made the Big 10 look stupid.

Texas beat Michigan and OSU in really really good games that couldve went either way, how is that making them look stupid?

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 06:49 PM
LSU over OSU = stupid
Florida over OSU {OSU big favorite} = stupid
USC over Penn St. = stupid

All blowouts.

OSU chokes to Texas = stupid.

psubills62
01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Yep they beat what the 3rd or 4th place SEC team, congrats.

We have all seen what happens when you match the Big-10 best against the SEC best. Blowout.
Hahaha it's really funny that you can't see how inconsistent your comments are.

If you're going to claim that an entire CONFERENCE is dominant, then it matters what the 3rd and 4th best teams are doing. Considering in 2006 a top-20 Tennessee team from "the best conference" lost to an unranked team from a "bad conference," it matters. Just because the SEC has one or two very good teams every year doesn't mean the whole conference is great.

psubills62
01-03-2010, 09:47 PM

Not necessarily. The SEC has made OSU look stupid, but PSU is 5-2 against the SEC since joining the Big 10. The SEC has a losing record against the Big 10 in the previous 5 years in bowl games.

USC has made the Big 10 look stupid for a while, that's true. Let me ask you this: how many times has the SEC beaten USC lately? I'd love to have seen USC play some SEC teams the past few years. Obviously not this year, but the past few years I could easily see USC taking one or two NC's away from them.

Out of curiosity, how has Texas made the Big 10 look stupid? OSU was a huge underdog last year and nearly pulled out the win.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Yep, they made OSU look stupid who happens to be the best team{by far} in the Big-10 the last five years.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Hahaha it's really funny that you can't see how inconsistent your comments are.

If you're going to claim that an entire CONFERENCE is dominant, then it matters what the 3rd and 4th best teams are doing. Considering in 2006 a top-20 Tennessee team from "the best conference" lost to an unranked team from a "bad conference," it matters. Just because the SEC has one or two very good teams every year doesn't mean the whole conference is great.

I'm claiming the SEC is the most dominant conference top to bottom, and it really isn't close.

They have one bad team. Then they go Miss St., S. Caro, Kentucky, Tenn, Georgia.
Four out of their bottom six in bowls, hmmm. And this was a down year for them. Next year this conf. is even tougher.
:dolfan:

psubills62
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Yep, they made OSU look stupid who happens to be the best team{by far} in the Big-10 the last five years.

Except for that time PSU beat them...at OSU...with their backup QB. How much money did you win on that one?

psubills62
01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm claiming the SEC is the most dominant conference top to bottom, and it really isn't close.

They have one bad team. Then they go Miss St., S. Caro, Kentucky, Tenn, Georgia.
Four out of their bottom six in bowls, hmmm. And this was a down year for them. Next year this conf. is even tougher.
:dolfan:

Hahaha suuuure. You seem to be all over how bad OSU has done in MNCG's against SEC teams, but you seem to ignore the Big 10 having a WINNING RECORD against the SEC in bowl games the last 5 years. You say crap like "who cares if Northwestern beats Auburn" but then claim the SEC is top to bottom best conference? Sorry, can't have it both ways. The Big 10 seems to have matched up pretty well with the SEC lately, and that's something you can't ignore.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Except for that time PSU beat them...at OSU...with their backup QB. How much money did you win on that one?

Are you trying to claim that Penn St. has been better then OSU. Yeah, PSU beat a Freshman qb that year. I guess that end this year in "Happy Valley".

At least Ohio State has the balls to play good teams ooc.

Just think we will get to see your Lions in Alabama next year. About time.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Last I knew Auburn beat Northwestern.

psubills62
01-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Last I knew Auburn beat Northwestern.

:doh: I was quoting you when you said "nobody cares IF northwestern beats Auburn."

k-oneputt
01-04-2010, 10:39 AM
:doh: I was quoting you when you said "nobody cares IF northwestern beats Auburn."

And nobody does outside of Auburn. It really wasn't a suprise they won. It was a suprise NW came back on them.

Good luck in Alabama next year.:nervous:

tampabay25690
01-05-2010, 08:48 AM
WOW Tcu just layed down last nite and had fright all over there faces....

Worst pick on my part in all of coollege Bowl season.....

k-oneputt
01-05-2010, 09:33 AM
WOW Tcu just layed down last nite and had fright all over there faces....

Worst pick on my part in all of coollege Bowl season.....

I had them also. Good defense but that offense sucked.
Also they were out-coached bigtime.

k-oneputt
01-05-2010, 09:34 AM
And they wanted Bama. I don't think they would score against Bama, Texas, or Florida.