PDA

View Full Version : Bradley gets KO'd, one punch.. Carcillo gets 4 games

JD
12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
WHAT A JOKE.

Bradley drops his gloves a split second before he gets rocked. 4 games is ridiculous.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mV9WE5C96xA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mV9WE5C96xA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What a punch though, DAMN! :roflmao:

Philagape
12-06-2009, 11:12 PM
WTH? It's ok to fight, but if you do what's basically the goal of a fight, you get suspended? :huh:

qcsabresfan84
12-07-2009, 03:33 AM
I can understand a game misconduct there but that suspension is a joke

Ingtar33
12-07-2009, 03:39 AM
that is a joke. but didn't Brad May get suspended when he one punched that guy in a fight... breaking the guys jaw (and his own hand in the process)?

OpIv37
12-07-2009, 07:00 AM
apparently punching faster than the other guy now warrants a suspension.

I'm really sick of the arbitrary rule enforcement in the NHL. They want to allow fighting because it can be exciting, but at the same time they try to discourage it so people don't think the sport is "too violent." Then they hand out suspensions for fighting, hits from behind, etc, on an almost arbitrary nature. Two plays that look nearly identical get completely different responses from the league.

The sport is dangerous. Players know that when they choose to play. Fighting is dangerous. Players know that before they choose to drop their gloves. The league needs to suck it up.

G Wolly
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Are you sure he dropped his gloves?

Or did Carcillo just punch him so hard he broke his nose, caused his gloves to fly off, and made him soil himself simultaneously?

DMBcrew36
12-07-2009, 11:00 AM
1. Carcillo instigated. Bradley didn't want to fight - he has concussion issues.
2. Bradley only dropped his gloves at the last moment, because he had to, to defend himself
3. His gloves had barely left his hands before he was jacked in the face. His gloves hadn't even hit the ice. There was no grappling.
4. Carcillo is a repeat offender with a history of incidents where he has shown no respect or regard for the safety of fellow players.

A different player doesn't get 4 games, but given the circumstances and that it was Carcillo, I'd say it's fair. The league has no choice but to get more severe in punishment for Carcillo.

clumping platelets
12-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Carcillo deserved it............Bradley checked him hard but legally. It was NO reason for him to blow his cool.

SabreEleven
12-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Carcillo didn't deserve it just due to the fact he is on my fantasy team :mad:

DMBcrew36
12-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Carcillo didn't deserve it just due to the fact he is on my fantasy team :mad:

He gave you 29 PIM before his little vacation, though.