• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Really BZ?

You guys still don't understand it's HOW we draft not WHEN we draft? Geez. It's not like the Colts/Steelers/Pats get **** every draft at pick 30 or whatever.

BUT, I'll put it this way, I would love to lose every single game left, IF we could get one single win against the Patriots at home. That would be worth the disappointment of all the other losses combined. That will also hopefully be enough to run our shoddy talent evaluators straight out of town. That would be the big deal, not the draft slot we get. Seems like a win-win-win to me.

• BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Really BZ?

as much as i don't give one **** about the rest of the season. i'll be at the pats game cheering these bunch of losers on. god, please let the bills sign a good coach.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

I agree man I agree.

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
        You guys still don't understand it's HOW we draft not WHEN we draft? Geez. It's not like the Colts/Steelers/Pats get **** every draft at pick 30 or whatever.

BUT, I'll put it this way, I would love to lose every single game left, IF we could get one single win against the Patriots at home. That would be worth the disappointment of all the other losses combined. That will also hopefully be enough to run our shoddy talent evaluators straight out of town. That would be the big deal, not the draft slot we get. Seems like a win-win-win to me.
        Where you draft can be the difference between Patrick Willis and Marshawn Lynch.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Agreed.

Making later round picks count and having a good front office in place is how the good teams stay on top.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Oaf

The Patriots drafts haven't impressed me in the past few years. They have lots of picks, but they haven't been getting a lot of great players out of them.

I actually like our last draft more than any of the Pats in the past 3 years.

The Steelers get good finds pretty much every draft, but they have their fair share of busts too.

The Colts manage to get a few players that they need but also cant seem to turn the corner on an y great defensive players.

Comment

• Buddo
              • Mar 2007

Last draft might have been going down as one of the best drafts ever, had we took Oher instead of Maybin. Oher/Wood/Levitre/Byrd/Nelson would have been excellent.
              Unfortunately, most of the lower round experiments, don't look that much atm. Maybin represents a very much boom or bust guy as of now, in part due to the coaching staff's uncertainty, and consequently what scheme we may be playing next year.
              While they may have identified our pass rush as an issue, signing off on a guy who isn't going to contribute this year, was a pretty poor effort from the FO

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Crisis
                Where you draft can be the difference between Patrick Willis and Marshawn Lynch.
                Heh, not for the smug "We were going to take Poz anyways" Bills.

Think about it this way. Would you give up 15 draft spots to get FA's actually excited to come and play here for a team "on the upswing" (i.e., finishing 8-8). I would, since draft order largely doesn't matter, plus it'd be a hell of a fun ride.

Besides, look how great the Raiders/Lions/Browns/Rams have become with like 3-6 years of straight top 5 picks.
                Last edited by Oaf; 12-07-2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
                  Sure does help having Manning, Ben, and Brady behind center.

Great teams are built around a Quarterback.

Comment

• realdealryan
                    realdealrex
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

How does WHEN we draft have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with Brady???

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

I agree totally, TD, but it also proves that frachise QBs can be found anywhere in the draft: Manning, #1 overall; Roethlisberger, 3rd QB taken in Rd.1; Brady, 6th Rounder.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

One would think picking earlier would increase there chances of picking better. Or at least picking the guy they have rated higher.

Right?
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by realdealryan
                          How does WHEN we draft have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with Brady???
                          Because those teams do not have to go out and try to draft a franchise QB, they already have one and they build around them. They can add any piece to the puzzle they want because the number 1 position on their team is filled.

If Losman/Edwards were the QB of the Colts the past 5 years than the Colts wouldn't be picking late in the rounds. They would be picking up near the top ten like the Bills, Lions, Raiders, Rams, Browns, and any other team with piss poor QB play.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

The 10 ten teams in QB rating are 84-35 on the year. The bottom 10 teams are a combined 27-87.

When are people going to realize that the NFL is a QB league?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                              One would think picking earlier would increase there chances of picking better. Or at least picking the guy they have rated higher.

Right?
                              It increases your odds, but it is certainly no guarantee. And in a year when there are no consensus franchise QBs - the position we most need - increasing the odds is less important. Certainly, not worth losing games to gain a few spots.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X