• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Time to turn to Hardy

Big things in both a literal and figurative sense were supposedly on the horizon when the Buffalo Bills drafted James Hardy in the second round (41st overall) of the 2008 NFL draft. Red zone woes were the primary reason the Bills tabbed the six foot-five goliath over smallish receivers Eddie Royal, who went to Denver with the next selection and DeSean Jackson, going to Philadelphia eight picks later.

While Hardy was hardly a big play machine his rookie season, he did show glimpses of becoming the go-to guy near the end zone. He only had nine receptions in 2008, but two went for touchdowns, including the game winner late at Jacksonville in week two. Unfortunately his season ended prematurely with a nasty ACL knee injury late in the season against the New York Jets.
    But at some point, and soon, they need to start finding out how good Hardy can be. While little guys Royal and Jackson continue to flourish with their respective teams, our now healthy big man is simply rotting away.

MORE

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Re: Time to turn to Hardy

Yeah, what the hell is the deal here anyway? I haven't heard mych about Hardy. Sounded like he was healthy but when are we going to get this guy some experience? It's not like we are still fighting for a playoff spot. Put the friggin guy in there to see what he's capable of!

Our FO sucks!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

this is another thing that puzzles me with this team. they activate him and do absolutely nothing to get him on the field. how the hell can they evaluate this guy if they don't play him. it's another ass backwards move by the Bills FO and coaching staff. this team is going nowhere this year and they need to find out what he has NOW. if they're going to wait until next year, like they're doing with Maybin, they're not doing anything to help this team in the future.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

James Hardy is not playing because he is not good enough to be out there.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

PS. My WR thread came out before your Hardy article was posted here Pat. We must have both seen DeSean Jackson lighting it up this weekend.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            James Hardy is not playing because he is not good enough to be out there.

how the hell would you know if he's not even in game time situations?
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

Hardy is probably gonna be another in the long line of busts we have done this decade,
              horrible picks, and roster decisions have made this team what it is today
              so sad
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

The Bills need to stop picking projects (Hardy,Losman,McFumbles,Maybin) and start picking football players that can help now.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  The Bills need to stop picking projects (Hardy,Losman,McFumbles,Maybin) and start picking football players that can help now.

i agree. it seems that the Bills brass only key on players with potential. as we know, potential gets this team nowhere and have proven it for the last decade.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    how the hell would you know if he's not even in game time situations?
                    Because if he isn't good enough in practice he's not going to be good enough in game time.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

We're moving Hardy to the OL?

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        PS. My WR thread came out before your Hardy article was posted here Pat. We must have both seen DeSean Jackson lighting it up this weekend.
                        Desean Jackson didn't play this week, no?

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

Although Hardy hasn’t played a down this year, he hasn‘t avoided controversy. In an October story largely swept under the rug but reported here, Hardy’s rapper girlfriend Toya Carter twitted an insinuation that Hardy bought her a gun as a birthday gift. Popular urban website Media Takeout.com reported it and upon finding out, Hardy adamantly denied the gun gift-giving. Soon after our story was published, Carter took down her tweet and the Media Takeout website printed a retraction with Hardy’s denial. While whether the initial story was true or not carried no legal ramifications, it was a black eye for a young man’s who’s already had his fill of legal troubles.
                          lolol There was no controversy. He legally purchased a gun for his Girlfriend.

Comment

I don't recall Eric Moulds career starting that quickly

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Raptor
                              lolol There was no controversy. He legally purchased a gun for his Girlfriend.
                              buying a GUN for your girlfriend after you've already been in trouble with the law regarding guns isn't controversial?? ooooook.

Comment

Working...
                              X