X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Our WR situation is a mess!

Hardy was taken at (41) in the 2008 draft. Look at how some of the picks are doing that were taken in rounds 2 and 3 after him:

(70) Bennett, Earl REC 45 YDS 599 AVG 13.3 TDS 1 CHI

(97) Caldwell, Andre REC 39 YDS 363 AVG 9.3 TDS 3 CIN

(81) Doucet, Early REC 9 YDS 102 AVG 11.3 TDS 0 ARI

(49) Jackson, DeSean REC 44 YDS 769 AVG 17.5 TDS 6 PHI

(51) Kelly, Malcolm REC 14 YDS 194 AVG 13.9 TDS 0 WAS

(42) Royal, Eddie ACT REC 33 YDS 314 AVG 9.5 TDS 0 DEN

Now look at what we have currently:

Reed, Josh REC 23 YDS 228 AVG 9.9 TDS 1 BUF
    Evans, Lee REC 31 YDS 474 AVG 15.3 TDS 5 BUF
    Owens, Terrell REC 43 YDS 690 AVG 16.0 TDS 3 BUF

How do we justify Evans as a #1 WR? Serioulsy? Reed and Owens are both gone next year. Than what?
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Our WR situation is a mess!

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Dude, our guys cannot pass themselves the ball, nor can they block for the QB passing them the ball.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Everyone one of those listed except for Malcolm Kelly have a very good QB throwing to them. The fact that Hardy can not get on the field is not a good sign however, you can not blame Hardy on the fact the Bills have terrible pass protection and a terrible group of QBs.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by don137
          Everyone one of those listed except for Malcolm Kelly have a very good QB throwing to them. The fact that Hardy can not get on the field is not a good sign however, you can not blame Hardy on the fact the Bills have terrible pass protection and a terrible group of QBs.

Why does Edwards not get the same pass for the o-line that the WRs and RBs get? I find that kind of funny.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Why does Edwards not get the same pass for the o-line that the WRs and RBs get? I find that kind of funny.
            I find it funny that you find it funny. Bottom line, our QBs are not productive because our QBs suck. The line IS a reason the QBs suck. If our QB is performing, and can do it with a bad line, our WRs would still be productive. The line IS the QB excuse. Just not a good enough to fully excuse.
            Last edited by yordad; 12-07-2009, 09:20 AM.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by yordad
              I find it funny that you find it funny. Bottom line, our QBs are not productive because our QBs suck. The line IS a reason the QBs suck. If our QB is performing, and can do it with a bad line, our WRs would still be productive. The line IS the QB excuse. Just not a good enough to full excuse.
              Everything starts with the o-line. Nobody wants to admit that Evans isn't that good.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Wait, 2 days ago wasn't Edwards in no shape or form the answer for us? Could you make up your mind... your pointless rambling keeps contradicting itself.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

OLINE is the problem for sagging REC numbers, as well as the poor production of the RBs and QB, im sure TE and Fitz would look at least AVG if they had anytime to think back there
                  but still we carry 7 WRs and play 3 hmmm? but we have serious depth issues at OLINE, DLine, LBer, and TE
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Everything starts with the o-line. Nobody wants to admit that Evans isn't that good.
                    Actually everything starts and ends with a QB, see Colts, Bills, Broncos, Pats, etc...

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                      Wait, 2 days ago wasn't Edwards in no shape or form the answer for us? Could you make up your mind... your pointless rambling keeps contradicting itself.
                      Yeah, take this quote for example. He contradicts himself in consecutive sentences.
                      You say everything starts with our CRAPPY line, then you imply that this is proof Evans sucks.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

this WHOLE team is a mess. the Bills have QB's who are not that good and shouldn't be starting for any team. the OL consists of rookies and others who are nothing but mere backups. the defense ranks last against the run and on the field way too long. the coaches on this team are far below average. the FO is a joke and the owner has neglected this team and its fans for a decade. the only good thing you can say about this team is that it has a decent punter. but seriously, how many wins can you get out of a punter? that's what i thought.
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

1) Hardy has been seriously injured.
                          2) We have had a clown parade at QB, made even worse by a bad O-line.
                          3) He can't put himself into the game. Our coaching staff, at least under Jauron, let several rookies languish with its "play to keep it respectible" approach.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                            I'm not. Everyone's consensus is Edwards sucks but has nothing to do with bad o-line play. But people just said the o-line was contributing to poor RB and WR play.

Edwards is in a vacuum when it comes to o-line play?

Edwards lack of leadership is one if the reasons he is now sitting on the bench. After what I heard the last week his talent won't make up for this.

Two different situations.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Yeah, take this quote for example. He contradicts himself in consecutive sentences.
                              You say everything starts with our CRAPPY line, then you imply that this is proof Evans sucks.
                              No what I said was that people are making excuses for every position based o-line play but they exclude QB. I find that ridiculous.

Evans is not a #1 WR. Owens is playing on the same crappy team in the #2 position and has 200 more yards.

I'm sure Owens is seeing way more coverage than Evans and Evans still can't get open.

Comment

Working...
                              X