PDA

View Full Version : Yo Insiders, Any word about Brohm starting this season?

BuffaloBlitz83
12-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Anyone hear anything? I wish we could see what we have in him prior to draft.

we are
12-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Theres a lot of players I would like to see playing instead of current starters.

BillsWin
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
That is difficult to say. Fewell won't start Brohm unless Ralph tells him to, or he feels Brohm gives the team the best opportunity to win.

Remember, Fewell is playing for a job. Whether that is in Buffalo, or somewhere else.

trapezeus
12-08-2009, 08:33 AM
i also think the bills management don't want brohm playing. If he goes out there and lays an egg (which is likely due to his newness and the line play), the heat is on for a new QB. If he just sits and they just pump him up as a savior, the fanbase will be quiet and they'll be able to address the line.

The team needs 2 real linebackers a DE and a DT, provided they keep the same 4-3 defense.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2009, 08:34 AM
I had heard the plan was to start him the last game or two.

Not sure if that is still the plan. It was dependant on him picking up the offense.

patmoran2006
12-08-2009, 08:36 AM
They dont have any plans to play Brohm this year, as of now.

yordad
12-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Brohm plans to play. Unfortunately it isn't his decision.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
They dont have any plans to play Brohm this year, as of now.

I'm not surprised by this.

But let's keep playing a guy that went 9 of 23.

TigerJ
12-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I have heard that the Bills have liked what they've seen of him in practice, which is primarily with the scout team.

trapezeus
12-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm not surprised by this.

But let's keep playing a guy that went 9 of 23.

why not? season is over. It's between those two guys. Don't throw brohm into this fire with these coaches, with this line.

We potentially have a guniea pig that fans can get behind as we further establish the lines. To make him play carries more risk than reward. It carries injury risk, it carries "ruining him" risk. the only reward is that he wins a couple games that won't get us into the playoffs.

I had this poker conversation with yordad, and i think that the chances of see brohm walking in and being lights out is slim. just like holding a potential flush waiting for it to come up on the river. Maybe every now and then it happens, but is it worth wasting a ton of money every time you have a possible flush and its all dependent on the last card? probably not.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
why not? season is over. It's between those two guys. Don't throw brohm into this fire with these coaches, with this line.

We potentially have a guniea pig that fans can get behind as we further establish the lines. To make him play carries more risk than reward. It carries injury risk, it carries "ruining him" risk. the only reward is that he wins a couple games that won't get us into the playoffs.

I had this poker conversation with yordad, and i think that the chances of see brohm walking in and being lights out is slim. just like holding a potential flush waiting for it to come up on the river. Maybe every now and then it happens, but is it worth wasting a ton of money every time you have a possible flush and its all dependent on the last card? probably not.
He is nothing I would be excited for next season without me seeing him play this season. If he does not play this season I would wholeheartedly want the team to draft a QB or sign a veteran starter that will be around for more than 1 or 2 years.

DMBcrew36
12-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Here's the answer:

NO ONE KNOWS. Anyone who claims to know is just BSing. It depends how bad our QBing is the next few weeks.

bigbub2352
12-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Bills mangement should play Brohm Fitz is a bum and Edwards is gone next yr i say see what u got with alot of players including Brohm
Hardy
Johnson
Maybin
Ellis
harris
Palmer
all need to play!

HHURRICANE
12-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Bills mangement should play Brohm Fitz is a bum and Edwards is gone next yr i say see what u got with alot of players including Brohm
Hardy
Johnson
Maybin
Ellis
harris
Palmer
all need to play!

Totally agree. I have no problem finishing 4-12 but letting our new coaching staff have a decent shot of knowing what the full potential of every player is.

jamze132
12-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I am getting kind of agitated that we have a lot of young guys who are incactive every week. We are out of it. Fewell is trying to win as many games to make himself more marketable and it is hurting the future of the team. There is absolutely no reason for either Hardy or Johnson, if they are healthy, to be scratched in favor of ****ing Rosco Parrish. Sorry. The guy blows and hasn't done **** all year accept put the offense in horrible positions weely. Play the young guys and see what we have!

bigbub2352
12-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I am getting kind of agitated that we have a lot of young guys who are incactive every week. We are out of it. Fewell is trying to win as many games to make himself more marketable and it is hurting the future of the team. There is absolutely no reason for either Hardy or Johnson, if they are healthy, to be scratched in favor of ****ing Rosco Parrish. Sorry. The guy blows and hasn't done **** all year accept put the offense in horrible positions weely. Play the young guys and see what we have!
completely agree!!! good post
hardy activated just to cut our RB depth
Stevie not playing even thou all offseason (which he looked good) he has been in active most fo the season, i guess he cant find his way on the feild with this hi powered offense!
or could it be the amount we are paying Evans TO Reed and Parrish????
u do the math
so sad!

T-Long
12-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Here's the answer:

NO ONE KNOWS. Anyone who claims to know is just BSing. It depends how bad our QBing is the next few weeks.

Pat and Sal both have broken stories, so asking them if they know anything more from their sources, is legit.

yordad
12-08-2009, 01:17 PM

I had this poker conversation with yordad, and i think that the chances of see brohm walking in and being lights out is slim. just like holding a potential flush waiting for it to come up on the river. Maybe every now and then it happens, but is it worth wasting a ton of money every time you have a possible flush and its all dependent on the last card? probably not.In this case the pot is HUGE and the bet is low. The pot odds are there, and it is a call, all day.

Play Brohm!

yordad
12-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Hardy
Johnson
Maybin
Ellis
harris
Palmer
all need to play!But then we would say "Brohm only looked bad becasue he was playing with Johnson and Hardy, not Owens and Lee," lol.

k-oneputt
12-08-2009, 01:28 PM
The Bills f.o. and coaching staff are so smart they don't want to play any young players. They know how to build a team and develop players. Dickie taught many and they should just follow this philosphy even though they are 4-8 and suck again. Fitz could turn out to be a special player. No need to see if your new qb has anything, he really doesn't need gametime experience.

trapezeus
12-08-2009, 02:12 PM
He is nothing I would be excited for next season without me seeing him play this season. If he does not play this season I would wholeheartedly want the team to draft a QB or sign a veteran starter that will be around for more than 1 or 2 years.

you are more willing to deal with brohm billed as the future of the bills going into next season (in a draft of weak QBs) than to already have seen him struggle.

At a 2 year contract, brohm is perfect to get us through the growing pains of the LT getting up to snuff. and if he struggles there, we still have a new LT, a 2 year vet in Wood and Levitre, Butler still relatively young, and hangartner being ok for the 2011 draft with better QB prospects.

To play brohm now is just being as cavalier about our future as Fewell is being.

I think for the other positions, play hardy and the young'ins. There isn't the same mental breaking with young players in other positions as there is with the QB position.

trapezeus
12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
In this case the pot is HUGE and the bet is low. The pot odds are there, and it is a call, all day.

Play Brohm!

but in that situation you really don't have a lot of chips with which to lose. If you don't get this hand right, you are pretty much broke and forced to get seed money or a new QB. There is no way the bills can go into next year riding brohm if he sucks in these weeks.

The front office has no capital left with the fans. they can't tell us to wait. That's why they have to gamble that they can find the fix to the OL in this draft and a couple realy DL/LB's early so that wins come up quickly.

DMBcrew36
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Pat and Sal both have broken stories, so asking them if they know anything more from their sources, is legit.

Ok, so their sources know Fewell's exact plans for the rest of the season and nothing is subject to change, no matter what happens. Ok.

No one knows.

Beebe's Kid
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Here's the answer:

Here is what here is what PF said when asked the same question...He may be BSing us. (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/12/01/dont-look-for-brohm-on-game-field/)

trapezeus
12-08-2009, 04:35 PM
this is a bold statement from the bills. what happens if fitz throws up another dud, are they going to try and save their jobs by going back to trent, in possibly poor weather conditions?

I'm all for not playing the guy. I can't believe that the coaches would take it off the table. If they are looking to displace blame to others, moving to another, possibly better QB is where its at.