PDA

View Full Version : Bills WR coach Tolbert interviews with LSU?

Demon
12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/886634.html

<!-- --> LSU coach Les Miles is reportedly pursuing Buffalo Bills wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert for a similar job on the Tigers staff according to FootballCoachScoop.com.

The Web site reported that the two parties met Sunday. Tolbert was not available for comment Monday.

According to The Baton Rouge Advocate, current LSU receivers coach D.J. McCarthy is at the center of possible NCAA rules violations the Tigers are investigating. The probe also involves an unnamed player on LSU's team that didn't play this season. LSU already has one opening on its staff with assistant head coach/running backs coach Larry Porter taking the job at Memphis.

The majority of Tolbert's coaching career has been spent in the South. A native of Conroe, Texas, Tolbert played wide receiver at LSU before coaching stints at Louisiana-Monroe, Auburn, Louisiana-Lafayette and Florida. He was the receivers coach with the Arizona Cardinals in 2003 before joining the Bills' staff the following season.

While it's no loss for the Bills, i find it interesting that Tolbert is looking for a new job in early December for the same position. It's not like this is a new promotion for the guy.... except i think the staff has been told they will clean house and guys are already trying to look for jobs.

Night Train
12-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Smart to secure a job for 2010 early, at his old school. Good for him.

streetkings01
12-08-2009, 02:56 PM
I doubt he ever makes it back to the NFL now! Good riddence......our WRs never got any better under this guy.

NorthCarBills
12-08-2009, 03:06 PM
It's fun to read into things like this. I'll bite. I hope this does indicate there is some bold faced writing on the wall. Interesting ... thanks for sharing.

Griz78
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM

bigbub2352
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
thanks for keeping Josh Reed employed all these years, he got us 10 1st downs in 9yrs
thats about all the credit i can give
dont let the door hit u in the ass on the way out

DraftBoy
12-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Don't like losing Tolbert, he's been here and really worked hard with Lee Evans to help him transition into the WR he is today.

trapezeus
12-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Lee Evans, the number 1 who can't ever play like a number 1. Even with his favorite of the QB carosel, his numbers are pedestrian for a number 1. The guy is a long threat only. No over the middle skills, no yac production. But with so many other issues, he remains and we have to hope to get another quality receiver in.

I think if we are honest with ourselves, hardy isn't going to do anything. He can't outplay parrish, reed, johnson?

Buddo
12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Lee Evans, the number 1 who can't ever play like a number 1. Even with his favorite of the QB carosel, his numbers are pedestrian for a number 1. The guy is a long threat only. No over the middle skills, no yac production. But with so many other issues, he remains and we have to hope to get another quality receiver in.

I think if we are honest with ourselves, hardy isn't going to do anything. He can't outplay parrish, reed, johnson?

Since being back on the roster, Hardy hasn't really been fit. The fact of the matter is that if you look at how things have gone down, with Jauron being canned and Fewell in 'win as much as I can now' mode, it's hardly surprising that Hardy hasn't seen the field yet. The only receiver who has done much recently is T.O., and a lot of that is a function of how often Fitz looks for him.

I have to say I'm not especially 'sold' on Tolbert as a coach tbh. It is fair to say that whatever he does do, is still pretty dependent upon decent QB play, and aside from Edwards last season at the start, we haven't seen too much of that in several years now.
Of the 'position' coaches, there are two guys I really wouldn't want to see leave, and that's Sanders and Catavalos (sp?). These guys seem to have done pretty well in all honesty. Any new HC would be wise to look very hard at those guys before making a change.

justasportsfan
12-08-2009, 08:06 PM
wrs were never the problem. the offensive philosophy and qb problems were.

Jeff1220
12-08-2009, 08:56 PM
He probably just wants to go to a team where he can find out what it feels like to be a part of a winning program.

Raptor
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Cant blame him, the smart money is on a coaching staff purge

streetkings01
12-09-2009, 12:48 PM
thanks for keeping Josh Reed employed all these years, he got us 10 1st downs in 9yrs
thats about all the credit i can give
dont let the door hit u in the ass on the way out10 first downs in 9 years? He has 190 1st down catches in his career.

LtFinFan66
12-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I doubt he ever makes it back to the NFL now! Good riddence......our WRs never got any better under this guy.yeah, I'm sure that was his fault:rolleyes:

BuffaloBlitz83
12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
I find it mind boggling anyone would want a WR coach from the Buffalo Bills considering everyone knows our WR have under performed. How can you judge a WR Coach his receivers don't produce. QB, Playcall, or whatever. How can you judge them based on lack of results and production.

bigbub2352
12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
10 first downs in 9 years? He has 190 1st down catches in his career.
sorry i ment TDs, my mistake
but u get the point