PDA

View Full Version : This year's OT crop? Fits for Bills?

patmoran2006
12-08-2009, 04:47 PM
to my BZ college guru's. What's the scoop on this year's OT class? Any Top 10 pick prospects? I know of only one.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Bruce Campbell could def be one after his workouts, as well as Anthony Davis. I've seen that this is a good class for OTs but not great. There's a lot of guys that can be good players had in the late first early 2nd round. I really like Tony Washington and Jason Fox.

patmoran2006
12-08-2009, 04:53 PM
The only thing I've heard consistently is that Okung is gonna be the **** as a future left tackle, which means he'll probably be gone top 5 picks.

patmoran2006
12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I dont know much about this year's draft yet, and this thread is about OT's, but I can share this much with you. I've talked with a prominent draft guy, who I plan on talking with a lot more over the coming weeks, who told me that stud DT from Nebraska is so good and such a lock to be the top pick in this next draft that a few bottom feeders might not be "mad" to lose out to have a shot at the top pick.

T-Long
12-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I dont know much about this year's draft yet, and this thread is about OT's, but I can share this much with you. I've talked with a prominent draft guy, who I plan on talking with a lot more over the coming weeks, who told me that stud DT from Nebraska is so good and such a lock to be the top pick in this next draft that a few bottom feeders might not be "mad" to lose out to have a shot at the top pick.
A man named Suh is a stud. 4.5 sacks last week...as a DT? He is going to be seeing a lot of Hawaii in his career. God, I'd love to have him.

kernowboy
12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
The only thing I've heard consistently is that Okung is gonna be the **** as a future left tackle, which means he'll probably be gone top 5 picks.

It has been suggested that by the draft Okung could be overtaken by Campbell. He's only ever played the leftside and not switched like Okung plus he plays with a really nasty streak.

Other round 1 prospects include

Bryan Bulaga (10-15)
Charles Brown (14-24)
Anthony Davis (20-32) maybe more a right tackle
Joseph Barksdale (25-35)

Trent Williams seems to be sliding as some think he can only be a RT

T-Long
12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I think we have a shot at Campbell..but that's when the debate begins. Do we take a LT or QB at that spot. I just wish we'd hire a GM already so we at least can see a track record

kernowboy
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I think we have a shot at Campbell..but that's when the debate begins. Do we take a LT or QB at that spot. I just wish we'd hire a GM already so we at least can see a track record

This year, an LT on every day of the week ending in a Y

In 2011 we can draft Blaine Gabbert or Pat Devlin if he doesn't come out this year.

T-Long
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
This year, an LT on every day of the week beginning in a Y

In 2011 we can draft Blaine Gabbert or Pat Devlin if he doesn't come out this year.

Beginning with a Y? So you are saying draft a QB then...right? haha jk

Devlin couldn't beat out Darryl Clark at Penn State...not sold on him at all.

kernowboy
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Beginning with a Y? So you are saying draft a QB then...right? haha jk

Devlin couldn't beat out Darryl Clark at Penn State...not sold on him at all.

A freudian slip LOL - I think it might be the classic case of the old Nebraska duel of Tommy Frazier and Brook Berringer (RIP) where Brook was regarded as the better NFL prospect.

Mind you Flacco had to transfer to see time after being stuck behind Deshard Hicks (who?) so there is no accounting for the thinking of college coaches.

X-Era
12-08-2009, 06:04 PM
to my BZ college guru's. What's the scoop on this year's OT class? Any Top 10 pick prospects? I know of only one.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=175628

:up:

Ebenezer
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM

Just roll this one past your brain cells...

Michael Oher instead of Aaron Maybin...FO charlie foxtrot #1245.

X-Era
12-08-2009, 06:30 PM
[quote=Ebenezer]Just roll this one past your brain cells...

Michael Oher instead of Aaron Maybin...FO charlie foxtrot #1245.[/quote

Im still holding out hope that Maybin can be a great pass rushing OLB in a 3-4... and that we are going to a 3-4

Ebenezer
12-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Michael Oher instead of Aaron Maybin...FO charlie foxtrot #1245.[/quote

Im still holding out hope that Maybin can be a great pass rushing OLB in a 3-4... and that we are going to a 3-4

how many nameless, faceless, street FA have played OLB for the Bills this year and they haven't given Maybin a look? Either he doesn't have it or this coaching staff is even more stupid than we give them credit.

X-Era
12-08-2009, 06:50 PM
how many nameless, faceless, street FA have played OLB for the Bills this year and they haven't given Maybin a look? Either he doesn't have it or this coaching staff is even more stupid than we give them credit.

So, they still view him as a DE... either in the Tampa 2 or just in general... both are probably wrong.

Hes a 3-4 OLB who lacks the size to play DE in either the 3-4 or 4-3. He doesnt have the strength to get off the blocks 1 on 1.

Theres a whole bunch in this years draft that also fit this mold. Off the top of my head there's Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp, and Eric Norwood.

Raptor
12-08-2009, 09:49 PM
At this point its Okung and then everyone else. Lot of different opinions on who's the number 2 Tackle on the board

ddaryl
12-09-2009, 07:40 AM

Michael Oher instead of Aaron Maybin...FO charlie foxtrot #1245.

I was so on board with Oher at #12 last year or Orakpo....

At least I know I can draft

ddaryl
12-09-2009, 07:42 AM

I'll take choice B .... the coaching staff is even more stupid than we give them credit.

Maybin has a 3-4 OLB body IMO, and the Bills can't be serious if they are willing to wait 2-3 more years for him to fill out his frame to be a 1st rd worthy starting DE in this league

DraftBoy
12-09-2009, 07:51 AM
1. Okung
2. Campbell
3. Bulaga

After that Id probably wait till 15 or later to take an OT. All three of those guys though could be legitimate top 10 picks.

BidsJr
12-09-2009, 08:06 AM
I do not have any specific inside info, but I do stay very close to Hawkeye info. I think that the chances of Bulaga leaving are less than 50%. Adrian Clayborn and Amari Speivay on the other hand seem to be locks to declare imho.

Raptor
12-09-2009, 09:45 AM
I'd rank them out as

1.Okung
2.A.Davis
3.B.Campbell
4.T.Williams
5.M.Cannon

DraftBoy
12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I'd rank them out as

1.Okung
2.A.Davis
3.B.Campbell
4.T.Williams
5.M.Cannon

A RT #2?

Where is Bulaga?

kernowboy
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Marcus Cannon is 2011 unless he declares

Campbell is way ahead of Davis

No Bulaga, no Charles Brown, no Joseph Barksdale?

Raptor
12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
A RT #2?

Where is Bulaga?

Davis can play either side

Bulaga isnt a top Tackle prospect. Throw on the Mich tape where he gets beat like a rented mule by first round prospect B.Graham easily the best DE prospect he faced all year and he couldnt it handle him for 2 sacks and countless pressures. He has a chance to regain some status against Morgan from G.T. but I imagine he is going to struggle with him and will need help

Raptor
12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Marcus Cannon is 2011 unless he declares

Campbell is way ahead of Davis

No Bulaga, no Charles Brown, no Joseph Barksdale?

Given Campbell injury history I completely disagree

No way on Charles Brown. Shown on many occasions he cant handle the Bull Rush and is avg at best run Blocker

and yea no on Barksdale

kernowboy
12-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Well a number of pundits are saying Davis cannot play the left because of his feet, Bulaga is the clear No3 OT in the draft and some think that Campbell will over take Okung as his injuries are niggly principally caused by a willingness to play when hurt.

Raptor
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Well a number of pundits are saying Davis cannot play the left because of his feet, Bulaga is the clear No3 OT in the draft and some think that Campbell will over take Okung as his injuries are niggly principally caused by a willingness to play when hurt.

IYO

DraftBoy
12-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Davis can play either side

Bulaga isnt a top Tackle prospect. Throw on the Mich tape where he gets beat like a rented mule by first round prospect B.Graham easily the best DE prospect he faced all year and he couldnt it handle him for 2 sacks and countless pressures. He has a chance to regain some status against Morgan from G.T. but I imagine he is going to struggle with him and will need help

I dont see Davis as an either side OT. His footwork is not good enough for a man his side to handle the elite speed rushers. We'll see though.

I saw the Michigan game, it was burtally bad. But that was his lone low spot, he was solid if not spectacular the rest of the year especially in the run game. Morgan will be a great challenge for him.

TigerJ
12-09-2009, 07:32 PM
I dont know much about this year's draft yet, and this thread is about OT's, but I can share this much with you. I've talked with a prominent draft guy, who I plan on talking with a lot more over the coming weeks, who told me that stud DT from Nebraska is so good and such a lock to be the top pick in this next draft that a few bottom feeders might not be "mad" to lose out to have a shot at the top pick.I heard one guy say on the radio that Suh may be the best DT to come out of college in the last 30+ years.

PECKERWOOD
12-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Charles Brown & Trent Williams are my two favorite prospects.. :rolleyes: Yeah, they're not 1 or 2 on anybody's list but both of these guys are going to be pro-bowlers at left tackle in the NFL. If you've seen Oklahoma or USC's offensive line play before, you'd know why I love these two guys so much, they're the cream of that crop.

Yasgur's Farm
12-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Charles Brown & Trent Williams are my two favorite prospects.. :rolleyes: Yeah, they're not 1 or 2 on anybody's list but both of these guys are going to be pro-bowlers at left tackle in the NFL. If you've seen Oklahoma or USC's offensive line play before, you'd know why I love these two guys so much, they're the cream of that crop.I dunno... I consider Williams #2.

PECKERWOOD
12-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I dunno... I consider Williams #2.
I'm not ranking them with the other guys, they're just two players I've seen play alot during their careers and have been enamored with. I'm not saying Okung, Bulaga nor Campbell will be bad football players, they're obviously very talented as well. I'm not ranking Charles and Williams with them per say, I'm just stating figuratively that if they're not successful as left tackles in the NFL, I'll be surprised, sincerely.

Ingtar33
12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I heard one guy say on the radio that Suh may be the best DT to come out of college in the last 30+ years.

maybe.. i think Harris was about as good. I don't know... i only caught the big 12 championship game for him this year... and he was just destroying the Texas line. That had to have been one of the most dominating performances i've seen by a DT since Tommie Harris was at Oklahoma.

Considering Harris has been pretty much a probowler every year he's played (when he was healthy)... i'd say Suh is a can't miss prospect on the d-line.