• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

This year's OT crop? Fits for Bills?

to my BZ college guru's. What's the scoop on this year's OT class? Any Top 10 pick prospects? I know of only one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: This year's OT crop? Fits for Bills?

Bruce Campbell could def be one after his workouts, as well as Anthony Davis. I've seen that this is a good class for OTs but not great. There's a lot of guys that can be good players had in the late first early 2nd round. I really like Tony Washington and Jason Fox.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

The only thing I've heard consistently is that Okung is gonna be the **** as a future left tackle, which means he'll probably be gone top 5 picks.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I dont know much about this year's draft yet, and this thread is about OT's, but I can share this much with you. I've talked with a prominent draft guy, who I plan on talking with a lot more over the coming weeks, who told me that stud DT from Nebraska is so good and such a lock to be the top pick in this next draft that a few bottom feeders might not be "mad" to lose out to have a shot at the top pick.

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I dont know much about this year's draft yet, and this thread is about OT's, but I can share this much with you. I've talked with a prominent draft guy, who I plan on talking with a lot more over the coming weeks, who told me that stud DT from Nebraska is so good and such a lock to be the top pick in this next draft that a few bottom feeders might not be "mad" to lose out to have a shot at the top pick.
          A man named Suh is a stud. 4.5 sacks last week...as a DT? He is going to be seeing a lot of Hawaii in his career. God, I'd love to have him.

Comment

The only thing I've heard consistently is that Okung is gonna be the **** as a future left tackle, which means he'll probably be gone top 5 picks.
            It has been suggested that by the draft Okung could be overtaken by Campbell. He's only ever played the leftside and not switched like Okung plus he plays with a really nasty streak.

Other round 1 prospects include

Bryan Bulaga (10-15)
            Charles Brown (14-24)
            Anthony Davis (20-32) maybe more a right tackle
            Joseph Barksdale (25-35)

Trent Williams seems to be sliding as some think he can only be a RT

Comment

• T-Long
              • Sep 2003

I think we have a shot at Campbell..but that's when the debate begins. Do we take a LT or QB at that spot. I just wish we'd hire a GM already so we at least can see a track record

Comment

Originally posted by T-Long
                I think we have a shot at Campbell..but that's when the debate begins. Do we take a LT or QB at that spot. I just wish we'd hire a GM already so we at least can see a track record
                This year, an LT on every day of the week ending in a Y

In 2011 we can draft Blaine Gabbert or Pat Devlin if he doesn't come out this year.
                Last edited by Guest; 12-08-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• T-Long
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kernowboy
                  This year, an LT on every day of the week beginning in a Y

In 2011 we can draft Blaine Gabbert or Pat Devlin if he doesn't come out this year.
                  Beginning with a Y? So you are saying draft a QB then...right? haha jk

Devlin couldn't beat out Darryl Clark at Penn State...not sold on him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Long
                    Beginning with a Y? So you are saying draft a QB then...right? haha jk

Devlin couldn't beat out Darryl Clark at Penn State...not sold on him at all.
                    A freudian slip LOL - I think it might be the classic case of the old Nebraska duel of Tommy Frazier and Brook Berringer (RIP) where Brook was regarded as the better NFL prospect.

Mind you Flacco had to transfer to see time after being stuck behind Deshard Hicks (who?) so there is no accounting for the thinking of college coaches.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

to my BZ college guru's. What's the scoop on this year's OT class? Any Top 10 pick prospects? I know of only one.
                      1) Russell Okung (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2919744#post2919744), Oklahoma State 2) Bryan Bulaga (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2919747#post2919747), Iowa 3) Trent Williams (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2919749#post2919749), Oklahoma 4) Bruce Campbell (http://www

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Just roll this one past your brain cells...

Michael Oher instead of Aaron Maybin...FO charlie foxtrot #1245.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

[quote=Ebenezer]Just roll this one past your brain cells...

Michael Oher instead of Aaron Maybin...FO charlie foxtrot #1245.[/quote

Im still holding out hope that Maybin can be a great pass rushing OLB in a 3-4... and that we are going to a 3-4

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                            Just roll this one past your brain cells...

Michael Oher instead of Aaron Maybin...FO charlie foxtrot #1245.[/quote

Im still holding out hope that Maybin can be a great pass rushing OLB in a 3-4... and that we are going to a 3-4
                            how many nameless, faceless, street FA have played OLB for the Bills this year and they haven't given Maybin a look? Either he doesn't have it or this coaching staff is even more stupid than we give them credit.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              how many nameless, faceless, street FA have played OLB for the Bills this year and they haven't given Maybin a look? Either he doesn't have it or this coaching staff is even more stupid than we give them credit.
                              So, they still view him as a DE... either in the Tampa 2 or just in general... both are probably wrong.

Hes a 3-4 OLB who lacks the size to play DE in either the 3-4 or 4-3. He doesnt have the strength to get off the blocks 1 on 1.

Theres a whole bunch in this years draft that also fit this mold. Off the top of my head there's Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp, and Eric Norwood.

Comment

Working...
                              X