PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are in position to draft the #1 or 2 QB in the draft.

BillsWin
12-08-2009, 06:59 PM
In my honest opinion, I see the Bills being in position to take one of the top three quarterbacks in the draft. I think Bradford, Clausen or Locker could all potentially be sitting at the seventh spot, or at least two of them. On will fall to where the Bills are looking to be picking at.

I see the Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins, St. Louis and Cleveland as all being teams potentially in the hunt for a top tier QB.

With Oakland's new found style of play and the potential that they will finish with a better record than the Bills, let's say for the sake of argument that we pick in front of them.

St. Louis is definetly going to pick a QB in my opinion. They got their LT last season and Bulger was never worth that extension.

That leaves Cleveland and Washington.

This is where I think the draft gets interesting.

In the past three weeks Brady Quinn is 61 of 112 for 675 yards 7 touchdowns and 0 interceptions with a rushing touchdown.

Jason Campbell in the past five weeks is 108 of 164 for 1,243 yards 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He has one rushing touchdowns.

Now, those aren't fantastic numbers by any stretch of the imagination, but Quinn is very young and Cleveland has many needs. Suh looks really good at number one overall. As does Dex Bryant who is a fantastic player and without Edwards, they lack a star WR.

Washington may think they are done with Campbell, but he hasn't played God awful. He has kept them in games that they find ways to lose almost all season long. He is alright in there for now, and one more season won't kill them if they see someone that high they like.

I truly believe that the Bills will have their pick of the litter and potential to move up if need be.

Thoughts? Also does anyone know if Mallett is coming out?

T-Long
12-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Here is what I see happening:

1. If Mangini is still there, the Browns keep Quinn as their QB and draft elsewhere.
2. Tampa has their QB, so they pass (could trade down with someone who needs a QB (Seattle)
3. St. Louis without a DOUBT takes the top QB available with their pick.
4. Detroit obviously passes on a QB (trade out possibility, but I think they go with best OT available)
5. Washington goes QB as well. Campbell is not the answer and a new regime (eh hem Shanahan) will want his own guy. Washington takes the 2nd best QB available.
6. Kansas City has their QB and takes the other top LT available.
7. Bills are left with the 3rd QB available which definitely could be Bradford. If that is the case, they better snag him. Top 2 tackles are more than likely gone and, in my opinion, Clausen and Locker are gone, so the pick, in this scenario, has got to be Bradford.

DrGraves
12-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I definitely think we will be in a position to take whichever QB we want. The problem is that I don't think our front office is competent enough to make the correct decision...

Demon
12-08-2009, 07:08 PM
As it's been said many times on this board, it seems like a very weak QB class. In 2007, the 2nd qb taken was Brady Quinn, far from a franchise savior so just because you select one of the top 2 it doesn't always work out to be a proven stud.

The Juice Is Loose
12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
A. Jason Campbell is a free agent this year

B. Mallett sucks

C. So do all the other QBs

D. If the Bills seriously go out and draft Bradford, off 2 shoulder injuries, not that good to begin with, I'll puke all over myself.

E. Clausen is a little beyotch. He isn't any good.

F. Tebow, a Florida, run first, left handed, slow delivery qb. No thanks.

We need Suh or Okung.

Prov401
12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure if I'm sold on any of these QB's. I want to wait until the combine to make a final assesment. I feel that all of these QB's are projects. Nobody jumps out. In '04' you knew Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben were going to be cornerstones to their respective franchises. I don't get that feel this year. But you never really know. I do agree that we are going to have a shot at most of these QB's.

Right now I have them ranked as this: Braford, Clausen, Locker, McCoy, Tebow, until the combine.

McBFLO
12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I definitely think we will be in a position to take whichever QB we want. The problem is that I don't think our front office is competent enough to make the correct decision...
Thankfully, it looks like our current front office won't be the front office making the big decision.

T-Long
12-08-2009, 07:15 PM

B. Mallett sucks

D. If the Bills seriously go out and draft Bradford, off 2 shoulder injuries, not that good to begin with, I'll puke all over myself.

We need Suh or Okung.

Suh or Okung are going to be long gone.

X-Era
12-08-2009, 07:19 PM

1. If Mangini is still there, the Browns keep Quinn as their QB and draft elsewhere.
2. Tampa has their QB, so they pass (could trade down with someone who needs a QB (Seattle)
4. Detroit obviously passes on a QB (trade out possibility, but I think they go with best OT available)
5. Washington goes QB as well. Campbell is not the answer and a new regime (eh hem Shanahan) will want his own guy. Washington takes the 2nd best QB available.
7. Bills are left with the 3rd QB available which definitely could be Bradford. If that is the case, they better snag him. Top 2 tackles are more than likely gone and, in my opinion, Clausen and Locker are gone, so the pick, in this scenario, has got to be Bradford.
1) Maybe, maybe not. Mangini liked Quinn so much that he wouldn't make him the starter from the beginning of the season?

2) They have a bunch of unproven youngsters and none of them came from the #2 pick and likely the top QB in any draft.

3) The Rams have no need for Okung if Barron leaves via FA, and since they like Barron so much that they extended him so that he never hits FA?

4) They could if Okung fell, which is by no means a given IMO. They also could go with a D player like Berry, Haden, or McCoy.

5) Washington is a team that spends a ton of money in FA. They don't go and get some guy that they think is all they need like say Vick? Campbell is impressing as of late, maybe they stick with him, I could see that.

6) KC has a ton of needs and a secondary that isnt very good. Berry makes a ton of sense. LB makes sense like McClain, he seems too early, but so did Tyson Jackson, to me at least.

Point is, its too early to make an sort of firm prediction on this stuff.

I could see all of the top 3 QB's being gone by our pick, and I could also see all of them being there.

Novacane
12-08-2009, 07:34 PM
I could see all of the top 3 QB's being gone by our pick.

Lets hope so. That would be awesome. 3 future busts taken before they should have been saves us from wasting the draft pick on them and means a better player that can actually help this team falls to where he should not have.

T-Long
12-08-2009, 07:38 PM
1) Maybe, maybe not. Mangini liked Quinn so much that he wouldn't make him the starter from the beginning of the season?

2) They have a bunch of unproven youngsters and none of them came from the #2 pick and likely the top QB in any draft.

3) The Rams have no need for Okung if Barron leaves via FA, and since they like Barron so much that they extended him so that he never hits FA?

4) They could if Okung fell, which is by no means a given IMO. They also could go with a D player like Berry, Haden, or McCoy.

5) Washington is a team that spends a ton of money in FA. They don't go and get some guy that they think is all they need like say Vick? Campbell is impressing as of late, maybe they stick with him, I could see that.

6) KC has a ton of needs and a secondary that isnt very good. Berry makes a ton of sense. LB makes sense like McClain, he seems too early, but so did Tyson Jackson, to me at least.

I could see all of the top 3 QB's being gone by our pick, and I could also see all of them being there.

Dude, you of ALL people make predictions all the time! That's what this board is all about. I don't care how early it is, it's fun to make predictions for not only our team but other team's thinking.

X-Era
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Dude, you of ALL people make predictions all the time! That's what this board is all about. I don't care how early it is, it's fun to make predictions for not only our team but other team's thinking.

Where have I made a prediction about how the top 10 will be drafted?

I haven't even firmly committed to my top QB yet.

Sure its fun... and if that's your intent, sorry for questioning you. Some make it there mission to try to use a strong arm to force everyone to think the way they do. I hope that's not you.

BillsWin
12-08-2009, 07:43 PM

id be happy to have Bradford. But I would hope we would go LT in the second (via trading up or taking someone there.) Or Marcus McNeil in free agency.

T-Long
12-08-2009, 07:43 PM

I had Cleveland taking Clausen and I was slammed for it. If Mangini stays, I think Quinn is their QB based on how he is playing down the stretch right now.

Not sure what you are getting at with Tampa...all I know is that Freeman is their guy.

The Rams need a quarterback!! Spagnolo inherited Bulger, he wants his own guy. This team is in a total rebuilding mode and need to get their QB. I will be FLOORED if they don't go QB.

If Okung falls to them, they will without a doubt take him. They need to build a line around their big investment QB

Campbell is done in Washington. Vick? That's the only scenario where I see them not taking a QB.

KC could go a lot of different ways, but I think protecting Cassel's blindside is most important to them. Even so, my point is they won't go QB.

T-Long
12-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Where have I made a prediction about how the top 10 will be drafted?

I haven't even firmly committed to my top QB yet.

Sure its fun... and if that's your intent, sorry for questioning you. Some make it there mission to try to use a strong arm to force everyone to think the way they do. I hope that's not you.

Maybe "prediction" was the wrong word..you make a lot of scenarios and give us your opinion on what will or should happen. I love doing it myself, so in no way am I knocking it. But people who constantly say "it's too early to give an opinion" is boring. This is a message board. If we weren't all speculating, what in the hell would we be doing on here? Talking about the damn blockbuster game with the Chiefs? Please. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't care if people agree with me or not, just giving my opinion and giving us things to discuss as our team totally blows right now. We have to have something to talk about.

Demon
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I had Cleveland taking Clausen and I was slammed for it. If Mangini stays, I think Quinn is their QB based on how he is playing down the stretch right now.

Not sure what you are getting at with Tampa...all I know is that Freeman is their guy.

The Rams need a quarterback!! Spagnolo inherited Bulger, he wants his own guy. This team is in a total rebuilding mode and need to get their QB. I will be FLOORED if they don't go QB.

If Okung falls to them, they will without a doubt take him. They need to build a line around their big investment QB

Campbell is done in Washington. Vick? That's the only scenario where I see them not taking a QB.

KC could go a lot of different ways, but I think protecting Cassel's blindside is most important to them. Even so, my point is they won't go QB.

From what i have read and heard from a Browns fan, Mangini is not a big fan of Quinn. However, what makes people think Mangini will return to coach the Browns next season? Their owner Randy Lerner is a moron and has no idea what he's doing. PFT reported today that Lerner has met with Charlie Weis, but not to become HC but OC..... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/weis-to-cleveland-without-mangini-could-be-a-possibility/

Just Lerner meeting with Weis, who's always loved Quinn and obviously had coached him at Notre Dame, i think it makes it pretty obvious that Mangini is not high on Quinn.

X-Era
12-08-2009, 08:04 PM

I'm wasn't saying your thoughts are crazy, only that its not a given.

I merely am saying that its very unsettled at this point.

jpdex12
12-08-2009, 08:55 PM

B. Mallett sucks

We need Suh or Okung.
OMG, did I post this? I couldn't have worded this any differently and wouldn't have.
Draft one of the top LT's or DT's. I'd love to see us grab Campbell and put him behind a solid line. I have zero faith with none of these project, shot in the dark, QB's coming out. McCoy reminds me of Stafford, Bradford with his injuries, Tebow is a winner but a runner first and Clausen just seems like a flash in the pan.

Strengthen our lines, both sides, and grab a QB rounds three and beyond to groom and go with Campbell. He's a RFA but worth the calatteral.

Kenny
12-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Strengthen our lines, both sides, and grab a QB rounds three and beyond to groom and go with Campbell. He's a RFA but worth the calatteral.

Love it the idea in theory, -but what if we're picking 6th or 7th, and Suh, Okung, and McCoy are all gone?

I cant see us going after Berry, so realistically Im thinking our only option is: Locker (likely gone), Bradford, Clausen, or Bryant (dont see/want us going WR)...

Do we go after Trent Williams with a top10 pick? And it's easy to say trade down, -but it's easier said than done.

clumping platelets
12-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Bradford :puke:

Bravo82
12-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Draft TEBOW :mad:

God Bless.

kernowboy
12-09-2009, 06:00 AM
If the draft falls like this it could be perfect:

1. Tampa Bay - Ndamkuong Suh DT
2. Cleveland - happy that Quinn has stepped up they go Dez Bryant WR
3. St Louis Rams - Clearly a QB so Jake Locker or Jimmy Clausen QB
4. Detroit - like Backus so decide to go Gerald McCoy DT
5. KC - Russell Okung LT
TRADE - Buffalo trade R1, R2 and R3 to San Francisco for R1, R1 and R6

San Francisco - Eric Berry S

7. Washington - QB whoever St Louis didn't take
8. Oakland - QB Ryan Mallett due to his bigger arm compared to Bradford
9. BUFFALO - Bruce Campbell LT
10. Denver (from Chicago) Rolando McClain ILB having resigned Orton

TRADE - Buffalo flip R1 picks with Seattle for Marshawn Lynch and a R3

BUFFALO - Sam Bradford QB

12. NYJ - Joe Haden CB
13. Seattle - Donovan Warren CB

San Francisco decide to trade up because they can grab the best player in the draft, and their second major need of RT can easily be found in someone like Trent Williams in R2. Eric Berry is head and shoulders above any other DB

Seattle swap picks because their principle needs before replacing Hasselback are CB, OT, and RB - if they can get Lynch for a R3 and swap of picks they can still grab a starting CB, an OT with their 2nd R1 and use a R2 for their QB of the future to develop. They don't need a starting QB immediately whilst we do.

The R3 pick replaces the one we gave up and can be used on the best DL (Arthur Jones?) or LB left.

Fantasy but still fun.