PDA

View Full Version : Screw the Chiefs

OpIv37
12-09-2009, 07:37 AM
I really don't care if they beatvus at this point. Start prepping for the Patriots NOW. If we can break the curse and beat them, we will screw up their playoff positioning and maybe eve help knock them out of the playoffs period. It's the good that can come from this season (well, besides firing Jauron)

LtFinFan66
12-09-2009, 07:42 AM
:bf1:

Kenny
12-09-2009, 07:43 AM
I really don't care if they beatvus at this point. Start prepping for the Patriots NOW. If we can break the curse and beat them, we will screw up their playoff positioning and maybe eve help knock them out of the playoffs period. It's the good that can come from this season (well, besides firing Jauron)

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

As much as I dislike the Pats, -I hate the fins. No way I want to see them in the post season. Lesser of two evils my friend.

OpIv37
12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

As much as I dislike the Pats, -I hate the fins. No way I want to see them in the post season. Lesser of two evils my friend.

If this were 1997, I'd agree with you.

But over the last decade, we've been mediocre to bad, as have the Dolphins, and the series between the two teams is pretty even (I believe we have a slight advantage, but not by much).

Meanwhile, the Patriots have made our lives miserable. They win, they cheat, they're dirty, and they're arrogant as hell about it. Bellicheck and Brady are the personification of evil. It finally appears as if the Evil Empire is on the verge of collapse, and if the Dolphins have to make the playoffs for that to happen, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Italian Stallion
12-09-2009, 08:12 AM
If this were 1997, I'd agree with you.

But over the last decade, we've been mediocre to bad, as have the Dolphins, and the series between the two times is pretty even (I believe we have a slight advantage, but not by much).

Meanwhile, the Patriots have made our lives miserable. They win, they cheat, they're dirty, and they're arrogant as hell about it. Bellicheck and Brady are the personification of evil. It finally appears as if the Evil Empire is on the verge of collapse, and if the Dolphins have to make the playoffs for that to happen, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Well said. A+ to this sentiment.

Pinkerton Security
12-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Man, i'd almost consider this season a success if we had swept the Pats..

ServoBillieves
12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
We beat the Patsies = I don't burn all my Bills stuff at the end of this season to start new.

DMBcrew36
12-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Beat the Pats and get the huge gorilla off the players, coaches, and fans collective backs? I agree. Beating them could do a lot for the teams psyche.

trapezeus
12-09-2009, 09:06 AM
on a side note, i read an article about the chiefs desire to bring in Charlie Weis. and the article was going through its last 4 games and it said, "they have Buffalo and Detroit which are winnable games."

How pathetic is that? We are so bad that the chiefs are getting the "they should win this game"

And as for OP's statement on why the Pats have become worse than the dolphins, i whole heartedly agree. in fact if OP ran for president on no other cause other than I hate the dolphins, i'd vote for him.

DMBcrew36
12-09-2009, 09:21 AM
on a side note, i read an article about the chiefs desire to bring in Charlie Weis. and the article was going through its last 4 games and it said, "they have Buffalo and Detroit which are winnable games."

How pathetic is that? We are so bad that the chiefs are getting the "they should win this game"

And as for OP's statement on why the Pats have become worse than the dolphins, i whole heartedly agree. in fact if OP ran for president on no other cause other than I hate the dolphins, i'd vote for him.

The Bills ARE a winnable game, for any team in the NFL.

OpIv37
12-09-2009, 09:34 AM
The Bills ARE a winnable game, for any team in the NFL.

We're the 1 in Cleveland's 1-10. Enough said.

G Wolly
12-09-2009, 09:44 AM
We're the 1 in Cleveland's 1-10. Enough said.

But at least we didn't get murdered by Cleveland in that game, it was a horrible game by both of us.

And we're also responsible for almost half of Sanchize's picks this season, you got some positives and negatives on the season.

The Pats are 1 and 5 on the road this season, and if we can play them the same as we did on Monday night 3 months ago, we WILL beat them.

DMBcrew36
12-09-2009, 10:25 AM
But at least we didn't get murdered by Cleveland in that game, it was a horrible game by both of us.

And we're also responsible for almost half of Sanchize's picks this season, you got some positives and negatives on the season.

The Pats are 1 and 5 on the road this season, and if we can play them the same as we did on Monday night 3 months ago, we WILL beat them.

If I had actually paid for my ticket to be at that game, I would be asking for my money back. What a joke that game was to witness first hand. It was the only game I was going to this year and also happened to be the biggest turd of all time - wonderful.

The Bills make me want to shout? More like, the Bills make me want to get in my car and leave.... IN THE 2ND QUARTER OF A GAME WE'RE NOT EVEN LOSING! How pathetic.

mybills
12-09-2009, 10:51 AM
They suck on the road. They'll be in OUR house this time!

trapezeus
12-09-2009, 11:12 AM
the bills almost beat the pats with a better and healthier line, an OC that hadn't been seen, brady who was still tentatively throwing.

Now our line is complete crap, the QB position is truly awful and sporadic at best, and brady while losing is still putting up 20+ points a game.

the bills have put up more than 20 points only 4 times this season. in those games, the bills won the turnover battle.

The pats are crumbling, but they still score points, the bills have won games by just not being as awful as other teams.

And as to my point about the chiefs calling us a winnable game, i thought we were a mediocre team? i thought we were just a perennial 7-9 team that at least beats the bad teams. but i guess even those heedy days of 2008 are firmly behind us.

HAMMER
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
The Dolphins will always be our biggest rival, no argument needed.

OpIv37
12-09-2009, 03:10 PM
The Dolphins will always be our biggest rival, no argument needed.

So are you saying you'd rather lose to the Patriots to screw the Dolphins' playoff chances?

Look, I am by no means rooting for the Dolphins. I'm saying that I want to beat the Patriots and put them in a tough spot for playoff positioning no matter what.

If the Dolphins are indirect beneficiaries of that, well, rivalry or not, it's a consequence I'm willing to accept.

Ingtar33
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
And as to my point about the chiefs calling us a winnable game, i thought we were a mediocre team? i thought we were just a perennial 7-9 team that at least beats the bad teams. but i guess even those heedy days of 2008 are firmly behind us.

those days were firmly behind us before we even got to the april draft.

madness
12-09-2009, 03:33 PM
NO WAY! Screw those pansy ass Dolphins. I'd much rather see Joey Porter's loud ignorant ass sitting home.

My wife may not like football but I fell in love with her all over again during the Bills-Dolphins game when she said "How could anyone root for a team with such gay looking uniforms?"

http://phinphanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/flashdance-taylor.jpg

HAMMER
12-09-2009, 04:54 PM
So are you saying you'd rather lose to the Patriots to screw the Dolphins' playoff chances?

Look, I am by no means rooting for the Dolphins. I'm saying that I want to beat the Patriots and put them in a tough spot for playoff positioning no matter what.

If the Dolphins are indirect beneficiaries of that, well, rivalry or not, it's a consequence I'm willing to accept.

I didn't say any such thing, you know how I feel, you play to win no matter what. People need to STOP reading into everything that is said. Overly analytical *****es!

OpIv37
12-09-2009, 05:23 PM
I didn't say any such thing, you know how I feel, you play to win no matter what. People need to STOP reading into everything that is said. Overly analytical *****es!
Chill... I didn't mean anything by it- I just wanted clarification. Historically the Fish are definitely our biggest rival, but it loses some of the ferocity when neither team has been relevant for a decade.