PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Vote for the Buffalo Bill of the decade

patmoran2006
12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm running a poll asking fans to vote for the "Buffalo Bill of the decade".

It will coincide with a feature I'm working for tomorrow, the All-Decade Bills team, and other decade invidual honors.

Please take a quick second to cast your vote
VOTE HERE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/)

And then discuss here. I'm going to add some fan comments to the all-decade story.

Thanks guys (and girls)!

ddaryl
12-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I had to vote for Moorman. Schobel has had some good games, but for the most part he has always been average at his best

Moorman has been above average consistently

and it just goes to show how incredibly inept this franchise has been when there is little argument over the punter for player of the decade

SabreEleven
12-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Isn't this like voting for the tallest dwarf?

patmoran2006
12-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Please dont tell me a punter is going to run away with this! lol

Moulds had some great seasons, including two years with at least 94 receptions.

Brown was a four time Pro Bowler in the 2000's.

Schobel I believe has 75 sacks this decade.

Fletcher was a tackling machine, who wouldn't want him here now?

But yeah, I can see Moorman running away with this.

OpIv37
12-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow, not a lot of competition here.

I think it HAS to go to Moorman. He's been the only player that's consistently good. Most of Moulds' success was not in this decade, Fletcher wasn't here very long, Schobel is inconsistent and it seems like Brown was just thrown in because the field is so small.

RockStar36
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Those are the only choices?

Yikes

patmoran2006
12-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow, not a lot of competition here.

I think it HAS to go to Moorman. He's been the only player that's consistently good. Most of Moulds' success was not in this decade, Fletcher wasn't here very long, Schobel is inconsistent and it seems like Brown was just thrown in because the field is so small.

Moulds had 94 receptions in 2000 and a team record 100 in 2002.

Brown has been to more Pro Bowls (4) than any Bill this decade.

But you are right, that is a horrible field.

Mahdi
12-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm running a poll asking fans to vote for the "Buffalo Bill of the decade".

It will coincide with a feature I'm working for tomorrow, the All-Decade Bills team, and other decade invidual honors.

Please take a quick second to cast your vote
VOTE HERE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/)

And then discuss here. I'm going to add some fan comments to the all-decade story.

Thanks guys (and girls)!

Jason Peters! :couch:

djjimkelly
12-09-2009, 10:43 AM
the best bill we had in this decade has to be takeo spikes

sadly he got hurt and the new regime wanted nothing to do with him anyway

Bufftp
12-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Bill of the decade? roflmao

mybills
12-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Mooreman & Lindell

OpIv37
12-09-2009, 10:57 AM
the best bill we had in this decade has to be takeo spikes

sadly he got hurt and the new regime wanted nothing to do with him anyway

I have a hard time calling him Bill of the Decade because he only played two full seasons and pieces of 2 more due to the injuries.

But he was the ONLY dominant player that the Bills had for the entire decade. Before the injury, the man was a human wrecking ball.

Yasgur's Farm
12-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Punter... Sad but true.

Bruce is Loose
12-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Most depressing poll ever

EDS
12-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I have a hard time calling him Bill of the Decade because he only played two full seasons and pieces of 2 more due to the injuries.

But he was the ONLY dominant player that the Bills had for the entire decade. Before the injury, the man was a human wrecking ball.

Agreed. The injury to Spikes, and before him Cowart, set the Bills defense back years in each case. Still haven't recovered.

I really think Cowart was on the verge of becoming a truly special player. The injury obviously ended that.

dannyek71
12-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Tim Anderson

Mr. Pink
12-09-2009, 12:23 PM
No one should vote for anyone besides Brian Moorman.

TheBrownBear
12-09-2009, 12:24 PM
It has to be Moorman. Moulds was a great player that was hampered by injuries and poor qb play, and he wasn't a Bill for the second half of the decade.

Better question (with many more "qualified" contenders): Who was the worst Buffalo Bills player of the decade (to start a minimum of 10 games)?

Mr. Pink
12-09-2009, 12:26 PM
It has to be Moorman. Moulds was a great player that was hampered by injuries and poor qb play, and he wasn't a Bill for the second half of the decade.

Better question (with many more "qualified" contenders): Who was the worst Buffalo Bills player of the decade (to start a minimum of 10 games)?

I like it!

Pat Moran, do it up!

It'll be a close race between Losman, Tim Anderson, Eddie Robinson.

:rofl:

Jan Reimers
12-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Pretty pathetic, but it's got to be Moorman.

Ingtar33
12-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Definitely Moorman. If you look at the Bills MVP for like the last 5 years it has to be Moorman. There really hasn't been anyone since Bledsoe's last season who would deserve it more in each and every one of those years.

The only reason why Moorman hasn't been to like 5 or 6 straight pro bowls is because he has the misfortune of playing in the same conference with Shane Lechler, who is possibly the best punter in the history of the league (and Moorman is only a little tiny bit off Lechler's numbers, which makes Moorman possibly in the argument for the 2nd best punter in the history of the league).

Before Moorman and Lechler no punter ever finished a season with a 40 yard net average. Moorman and Lechler have been putting up 40 yard net average punting seasons consistently for the last 3 or 5 years now.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2009, 01:43 PM
To be fair, did they even keep track of net back when Horace Gillom or even Ray Guy punted?

Gillom allegedly was being timed for 5+ second hang time consistently.

patmoran2006
12-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Moorman is winning handily through the first 100+ votes.

I think that's insane.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Moulds

Mr. Pink
12-09-2009, 02:12 PM

I think that's insane.

I think it's insane that anyone would vote for someone besides him.

mysticsoto
12-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I like it!

Pat Moran, do it up!

It'll be a close race between Losman, Tim Anderson, Eddie Robinson.

:rofl:

Nope. Mike Williams.

ParanoidAndroid
12-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Sam Adams simply for making the best play of the best game of this entire decade.

mysticsoto
12-09-2009, 02:28 PM

I think that's insane.

Why is that insane? The man deserves his props. He's been consistently good year after year. Moulds is probably #2. Followed closely by Schobel. Mould had some great years when Peerless Price was here. But then he slowed down drastically in his later years and wasn't much of a factor.

Philagape
12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Unquestionably Moorman. No one comes close to his level of excellence, consistency and longevity. :hail:

Buddo
12-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Moorman has been incredibly consistent. It also has to be between him and Schoebel realistically, for 'length of tenure'.
I like Schoebel, but he is inconsistent. Basically, there seems to be some teams(or players) he 'owns', and others he can do nothing against. To me, that knocks him down a notch from an absolute 'top drawer' player. For me, 'Top Drawer' guys manage to do it against anyone.
Moorman fills that criteria, Schoebel doen't quite.

DrGraves
12-09-2009, 06:01 PM
its so sad to be a fan of this franchise... the ****ing punter.... are you ****ing kidding me.

Syderick
12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Aaron Schobel

ParanoidAndroid
12-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Your punter can be a weapon. Ask Nebraska fans what they think of Henery. He's the best punter/placekicker combination player I have ever seen.... period. He helps them win games. Too bad Moorman can't kick field goals, too.

SabreEleven
12-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Moorman had way too many chances to prove how good of a punter he was.