PDA

View Full Version : Further Evidence Edwards is done

patmoran2006
12-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Edwards absolutely owned the Kansas City Chiefs last season. Buffalo beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead, 54-31 and Edwards was the biggest reason why. In that game, he connected on 24-of-32 passes for 273 yards and a pair of touchdowns without an interception. He distributed the ball to seven different receivers, including Lee Evans, who had five catches for 110 yards. He also scampered in for a pair of rushing touchdowns, including a 15-yarder right before the end of the first half. It was arguably his best game as a pro.

So for Edwards to not get the starting nod this week, based on Fewell’s reasoning behind selecting his quarterback, it serves as evidence that barring injury he won’t be seeing the field again this season, if ever again in Buffalo.

MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/12/further-evidence-edwards-is-done)

Nighthawk
12-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Brohm should be starting...not Fitz...we all know this guy stinks. Let's see what we have in Brohm before the season is over. However, because Perry Fool is trying to earn the job, it's actually going to hurt this team in finding out what players actually might be able to help the next regime.

T-Long
12-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I honestly don't see why Fitz keeps getting the starts. Look at his numbers: 4TD's and 8 interceptions. I don't really think it matters who the QB is, the Bills offense is still going to be putrid. The only thing Fitz has going for him is that he just bombs it out there not caring about his numbers, as Trent always wanted to finish with great numbers, thus the dump off high percentage passes.

ddaryl
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I have 0 respect for the not playing Brohm mentality

we signed him he is on the roster give him some snaps and let him get a taste that will prepare him for the next seaosn.

Not playing him at all this year IMO just sets him back for progressing next year.

If he gets a taste he has something to digest all offseason. If he sits the rest of the year he goes into next season with really nothing to work on or with preparing for 2010

BuffaloBlitz83
12-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Fitz blows. He actually has more Ints than Edwards in less games. And this fascination with, HE TAKES CHANCES. Who cares, those chances are always picked off. He only has 4 TDs all year. BOTH OF THESE QBs stink. Edwards is better but he blows too. START BROHM! We know what we have in those bums. Fitz is a 3rd string QB. Edwards is a backup. Maybe Brohm is a starter, let's see! Fewell should not have the right to choose the QB, he is trying to play it safe, to protect himself. Interim coaches deserve no rights.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Fire FEWELL sunday!

Jeff1220
12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
We don't see Brohm practice. Maybe he just really is that bad.

ddaryl
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM

Does it matter... the Bills signed him to the active roster.

I don't care if he's the worst player ever, we signed him and I want to see what he has

it would at the very least make the next game worth watching

BuffaloBlitz83
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM

We watch Fitz start. He really is that bad. He still plays. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst current starting QB in NFL, bar none!

bigbub2352
12-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Brohm needs to play before season is out, TE is done as a Bill and Fitz is terrible which we knew when we signed him
so i think nothing changes until regime changes

ParanoidAndroid
12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Maybe.... just maybe.... Brohm is not as good as Fitz in practice and teams like to win. I'm just trying to think outside the "it's-okay-to-lose-box."

ParanoidAndroid
12-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I think if Brohm is sent out there, he is being set up to fail, and fail miserably.

HHURRICANE
12-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Even with the evidence that Edwards isn't real popular on this team he's still the better QB.

If I were fighting for a HC job or showing other teams that I can coach I wouldn't be starting Fitzpatrick under any conditions.

I think this is great because it accomplishes two objectives:

1) It gets us a better shot at a higher pick.

2) It guarantess that Perry "I wasn't a good D coordinator either" Fewell is not smelling a spot on this team next year.

Joe Fo Sho
12-09-2009, 04:42 PM
We watch Fitz start. He really is that bad. He still plays. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst current starting QB in NFL, bar none!

Kellen Clemens is starting this week. Plus you could make the argument for Fitz being better than Gradkowski and maybe Quinn but probably not.

Put Brohm in there, and he instantly becomes the worst, same with Edwards.

I'd like to see Brohm, but I can't see Fewell putting him in while he's auditioning for a job.

Joe Fo Sho
12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Even with the evidence that Edwards isn't real popular on this team he's still the better QB.

I disagree.

trapezeus
12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
i think this is more a matter of team chemistry than stat driven analysis.

When losman struggled and trent came in, the team overall looked better and worked harder. now the same is true for fitz in place of Edwards. I guess you are right, the end is near for edwards...very confusing on how he went from being capable to just totally useless and comically checking down even after we clamoured it was too much.

Buddo
12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I've said this before around here, but Idon't mind repeating myself. If Fewell wants to really pad out his limited 'cv', he'd be better off with trying to 'redeem' Edwards, by giving him the start. I love Fitz's attitude, but he is a nightmare of inaccuracy.
The Bills major problems in recent years, have all pretty much stemmed from the QB/lack of decent offensive scheme/lack of decent play caller. AVP actually doesn't call that bad a game, unfortunately the general offensive system still sucks. However, get Edwards taking his shots downfield, and Fewell will have actually done something worthwhile on the offensive side of things, and he could possibly be HC material sooner rather than later. As things stand, he's falling into the trap that Mangini fell into with Anderson earlier in the year, and trying to stick by 'his' (or is it TO's?) guy, when he isn't really doing a very good job at all.

BertSquirtgum
12-09-2009, 06:27 PM
this whole team is an embarassment. who cares? i don't give a **** what happens the rest of the year.

Griff
12-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Brohm should be starting...not Fitz...we all know this guy stinks. Let's see what we have in Brohm before the season is over. However, because Perry Fool is trying to earn the job, it's actually going to hurt this team in finding out what players actually might be able to help the next regime.

STOP STARTING ROOKIE QBS!!!!!

Don't Panic
12-09-2009, 06:37 PM
If Fitz were to get hurt this week, who do you think they would put in? I'd like to think Brohm but it will probably be Trent.

Demon
12-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Does it matter... the Bills signed him to the active roster.

I don't care if he's the worst player ever, we signed him and I want to see what he has

it would at the very least make the next game worth watching

They signed him to a 2-year deal. And not for a few days to get him in practice and to start. Brohm will have plenty of time to show what he has to offer.

justasportsfan
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
What happened last year has nothing to do with KC this year. Herm is not their coach anymore

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I've said this before around here, but Idon't mind repeating myself. If Fewell wants to really pad out his limited 'cv', he'd be better off with trying to 'redeem' Edwards, by giving him the start. I love Fitz's attitude, but he is a nightmare of inaccuracy.
The Bills major problems in recent years, have all pretty much stemmed from the QB/lack of decent offensive scheme/lack of decent play caller. AVP actually doesn't call that bad a game, unfortunately the general offensive system still sucks. However, get Edwards taking his shots downfield, and Fewell will have actually done something worthwhile on the offensive side of things, and he could possibly be HC material sooner rather than later. As things stand, he's falling into the trap that Mangini fell into with Anderson earlier in the year, and trying to stick by 'his' (or is it TO's?) guy, when he isn't really doing a very good job at all.

Great post. I'll bet you the decision to start Fitz is popular with the team but not too smart if your goal is to win games.

Fewell has proven to me that he's just as big a scardey cat as Jauron.

Poeple that blindly listen to their bosses and never challenge them almost always get fired eventually. Bill Polian challenged Ralph , got his way, and look what a great career he has.

Fewell isn't a good cordinator and he's worse as head coach.

Bill Cody
12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what Brohm has. This idea that he would fail is probably true but the offense is failing now, in case anyone isn't noticing.

So what's the problem? Does he not know the playbook? I bet he does. Is he not used to the speed of an NFL game? No, he isn't but he's not going to get used to that pulling splinters out of his ass on the bench. So I'd give him a few games- even if he sucks you'll either see glimmers or you won't, it's not like he's replacing Manning.

If the staff thinks we have a better chance to win with Fitz than TE it says volumes about what they think of TE. "Yes, Fitz is dog**** but we think you're horse**** and that's worse".