PDA

View Full Version : Another what if pick at #7

T-Long
12-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok, let's try another one. Here is a top 6 mock...make your Bills selection at 7. And once again, I don't care what you think about the top 6 picks, it's just to make you think on what you would do if you were in charge of making the pick. I don't think this is how it will shape up, but it's fun, so make your pick.

1. Cleveland: WR Dez Bryant
2. TB: DT Ndamukong Suh
3. St. Louis: QB Jimmy Clausen
4. Det: S Eric Berry
5. Wash: OT Russell Okung
6. KC: LB Rolando McClain

Who do you choose?

I'm taking QB Sam Bradford or DT Gerald McCoy

Yasgur's Farm
12-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Trent Williams

T-Long
12-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Trent Williams
so I take it you are going with need over value...right?

Yasgur's Farm
12-09-2009, 02:11 PM
No... I'd go DT or LB if that were the case. At this point I feel Williams is BPA... Just so happens OT is a need too.

Mahdi
12-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Ok, let's try another one. Here is a top 6 mock...make your Bills selection at 7. And once again, I don't care what you think about the top 6 picks, it's just to make you think on what you would do if you were in charge of making the pick. I don't think this is how it will shape up, but it's fun, so make your pick.

Who do you choose?

Assuming Bradford is healthy and his arm strength checks out. I go Bradford.

This guy was going to be the #1 overall pick last year and I dont think he is any less talented this year.

yordad
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Bradford

Night Train
12-09-2009, 02:58 PM

McCoy is the only choice.

Bradford.. :puke:

kernowboy
12-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Trent Williams is likely to be a second rounder.

Yasgur's Farm
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I have him as the 2nd OT. But wh knows who else will declare.

FlyingDutchman
12-09-2009, 03:41 PM
its hard to think about who at this point in the year, all i know is, IMO there is no QB worth taking in this spot. we need to go O and D line BADLY. i would take best available at that point

FlyingDutchman
12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
P.S i know this is all for *****s n giggles but i think Suh goes number 1. Id think about taking Cody in our spot. we need to be able to stop the damn run

Ed
12-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I'd really like to see us address the OL and DL, but with Suh and Okung off the board, I might have to consider Bradford.

scartown
12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Locker and sit him for a year Carson Palmer style.

ParanoidAndroid
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
OT is stacking up nicely in this draft with some underclassmen expected to declare early. It's a super deep position. I'd grab McCoy and look at OT's in round 2.

Nighthawk
12-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I'd go Bradford...but again, it's if he is healthy. You can't just throw away the fact that this guy was the QB every team was drooling about last year when there was a chance he'd be coming out.

BertSquirtgum
12-09-2009, 10:47 PM
i think the nfl should feel bad for us and give us two top 10 picks.

clumping platelets
12-09-2009, 11:17 PM
My first inclination would be to move down a few spots and grab one of the OT's like Davis or Bulaga but if forced to draft here it's McCoy without any doubts. There will be a QB available like Pike or Hiller later

BillsWin
12-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Sam Bradford all the way. At seven, with a chance to pick a guy who would have went first over all in last season's draft and depending on how he performs at the combine, I believe it would be a no brainer. If Okung or Suh had dropped, I would pick them. But I think 7 is a great place to draft Bradford.

We can then go LT at 39, or even trade back up into the first to take a better LT.

BillsWin
12-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Buffalo Sports Daily had a great article a month or so back on how we have handled the QB position since Kelly retired. We have yet to draft a top tier QB in the first. We have traded our first for a washed up vet, and a career backup. We have tried journey men, mid round guys and trading up and reaching for a player.

If it is broke. FIX IT.

Sam Bradford.

YoungEz
12-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Ryan Mallet easiest choice by far

ParanoidAndroid
12-10-2009, 06:06 AM

I've been watching him.... he guns it like nobody else, but he's a bit inaccurate with it.

DraftBoy
12-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Im torn between Bulaga/Campbell, and McCoy.

If we stay 4-3 I think McCoy is you're no brainer pick here.

If we go 3-4, then I dont see a guy Id want to play the 3-4 DL at this point that I can't grab later who is of equal talent level. So Id go with Campbell or Bulaga. I have both sitting at equal right now.

Ed
12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Im torn between Bulaga/Campbell, and McCoy.

If we stay 4-3 I think McCoy is you're no brainer pick here.

If we go 3-4, then I dont see a guy Id want to play the 3-4 DL at this point that I can't grab later who is of equal talent level. So Id go with Campbell or Bulaga. I have both sitting at equal right now.
Who are Campbell and Bulaga?

DraftBoy
12-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Who are Campbell and Bulaga?

OT Bruce Campbell-Maryland
OT Bryan Bulaga-Iowa

They are arguably #2 or #3 OT in the class (assuming they come out as both are juniors).

k-oneputt
12-10-2009, 10:41 AM
They are not taking Bulaga or Campbell with the 7th pick.

justasportsfan
12-10-2009, 10:45 AM

looks impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdagmnnKUx0

DraftBoy
12-10-2009, 11:00 AM
They are not taking Bulaga or Campbell with the 7th pick.

Says you. However I don't agree.

Bill Cody
12-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Jake Locker. IMO he has the most potential of any QB in the draft. Not buying the McCoy or Bradford hype. Locker has size, speed and arm strength. Circle the wagons around him.

k-oneputt
12-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Says you. However I don't agree.

If they are going left tackle, they need someone who can step in and play. Bulaga will be a NFL right tackle and Campbell will need time. Unless Okung is there I don't see an ot.

Ed
12-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Jake Locker. IMO he has the most potential of any QB in the draft. Not buying the McCoy or Bradford hype. Locker has size, speed and arm strength. Circle the wagons around him.
Many teams, including us a couple times, have been burned on size, speed and arm strength before. What makes you think this kid actually has what it takes to play well and succeed at the NFL level? Besides his measurables, I haven't heard anything impressive about him.

k-oneputt
12-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Ed, check out the Cal game. Also, this is the first time he has had good college coaching. Big upside.

T-Long
12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Buffalo Sports Daily had a great article a month or so back on how we have handled the QB position since Kelly retired. We have yet to draft a top tier QB in the first. We have traded our first for a washed up vet, and a career backup. We have tried journey men, mid round guys and trading up and reaching for a player.

If it is broke. FIX IT.

Sam Bradford.

We did draft Losman in the first...so we have at least tried to land a franchise QB in the first round. Obviously, we all know how that worked out.

kernowboy
12-10-2009, 03:18 PM
If they are going left tackle, they need someone who can step in and play. Bulaga will be a NFL right tackle and Campbell will need time. Unless Okung is there I don't see an ot.

Bulaga is considered a LT and Campbell is as ready as any LT in the draft. Don't forget Okung only recently switched to the left from the right.

A number of pundits think it is Trent Williams who will have to play on the right, not Bulaga

PECKERWOOD
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Bulaga is considered a LT and Campbell is as ready as any LT in the draft. Don't forget Okung only recently switched to the left from the right.

A number of pundits think it is Trent Williams who will have to play on the right, not Bulaga

Will you control your boner for Campbell?? I like the guy too, but come on, this is obsessive.

BillsWin
12-10-2009, 03:32 PM
We did draft Losman in the first...so we have at least tried to land a franchise QB in the first round. Obviously, we all know how that worked out.

He was the trade up and reach player I mentioned.

We still haven't tried a top tier prospect. Meaning one of the top 3 QBs in the draft who would normally fall between picks 1 and 15.

T-Long
12-10-2009, 03:44 PM
He was the trade up and reach player I mentioned.

We still haven't tried a top tier prospect. Meaning one of the top 3 QBs in the draft who would normally fall between picks 1 and 15.

Looking back at drafts since Kelly retired, I don't see an opportunity in drafting one of these elite QBs. Most of our picks were mid-late first rounds. The only one I see is the 2006 draft when we took Donte over the possibility of Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart. But we would have killed them for taking either one of them because of Losman being drafted in the first round two years prior.

We also could have taken Brady Quinn, Joe Flacco, or Josh Freeman recently.

baalworship
12-10-2009, 04:20 PM

Bradford's strength is accuracy and if there is anything I have learned in watching QB's fail and succeed is that Accuracy trumps > Raw Physical Talent as long as the player is within range of the prototype. Bradford is 6'4'' and 220 lbs so he's very close to the NFL starting prototype. Combine that with accuracy and if we get a real NFL offensive mind I bet he would feel the same way.

The last Bills QB drafted in the first round had more physical talent than Eli Manning or Phil Rivers but the knock on him was accuracy. I don't want to try that again.

BillsWin
12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Looking back at drafts since Kelly retired, I don't see an opportunity in drafting one of these elite QBs. Most of our picks were mid-late first rounds. The only one I see is the 2006 draft when we took Donte over the possibility of Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart. But we would have killed them for taking either one of them because of Losman being drafted in the first round two years prior.

We also could have taken Brady Quinn, Joe Flacco, or Josh Freeman recently.

I kind of wanted them to take Flacco. I wasn't sold on Edwards.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2009, 08:37 PM

Who do you choose?

Gerald McCoy