X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Bill Polian on Tebow

Maybe this will change some peoples thoughts on Tim Tebow. Bill Polian doesn't seem very high on him.

Tim Tebow is ready to play any position he's called on to play in the NFL. And Colts president Bill Polian said this week the Florida QB may have to do just that.

"If you were going to run the Wildcat offense enough to say that you needed a specialized Wildcat quarterback to do it, who could both run the ball and withstand the pounding that you have to take in the National Football League and throw it effectively, I think Tim Tebow would be a heck of a guy. If you're going to take your offense and say, 'We're going to do what the Miami Dolphins do; we're going to run this 45, maybe 50%, maybe 60% of the time,' then he's the perfect guy for you. I don't know where you'd take him in the draft, but he fits perfectly there. I've heard other people say he could be a great goal-line and short-yardage running back. I believe that to be the case. I've heard people say they think he can be a very good tight end. I believe that would be the case. I don't know how he catches the ball, but I presume and think he's a good enough athlete that that would not be a problem."
    Impossible is Nothing.

• TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bill Polian on Tebow

No surprise. A lot of people have said similar things about Tebow. I think there are at least a few teams that are probably high enough on Tebow as a QB that he'll get taken high, probably in the first round, but you take a huge chance when a guy doesn't fit the mold at a given position, especially QB.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Thats pretty much exactly what Ive been saying about Tebow since the beginning. He is a great athlete, could possibly do well in the wildcat or as a tight end, full back, running back type player, but he is not a pro quarterback and will not go in the first round.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

I honestly don't really care about Tebow...he's not an NFL QB. Great college player, but I don't think he'll be a QB in the NFL.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

he will be the focus of the draft...and how far he slides...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            I honestly don't really care about Tebow...he's not an NFL QB. Great college player, but I don't think he'll be a QB in the NFL.
            I didn't think he was that great of a college QB honestly.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              I didn't think he was that great of a college QB honestly.
              I hear ya...notice that I said, "great college player", not college QB. He just doesn't throw the ball well. Tough as nails, but not a QB.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

he will be the focus of the draft...and how far he slides...
                Watch some team pick him higher just for the media attention...it happens every year.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

I hear ya...notice that I said, "great college player", not college QB. He just doesn't throw the ball well. Tough as nails, but not a QB.
                  it is the old story...put him on (fill in your favorite 3-9 college team) and he is incredibly average...if that.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Watch some team pick him higher just for the media attention...it happens every year.
                    Oakland will pick Clausen and that will be the end of Tebow's chances in the first round.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

it is the old story...put him on (fill in your favorite 3-9 college team) and he is incredibly average...if that.
                      C'mon Eb.

The guy is a tremendous college player. Just fantastic. One of the best ever.

He is not close to a NFL QB, but his college credentials are superb.

I know you don't like him, but give him his respect.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius
                        C'mon Eb.

The guy is a tremendous college player. Just fantastic. One of the best ever.

He is not close to a NFL QB, but his college credentials are superb.

I know you don't like him, but give him his respect.
                        he is on a very well stacked Florida team...how much of "him" is because of the "team"?

He can run, I will give him that but Zach Maynard of UB threw for more yards...Todd Reesing of Kansas threw for more yards. Tebow didn't throw a lot of interceptions otherwise his ratings would be no better than those two.

Comment

• Block "O"
                          lowering the bar with every post
                          • Sep 2008

Tim Teb-HO is the QB of the future for the Buffalo Bee-aaaaals.

God Bless.

Comment

• Block "O"
                            lowering the bar with every post
                            • Sep 2008

he is on a very well stacked Florida team...how much of "him" is because of the "team"?

He can run, I will give him that but Zach Maynard of UB threw for more yards...Todd Reesing of Kansas threw for more yards. Tebow didn't throw a lot of interceptions otherwise his ratings would be no better than those two.
                            his record of rushing TDS (surpassing herschel walker) most likely had absolutely nothing to do with that success IMHO

God Bless.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

its nice to know Polian thinks exactly almost word for word what i think about him.

It's nice to know my eye for talent is spot on. lol

Seriously though, there is no better evaluator of talent then Bill Polian, if he says it, it is gospel.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X