PDA

View Full Version : Bill Polian on Tebow

Demon
12-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Maybe this will change some peoples thoughts on Tim Tebow. Bill Polian doesn't seem very high on him.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/12/bill-polian-doesnt-know-at-what-position-tim-tebow-fits-in-the-nfl/1

"If you were going to run the Wildcat offense enough to say that you needed a specialized Wildcat quarterback to do it, who could both run the ball and withstand the pounding that you have to take in the National Football League and throw it effectively, I think Tim Tebow would be a heck of a guy. If you're going to take your offense and say, 'We're going to do what the Miami Dolphins do; we're going to run this 45, maybe 50%, maybe 60% of the time,' then he's the perfect guy for you. I don't know where you'd take him in the draft, but he fits perfectly there. I've heard other people say he could be a great goal-line and short-yardage running back. I believe that to be the case. I've heard people say they think he can be a very good tight end. I believe that would be the case. I don't know how he catches the ball, but I presume and think he's a good enough athlete that that would not be a problem."

TigerJ
12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
No surprise. A lot of people have said similar things about Tebow. I think there are at least a few teams that are probably high enough on Tebow as a QB that he'll get taken high, probably in the first round, but you take a huge chance when a guy doesn't fit the mold at a given position, especially QB.

BillsWin
12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Thats pretty much exactly what Ive been saying about Tebow since the beginning. He is a great athlete, could possibly do well in the wildcat or as a tight end, full back, running back type player, but he is not a pro quarterback and will not go in the first round.

Nighthawk
12-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I honestly don't really care about Tebow...he's not an NFL QB. Great college player, but I don't think he'll be a QB in the NFL.

Ebenezer
12-09-2009, 07:45 PM
he will be the focus of the draft...and how far he slides...

Ebenezer
12-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I honestly don't really care about Tebow...he's not an NFL QB. Great college player, but I don't think he'll be a QB in the NFL.
I didn't think he was that great of a college QB honestly.

Nighthawk
12-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I didn't think he was that great of a college QB honestly.

I hear ya...notice that I said, "great college player", not college QB. He just doesn't throw the ball well. Tough as nails, but not a QB.

Nighthawk
12-09-2009, 07:48 PM
he will be the focus of the draft...and how far he slides...

Watch some team pick him higher just for the media attention...it happens every year.

Ebenezer
12-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I hear ya...notice that I said, "great college player", not college QB. He just doesn't throw the ball well. Tough as nails, but not a QB.
it is the old story...put him on (fill in your favorite 3-9 college team) and he is incredibly average...if that.

Ebenezer
12-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Watch some team pick him higher just for the media attention...it happens every year.
Oakland will pick Clausen and that will be the end of Tebow's chances in the first round.

Dr. Lecter
12-09-2009, 07:51 PM
it is the old story...put him on (fill in your favorite 3-9 college team) and he is incredibly average...if that.

C'mon Eb.

The guy is a tremendous college player. Just fantastic. One of the best ever.

He is not close to a NFL QB, but his college credentials are superb.

I know you don't like him, but give him his respect.

Ebenezer
12-09-2009, 08:04 PM
C'mon Eb.

The guy is a tremendous college player. Just fantastic. One of the best ever.

He is not close to a NFL QB, but his college credentials are superb.

I know you don't like him, but give him his respect.
he is on a very well stacked Florida team...how much of "him" is because of the "team"?

He can run, I will give him that but Zach Maynard of UB threw for more yards...Todd Reesing of Kansas threw for more yards. Tebow didn't throw a lot of interceptions otherwise his ratings would be no better than those two.

Block "O"
12-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Tim Teb-HO is the QB of the future for the Buffalo Bee-aaaaals.

God Bless.

Block "O"
12-09-2009, 08:13 PM
he is on a very well stacked Florida team...how much of "him" is because of the "team"?

He can run, I will give him that but Zach Maynard of UB threw for more yards...Todd Reesing of Kansas threw for more yards. Tebow didn't throw a lot of interceptions otherwise his ratings would be no better than those two.

his record of rushing TDS (surpassing herschel walker) most likely had absolutely nothing to do with that success IMHO

God Bless.

Ingtar33
12-09-2009, 08:14 PM
its nice to know Polian thinks exactly almost word for word what i think about him.

It's nice to know my eye for talent is spot on. lol

Seriously though, there is no better evaluator of talent then Bill Polian, if he says it, it is gospel.

Nighthawk
12-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Oakland will pick Clausen and that will be the end of Tebow's chances in the first round.

Oh, don't overlook Jacksonville and their desire to sell tickets!

Dr. Lecter
12-09-2009, 08:31 PM

Is this one of those "If you take away their interceptions, they are better" points?

Tebow also made the payers around him better - it was not just one way.

tampabay25690
12-09-2009, 09:38 PM
AH AH AH
leave Tim alone....

Demon
12-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Is this one of those "If you take away their interceptions, they are better" points?

Tebow also made the payers around him better - it was not just one way.

I don't know how much of this i can agree with. In the option, last year he had Percy Harvin.... and this year he's got Demps who could be running sprints in the Olympics.

TacklingDummy
12-09-2009, 09:56 PM
With the 7th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select from Florida, Tim Tebow.

YardRat
12-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I am by no means a Tim Tebow fan by any stretch but maybe Polian is either A)Over-praising TT's running abilities because he likes him and wants to deflect attention from his actual QB skills or B)Pushing Miami because he thinks at this point that both the Dolphins and Colts may be targeting a similar position (not QB) in the first round.

kernowboy
12-10-2009, 01:17 AM
With the 7th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select from Florida, Tim Tebow.

Would the last fan leaving Buffalo please turn off the lights, except Block 'O' who is suffering from a serious case of man love

ddaryl
12-10-2009, 07:41 AM
What Polian said is exactly what the majority of the do not draft Tebow crowd has been saying

The wildcat has its placed, but I don't want the Bills running it as thier main offense.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 09:17 AM
I wonder how much attention Tebow would get if he put satanic messages on his eye black?

Jeff1220
12-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I wonder how much attention Tebow would get if he put satanic messages on his eye black?

Sadly, probably a lot more.

psubills62
12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Sadly, probably a lot more.

But even more sadly, fewer people would probably hate him.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I think you are both incorrect.

Bill Cody
12-10-2009, 12:16 PM
With the 7th pick in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select from Florida, Tim Tebow.

fixed

ddaryl
12-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh, don't overlook Jacksonville and their desire to sell tickets!

this would be Jacksonvilles last desperate shot at filling seats and selling out games regulalry

at least for a few seasons. Once they realize that tebow isn't the cat's ass in regards to NFL QB'ing it will be business as usualy in Jacksonville

imbondz
12-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Heisman trophy winner and 2 national championships and some of you are saying he's not that great. please. You probably never watched him play.

Block "O"
12-11-2009, 03:54 AM
People who don't like Teb-ho can go to hell...and probably will. :hump:

Bravo82
12-11-2009, 04:46 AM
:monkeyp: yormom :hump:

Ebenezer
12-11-2009, 06:31 AM

I don't like him as a football player. I don't have any opinion about him as a person...and I'm not going to hell and take it personally that you would have the audacity to wish anybody to go there.

TheBrownBear
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Tebow is a great college running QB. Kind of like Eric Crouch, Tony Rice and Tommie Frazier. Remind me about those guys' pro careers again.

Ebenezer
12-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Tebow is a great college running QB. Kind of like Eric Crouch, Tony Rice and Tommie Frazier. Remind me about those guys' pro careers again.
what pro careers?

Block "O"
12-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I don't like him as a football player. I don't have any opinion about him as a person...and I'm not going to hell and take it personally that you would have the audacity to wish anybody to go there.

I have the 'audacity' of hope like our president....senator obumma :hump:

jamze132
12-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't know how much of this i can agree with. In the option, last year he had Percy Harvin.... and this year he's got Demps who could be running sprints in the Olympics.
Demps can run. That is about it. He will also have no future in the NFL. You cannot compare Harvin to anyone else on the roster.