PDA

View Full Version : A new management I could live with

kernowboy
12-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Starting with the most important position

GM: Eric deCosta, head of player personnel at Baltimore who has had some excellent drafts over the last few years

Head Coach: Russ Grimm. He has four rings, 3 as a player, 1 as a coordinator

"He has not been given enough credit for the job he did in Pittsburgh and in Arizona coordinating the run game. He is an unsung hero. He's similar to Andy Reid. He's not flashy — he's just a simple, blue-collar worker who grabs his lunchbox every day and gets the job done."

Offensive Coordinator: Hue Jackson, QB coach, Baltimore

Helped turn Stephen Davis into a 1,000yds runner at Washington, Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzaheh into a great WR pairing as well as tutoring Carson Palmer at USC and then helping further at the Bengals. Combined with Grimm's OL knowledge that could be a significant bonus

Defensive Coordinator: Keith Butler, DL coach, Pittsburgh.

Would be able to install a 3-4 defence and is a pupil of Dick LeBeau one of the better defensive coordinators of recent times. Known to Grimm due to their time together with the Steelers.

If this was announced on the 8th February after the SuperBowl, it is something I could definitely live with

trapezeus
12-10-2009, 08:41 AM
sounds good to me. i'd make replace brandon with kernowboy. Can you sell suites, kb?

Michael82
12-10-2009, 08:58 AM
I would LOVE that new management. The only problem is...I don't think that the Bills are currently looking at a new GM. :ill:

kernowboy
12-10-2009, 09:34 AM
sounds good to me. i'd make replace brandon with kernowboy. Can you sell suites, kb?

Easy peasy - that's the easy part

The difficult thing is apparently assembling a quality coaching and playing staff

superbills
12-10-2009, 09:35 AM
The more I read and hear about Russ Grimm, the more I like the idea of bringing him in. Without a change in the player personnel management, however, he's dooomed to fail. Coaches need players and players need coaches. It's a two-way street. We don't need band-aids, we need full-out amputations. That means make all the changes or you wind up right back where you started.

bigbub2352
12-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I like it alot nice Post Kernowby!
i think i would like a different OC thou Balt QBs have sucked and Flacco has regressed
maybe someon off ARZ with Grimm, or see who else is out there, i wouldnt be oppossed to say a Martz style coach at OC either

RockStar36
12-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I've actually changed my stance from proven coach only, to getting a coach like Grimm if they also include a new GM/front office with him.

kernowboy
12-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I like it alot nice Post Kernowby!
i think i would like a different OC thou Balt QBs have sucked and Flacco has regressed
maybe someon off ARZ with Grimm, or see who else is out there, i wouldnt be oppossed to say a Martz style coach at OC either

I think that as an OC from than just a QB coach, Jackson would excel but point noted.

Interestingly Arizona have a passing game coordinator who works closely with Grimm, and Mike Miller previously worked at the Bills for a season under Mularky.

bigbub2352
12-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I think that as an OC from than just a QB coach, Jackson would excel but point noted.

Interestingly Arizona have a passing game coordinator who works closely with Grimm, and Mike Miller previously worked at the Bills for a season under Mularky.
i dont want anyone from a former coach here, like we did with TUrk Schonert and Steve Fairchild......
just saying i think best thing for the organization is to cut ties with everyone that has had ties here the last 10yrs
complete new regime
we need to change everything we did for the last 9yrs
but i like ur thinking, maybe see who comes available after season is done