PDA

View Full Version : Jeff George

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm just gonna use some of your logic with my threads. Hey, Jeff George wants to play. His QB rating is 80.4, we should sign him to compete with

Troy Smith
Jason Campbell
Dennis Dixon
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
and Wally Pipp!

I think we should give Phil Simms' tires a kick while we're at it. God knows if you people are throwing Dixon and Smith out there we may as well give Joe Namath a tryout!:sarcasm2:

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Does George seriously want to play again?

I love how you rip on anyones idea for QB yet bring up the most ridiculous idea of them all.

Of the others listed above the only I for sure wouldn't take is Campbell. The others have potentional.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Dennis Dixon couldn't beat Charlie Batch on the depth chart in Pitt. Are you saying a Super Bowl champion coach was wrong?

Troy Smith couldn't beat out Flacco as a rookie. He's like 5'8". Jeff George has said he wants to play, yes, but I'm being sarcastic to express how stupid I think some of these QB posts are getting.

ddaryl
12-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Juice stop posting topics... and do all of us a favor and just ignore what bothers you, or better yet just debate this issue inside those exisitng threads instead of rehashing them with this bull****.

instead post realistic topics with realistic ideas instead of chosing to rip on a few posts from people who just want to float some ideas.

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Dennis Dixon couldn't beat Charlie Batch on the depth chart in Pitt. Are you saying a Super Bowl champion coach was wrong?

Troy Smith couldn't beat out Flacco as a rookie. He's like 5'8". Jeff George has said he wants to play, yes, but I'm being sarcastic to express how stupid I think some of these QB posts are getting.
Batch was an established Veteran with tons of Experience. It wouldn't make sense to have him be the third QB. In talking to my friends in the burgh they absolutely love Dixon and his potentional.

Are you going to argue that a later round Pick would beat out a first rounder?

Some of the ideas I don't like either but I wouldn't call them stupid.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Batch was an established Veteran with tons of Experience. It wouldn't make sense to have him be the third QB. In talking to my friends in the burgh they absolutely love Dixon and his potentional.

Are you going to argue that a later round Pick would beat out a first rounder?

Some of the ideas I don't like either but I wouldn't call them stupid.
Dixon blew out his knee his last year of college, he played 1 game, cost his team the game, and you guys want to sign him.

All I'm saying is I'm looking for a little more than a body with potential. We have that in Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitz has shown me more in 1 game this year than Dixon has shown his entire college and professional career combined.

People just want to go through and list every name possible so that, in the event one of those names come true, they can say I told you so.

My cousin does that. Every year he'll babble on about every college prospect. 100's of them, just so that in the event that 1 of them does well he can say he called it.

And to ddaryl, I've been coming here all season, there hasn't been a new thread worth a damn in 2 weeks, sorry for stirring things up a little for our own entertainment.

Edited for TOS Violation:
MBB

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Dixon blew out his knee his last year of college, he played 1 game, cost his team the game, and you guys want to sign him.

All I'm saying is I'm looking for a little more than a body with potential. We have that in Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitz has shown me more in 1 game this year than Dixon has shown his entire college and professional career combined.

People just want to go through and list every name possible so that, in the event one of those names come true, they can say I told you so.

My cousin does that. Every year he'll babble on about every college prospect. 100's of them, just so that in the event that 1 of them does well he can say he called it.

And to ddaryl, I've been coming here all season, there hasn't been a new thread worth a damn in 2 weeks, sorry for stirring things up a little for our own entertainment. If you don't like my threads don't read them liverlips!

Edwards has NO POTENTIAL in my eyes.

Fitz is a backup and no better.

Dixon has pedigre and surely looked to be healed of any knee injuries. It was his first start ever an they put him in a bad situation in OT. Played great otherwise.

I don't give two ****s about told you so's or any crap like that. That is for idiots.

mayotm
12-10-2009, 09:14 AM

Troy Smith couldn't beat out Flacco as a rookie. He's like 5'8". Jeff George has said he wants to play, yes, but I'm being sarcastic to express how stupid I think some of these QB posts are getting.Wrong. Smith was the starter before becoming very sick towards the end of the pre-season.

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Wrong. Smith was the starter before becoming very sick towards the end of the pre-season.
Oh wait you are right!! Flacco only got the start because Smith got a massive flu and lost like 20 pounds.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:30 AM
NO TROY SMITH!

NO DENNIS DIXON!

COME ON!

yordad
12-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Sure, I would try out george at this point, lol.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Sure, I would try out george at this point, lol.

are you dense man? i've stated several times that i was being sarcastic.

man just stop posting in my threads if you aren't even going to read it.

the point was we may as well sign jeff george if the plan is to go for other teams 3rd stringers

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 09:45 AM
are you dense man? i've stated several times that i was being sarcastic.

man just stop posting in my threads if you aren't even going to read it.

the point was we may as well sign jeff george if the plan is to go for other teams 3rd stringers
This point is very flawed when you look first at the fact that Smith is the direct backup to Flacco, NOT THIRD STRING.

Dixon is also a talented player that will surely be direct backup next season.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:49 AM
This point is very flawed when you look first at the fact that Smith is the direct backup to Flacco, NOT THIRD STRING.

so our backup Fitzpatrick with 3 or 4 wins this season isn't as good as their backup with 0 wins ever??

BuffaloBlitz83
12-10-2009, 09:51 AM

No thx. Locker and Bradford were higher rated prospects. I rather draft one of them and go with Brohm. Better chance to succeed than Smith or Dixon

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 10:03 AM
so our backup Fitzpatrick with 3 or 4 wins this season isn't as good as their backup with 0 wins ever??
Are you seriously asking me this?
But to step back I can't decisively say any of the three are better than the others.
I would hope that if Smith or Dixon were brought in they would perform better than Fitz who I think stinks, but I am not certain.

I do know that Edwards is done and gone though. That is very clear to everyone.

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 10:04 AM
No thx. Locker and Bradford were higher rated prospects. I rather draft one of them and go with Brohm. Better chance to succeed than Smith or Dixon
That is a different argument and I am not opposed to that either. I think we are just bringing up all options. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a smith or Dixon and drafting Bradford.

I really don't want Locker though. He scares me. JP Jr.

bigbub2352
12-10-2009, 10:06 AM
NO way to Jeff George come on the dude sucked in his prime why would he be good at 40?
No to Troy Smith he is not proven, nor is Dennis Dixon, but i would not be oppossed to Dixon in this roster next yr developing under a new regime's O just not this regime's O

We need to draft a QB early as well
bring 5 QBs into camp like most teams do
Do something other than what we did the last 9 yrs here!

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 10:08 AM
NO way to Jeff George come on the dude sucked in his prime why would he be good at 40?
No to Troy Smith he is not proven, nor is Dennis Dixon, but i would not be oppossed to Dixon in this roster next yr developing under a new regime's O just not this regime's O

it was a joke in reference to all the silly suggestions keep posting. read the thread.

Philagape
12-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I hear Drew Bledsoe's available too!

Typ0
12-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Honestly, if Jeff George got his emotional crap under control and could work with a coach I'd bring him in for a look if we're going to go the stop gap route. The guy has very good skills he just couldn't work with people enough to be successful.

bigbub2352
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM

dont get nasty i read the thread and was commenting on it is all tis the season to be merry!! LOL

ddaryl
12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
And to ddaryl, I've been coming here all season, there hasn't been a new thread worth a damn in 2 weeks, sorry for stirring things up a little for our own entertainment. If you don't like my threads don't read them liverlips!

and your threads do nothing to change that... And I disagree I think there has been a few good threads the last few weeks in regards to the up comiing offseason and changes. Sure as hell don't know why you avodied those threads but then you go and zip off 3-6 ***** topics in regards to some of the more flaboyant posts we have recently.

but you are correct..

Please Refrain from Personal Attacks -MBB