PDA

View Full Version : Let's Revisit My Maybin Thoughts from Summer

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Yes, I was PO'd that Maybin was holding out for more money.

And I said at that point that we should tell him to reenter the draft this year and see how he does.

I got called dumb, stupid, all that.

Yet, all I've read here all year is negative Maybin posts. He's performing so well, they have our FIRST ROUND PICK WORTH 20-30 MILLION DOLLARS COVERING KICKOFFS!!

I wonder how many kickoffs Orakpo has covered this year.

Just admit it guys, I was right, and now our team is paying multi millions to a Sam Aiken with a neck roll and a twitter account. (only I bet Aiken is better than Maybin)

Mahdi
12-10-2009, 09:16 AM

And I said at that point that we should tell him to reenter the draft this year and see how he does.

Yet, all I've read here all year is negative Maybin posts. He's performing so well, they have our FIRST ROUND PICK WORTH 20-30 MILLION DOLLARS COVERING KICKOFFS!!

Just admit it guys, I was right, and now our team is paying multi millions to a Sam Aiken with a neck roll and a twitter account. (only I bet Aiken is better than Maybin)
I hate the neck roll. He looks like Jeff Posey out there. Let's give him a year before we call him a bust.

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2009, 09:17 AM
So you'd rather not have a guy who still has tons of potential? Thats why you were not right. Not signing the guy would have been a terrible mistake.

casdhf
12-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Maybin will have a couple sacks by season's end.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:26 AM
So you'd rather not have a guy who still has tons of potential? Thats why you were not right. Not signing the guy would have been a terrible mistake.

well, drafting him was the terrible mistake. once that was done, it couldn't be erased.

idk if you guys have watched any games, but TO is bigger and stronger than Maybin.

he has not looked good at all. i have no seen any potential since he got a sack against detroits backups in the preseason.

yordad
12-10-2009, 09:29 AM
well, drafting him was the terrible mistake. once that was done, it couldn't be erased.

idk if you guys have watched any games, but TO is bigger and stronger than Maybin.

he has not looked good at all. i have no seen any potential since he got a sack against detroits backups in the preseason.His potential is better then nothing, so not signing our #1 pick would have been ******ed. If you want to argue they should have drafted Orakpo, then maybe you have a case.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:33 AM
ok, heres my thinking.

the bills made a "wrong turn" when they drafted maybin.

when you make a wrong turn, do you just say eff it, and keep driving?

no, you turn around, and take the right road even though it costs you time in the long run...

mark my words, keeping maybin is going to cost us more than letting him go would have. so far, i'm right.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:34 AM
i think the main thing i'm looking for is someone to agree that at this point it wouldn't have been the worst thing ever to let him roll. we could use that money we're wasting on him for a new coach, or we could justify to ourselves trading up for the qb we want, if that was the case, and giving him the big bucks.

but now, with millions spent on maybin, the overall situation is worse than if he wasnt here at all!

the only way this guy will be competitive is if he starts juicing bigtime. look at merriman since he stopped. dropped 30 lbs, hasn't sacked anybody, can't stay healthy.

Jeff1220
12-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I hate when threads are started so people can (prematurely) pat themselves on the back. Just sayin'

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2009, 09:38 AM
you really think its better to just not sign a guy who will most definitely end up on another team, and could potentially become a very good player? Very bad idea. We drafted him, we have committed to him, now lets get him bigger and stronger and teach him how to do something other than run straight upfield, and hope for the best.

Tell me one way in which the situation is worse...because we're spending the money? Who cares!!! We have tons of cap room! Money is the only issue here and we are usually complaining that we dont spend enough.

ddaryl
12-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Do you ever read the crap you post

I wasn't on board with maybin either but under no circumstance would I have let him re-enter the draft this year and lose our #1 pick from 2009 for nothing

If the Bills switch to the 3-4 I think Maybin is better suited for the rushing OLB position then a DE

If the Bills stay 4-3 then Maybin is going to prove to be a bad pick IMO

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 09:41 AM

So you do like being the told you so guy????? I thought that was your cousin?

GAY THREAD.

justasportsfan
12-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I hate when threads are started so people can (prematurely) pat themselves on the back. Just sayin'

How about we revisit Juice's thread where he quit on the team?

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 09:49 AM
I don't think it's too early to call him a bust at DE. He's never going to be big enough to play the position at a reasonable level.

If he gets converted to LB than maybe he can play at a high level.

Sadly, he looks smaller than our TEs.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
ok guys, if maybin ever gets a sack i'll say we should have kept him.

but as of now i'd rather have bryan scott play DE.

yordad
12-10-2009, 10:00 AM

but as of now i'd rather have bryan scott play DE.All it takes is 1 sack?

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 10:05 AM

but as of now i'd rather have bryan scott play DE.
What so you can say you told us so... :limp:

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 10:09 AM
What so you can say you told us so... :limp:

HAHA! You give that pink little emoticon when you photoshop your head on other mens' bodies? LOL

SABURZFAN
12-10-2009, 08:34 PM

if the shoe fits....

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 08:46 PM
His potential is better then nothing, so not signing our #1 pick would have been ******ed. If you want to argue they should have drafted Orakpo, then maybe you have a case.

I said we should have drafted Orakpo, but I didn't start a thread to gloat about it.

life of faith
12-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Dwight Freeney and Mario Williams didnt do anything their rookie season either. Im sure the Texans and Colts are glad they stuck with them.

life of faith
12-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Dwight Freeney and Mario Williams didnt do anything their rookie season either. Im sure the Texans and Colts are glad they stuck with them.

airdog32
12-11-2009, 05:12 AM
How can you have so much negativity towards a guy who has not even played any significant time??? He was an underclassman in a small and fast 3-4 D at Pstate! give him a off season to bulk up and go through a full NFL camp prior to judging him! If at that point still nothing then you can revisit your lame post!

TedMock
12-11-2009, 06:33 AM
I said we should have drafted Orakpo, but I didn't start a thread to gloat about it.
That's because you're not looking to validate your existence with the approval of people, whom you don't even know, on a message board.

Seriously, I think most wanted Orakpo. He was the highest rated DE in the draft. Granted, Orakpo has seen most of his snaps at DE this year. I am absolutely disappointed with Maybin so far. I won't call him a bust this early though. Talk to me in a year and I will let you know how I feel then. Some guys turn it around after that first season. On the other hand, some look good the first year and become busts, so we really don't even know about Orakpo at this point. My friend was a top 10 pick. He had 6.5 sacks as a rookie and looked promising. He ended up a huge bust.

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 08:54 AM
well, i think the main point people are trying to make is "so far off to a bad start"

all these comparisons to other d-ends are funny, because i've already posted stats that prove they did WAY MORE their rookie year than maybin has, or will.

now we have dwight freeney's name being thrown around.

funny thing, he was also selected 11th overall. his rookie year, (btw, how can you throw this guys name around as doing nothing his rookie year, without even looking into it? he did awesome his rookie year)

here it is, read it and weep

freeney, rookie year: 16 games, 41 tackles, 16 sacks.

for those of you who forgot, so far the count on maybin is 7 tackles, 0 sacks.

Commissioner
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM

I looked it up and this is what i said in April about Maybin....

"Maybin should be a linebacker."

"Couldn't agree more. Maybin is another "high motor" guy... which sounds Chris Kelsay like to me. He played at 230lbs last year and then packed on muscle for the combine. Drafting this guy would be a huge gamble... and i don't think he would be an upgrade over Kelsay this year."

I think i nailed it....

justasportsfan
12-11-2009, 11:02 AM
While I'm not saying Maybin is anything special, I don't know how a rookie can make a difference if TO himself could not make a difference with this team.