Perry Fewell on Brohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Perry Fewell on Brohm

Ummm, yeah, Ok Perry...we can't get him in the offense because the Bills are really going somewhere this year. This guy reminds me more and more of Jauron with some of the things he does and how he answers questions. (go down to the section with the title "Thursday Morning One-Liners")... That is where you'll find the reasoning why we won't see Brohm.

Just say NO to Perry Fool!

Find all of the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Perry Fewell on Brohm

I'm definitely not on the Perry train

nor am I on the sit Brohm for the entire season train.

He doesn't have to start the rest of the games or even play a full game, but he should get a taste and chance to make a few plays.

but I guess that just demostrates how pathetic our own FO and coaches thinks our team is. They don't even trust the team enough to give Brohm a few series a game till the end of the season

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

1)The more games the Bills win, the better it is for Fewell's future - he must feel Fitz gives him the best chance to win games in the short term.

2)If Brohm gets any appreciable playing time and stinks up the joint, that's one less thing the Bills have to fuel the offseason ticket sale hype machine - and considering it looks unlikely we get one of those big name coaches in here, they are going to need all the offseason hype they can generate.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

He's on the scout team. He doesn't know the offense or is even expected to learn an offense whose playbook will officially be closed for good in four weeks.

Please stop this nonsense and for the love of football, please do not create another thread about the same subject.

:

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by JJamezz
          1)The more games the Bills win, the better it is for Fewell's future - he must feel Fitz gives him the best chance to win games in the short term.

2)If Brohm gets any appreciable playing time and stinks up the joint, that's one less thing the Bills have to fuel the offseason ticket sale hype machine - and considering it looks unlikely we get one of those big name coaches in here, they are going to need all the offseason hype they can generate.

hate to say it but those 2 reasons are spot on for why it won't happen, and unfortunately it has little to do with making sure we are a better team in 2010

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Fewell is trying to win and show that he can be a HC at sometime in the league. He has no need to find out what is best for the team because he is smart enough to know he won't be here next year. I don't blame him one bit. At this point he has to think of his future. I'm sure we would all do the same.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Said Bills coach Perry Fewell on the potential of starting QB Brian Brohm, "I think there are a lot of good things on the horizon for Brian. It's just so late in the season for us to work him into our offensive system and let him take reps with our one or two offense that we're not able to do that."
              Why didn't you just paste it without the scavenger hunt?
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Perry is looking to save his job nothing more, and anyone who thinks that this ******* deserves the HC job cause he plays a better cheerleader than Skeletor did on the sidelines is sorely mistaken

this is the guy that has lead our D to be horrible, undersized, and constantly outcoached by our division coaches
                as well as the rest of the league
                he wont play Brohm cause Fitz gives him the best chance to winLOL
                think about that statement and u will see how pathetic it is

Fewell and everything he stands for and his coachs all need to go including April and AVP good bye we need new blood and a new regime completely different that was the joke of a decade for this orgnaization
                all new philosphies and eyes on talent are needed to turn it around here
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

RALPH needs to step in and force the QB CHANGE! Like Bud Adams did with Young

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                    Why didn't you just paste it without the scavenger hunt?
                    You must not have a scroll mouse..... comon.... that wasn't so hard.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

The reason Brohm is not seeing the field is the same reason Hardy, Maybin, and Johnson aren't.

They just aren't good enough to be playing.

Just because it's different doesn't make it better. How Fiztpatrick is still playing over Edwards is mind boggling. I'd take Losman over this guy.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                        He's on the scout team. He doesn't know the offense or is even expected to learn an offense whose playbook will officially be closed for good in four weeks.

Please stop this nonsense and for the love of football, please do not create another thread about the same subject.

:
                        I agree, he's running the scout team and is getting few if any reps running the Bills' offense, but I'm sure he's doing his hoework and trying to learn as much of the Bills offense as he can. The problem is it's mostly head knowledge as he's not had the opportunity to translate it into what he does on the field. Yes, he'll probably have to learn an entirely new system in the offseason.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Perry should know this team isn't going anywhere with or without him next year with Fitz and Edwards under center.

His best shot at actually having a chance to secure the job full-time is to get Brohm in there eventually and hope like hell he lights up the scoreboard.

"Hey! Look what I found for you..."
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

I swear Bills fans are like little kids bored with their toys. They want to see Brohm not because he's any good, but because he's the new toy. And if he plays and loses they will become bored again.

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• we are
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              The reason Brohm is not seeing the field is the same reason Hardy, Maybin, and Johnson aren't.

They just aren't good enough to be playing.

Just because it's different doesn't make it better. How Fiztpatrick is still playing over Edwards is mind boggling. I'd take Losman over this guy.
                              So you think Losman should be on the field, but not those other guys?

This coaching staff thought A-Train was better than Fred Jackson...they also thought Mcgee was that much better than Greer that we can afford to let him walk and lock Mcgee up long term.

You can't tell me Johnson doesn't play well when given a chance...I saw him shake Revis out of his boots last year and score a TD as a rookie, he has more potential than Reed.

Comment

Working...
                              X