PDA

View Full Version : Perry Fewell on Brohm

Nighthawk
12-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Ummm, yeah, Ok Perry...we can't get him in the offense because the Bills are really going somewhere this year. This guy reminds me more and more of Jauron with some of the things he does and how he answers questions. (go down to the section with the title "Thursday Morning One-Liners")... That is where you'll find the reasoning why we won't see Brohm.

Just say NO to Perry Fool!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

ddaryl
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm definitely not on the Perry train

nor am I on the sit Brohm for the entire season train.

He doesn't have to start the rest of the games or even play a full game, but he should get a taste and chance to make a few plays.

but I guess that just demostrates how pathetic our own FO and coaches thinks our team is. They don't even trust the team enough to give Brohm a few series a game till the end of the season

JJamezz
12-10-2009, 12:31 PM
1)The more games the Bills win, the better it is for Fewell's future - he must feel Fitz gives him the best chance to win games in the short term.

2)If Brohm gets any appreciable playing time and stinks up the joint, that's one less thing the Bills have to fuel the offseason ticket sale hype machine - and considering it looks unlikely we get one of those big name coaches in here, they are going to need all the offseason hype they can generate.

madness
12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
He's on the scout team. He doesn't know the offense or is even expected to learn an offense whose playbook will officially be closed for good in four weeks.

Please stop this nonsense and for the love of football, please do not create another thread about the same subject.

:deadhorse:

ddaryl
12-10-2009, 12:36 PM
1)The more games the Bills win, the better it is for Fewell's future - he must feel Fitz gives him the best chance to win games in the short term.

2)If Brohm gets any appreciable playing time and stinks up the joint, that's one less thing the Bills have to fuel the offseason ticket sale hype machine - and considering it looks unlikely we get one of those big name coaches in here, they are going to need all the offseason hype they can generate.

hate to say it but those 2 reasons are spot on for why it won't happen, and unfortunately it has little to do with making sure we are a better team in 2010

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Fewell is trying to win and show that he can be a HC at sometime in the league. He has no need to find out what is best for the team because he is smart enough to know he won't be here next year. I don't blame him one bit. At this point he has to think of his future. I'm sure we would all do the same.

yordad
12-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Said Bills coach Perry Fewell on the potential of starting QB Brian Brohm, "I think there are a lot of good things on the horizon (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20091210/SPORTS03/312110027/1021/Time-for-Bills-to-go-with-Brohm?) for Brian. It's just so late in the season for us to work him into our offensive system and let him take reps with our one or two offense that we're not able to do that."Why didn't you just paste it without the scavenger hunt?

bigbub2352
12-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Perry is looking to save his job nothing more, and anyone who thinks that this ******* deserves the HC job cause he plays a better cheerleader than Skeletor did on the sidelines is sorely mistaken

this is the guy that has lead our D to be horrible, undersized, and constantly outcoached by our division coaches
as well as the rest of the league
he wont play Brohm cause Fitz gives him the best chance to winLOL
think about that statement and u will see how pathetic it is

Fewell and everything he stands for and his coachs all need to go including April and AVP good bye we need new blood and a new regime completely different that was the joke of a decade for this orgnaization
all new philosphies and eyes on talent are needed to turn it around here

BuffaloBlitz83
12-10-2009, 01:27 PM
RALPH needs to step in and force the QB CHANGE! Like Bud Adams did with Young

ParanoidAndroid
12-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Why didn't you just paste it without the scavenger hunt?

You must not have a scroll mouse..... comon.... that wasn't so hard.

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 03:12 PM
The reason Brohm is not seeing the field is the same reason Hardy, Maybin, and Johnson aren't.

They just aren't good enough to be playing.

Just because it's different doesn't make it better. How Fiztpatrick is still playing over Edwards is mind boggling. I'd take Losman over this guy.

TigerJ
12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
He's on the scout team. He doesn't know the offense or is even expected to learn an offense whose playbook will officially be closed for good in four weeks.

Please stop this nonsense and for the love of football, please do not create another thread about the same subject.

:deadhorse:

I agree, he's running the scout team and is getting few if any reps running the Bills' offense, but I'm sure he's doing his hoework and trying to learn as much of the Bills offense as he can. The problem is it's mostly head knowledge as he's not had the opportunity to translate it into what he does on the field. Yes, he'll probably have to learn an entirely new system in the offseason.

YardRat
12-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Perry should know this team isn't going anywhere with or without him next year with Fitz and Edwards under center.

His best shot at actually having a chance to secure the job full-time is to get Brohm in there eventually and hope like hell he lights up the scoreboard.

"Hey! Look what I found for you..."

PromoTheRobot
12-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I swear Bills fans are like little kids bored with their toys. They want to see Brohm not because he's any good, but because he's the new toy. And if he plays and loses they will become bored again.

PTR

we are
12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
The reason Brohm is not seeing the field is the same reason Hardy, Maybin, and Johnson aren't.

They just aren't good enough to be playing.

Just because it's different doesn't make it better. How Fiztpatrick is still playing over Edwards is mind boggling. I'd take Losman over this guy.

So you think Losman should be on the field, but not those other guys?

This coaching staff thought A-Train was better than Fred Jackson...they also thought Mcgee was that much better than Greer that we can afford to let him walk and lock Mcgee up long term.

You can't tell me Johnson doesn't play well when given a chance...I saw him shake Revis out of his boots last year and score a TD as a rookie, he has more potential than Reed.

Typ0
12-10-2009, 08:22 PM
RALPH needs to step in and force the QB CHANGE! Like Bud Adams did with Young

He already did...DJ refused and was fired. Fewell took the job and complied. This is his chance to build a resume.

Nighthawk
12-10-2009, 08:42 PM
I swear Bills fans are like little kids bored with their toys. They want to see Brohm not because he's any good, but because he's the new toy. And if he plays and loses they will become bored again.

PTR

Why again do you post and then sign your initials? Just asking....

YardRat
12-10-2009, 09:09 PM

PTR

Ummm...no ****. We know what the old toys can do, and it ain't enough...let's wind up the new one at some point and see what he does.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-10-2009, 09:17 PM
He already did...DJ refused and was fired. Fewell took the job and complied. This is his chance to build a resume.

Not really. Jauron said Fitz was starting. 2 days prior to firing. Why the hell would Jauron risk his job by saying no to owner.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-10-2009, 09:18 PM

****, his resume. Everyone knows he's done. Nothing he does will help him.

TigerJ
12-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I'd love to see Brohm play, but whether he does or not is liable to have little bearing on his future chances to start. About the only thing it does is satisfy fan curiousity at this point. What if he plays and lights up the scoreboard? Well there's always a chance he could do that. What if questions are always easier for fans to ask though. Fewell sees the kid in practice. I assume if he thought Brohm was such a special talent that he could overcome his relative lack of time working with the Bills' offensive playbook, he put the kid in. Personally, I don't think his best chance of having a job next season depends on Brohm playing.

don137
12-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Fewell is trying to win and show that he can be a HC at sometime in the league. He has no need to find out what is best for the team because he is smart enough to know he won't be here next year. I don't blame him one bit. At this point he has to think of his future. I'm sure we would all do the same.
My feelings exactly. Fewell is show casing his talents as a head coach at this point and not looking out for the 2010 Buffalo Bills. He probably realizes the chances are slim he will be here next year. If he knew for sure he would be here I think he would play Brohm if he felt he was ready at some point.

yordad
12-11-2009, 10:57 PM
You must not have a scroll mouse..... comon.... that wasn't so hard.I'm not a big fan of clicking links at work.

BertSquirtgum
12-11-2009, 11:12 PM
smell ya later perry. have a nice career else where. you suck just as much as jauron. go blow a fart while you're at it too.