PDA

View Full Version : So, I was having lunch at Panera...with Dick Jauron

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
The kids have off today because of the weather (wimpy school district) and my son had an orthodontist appointment so we took them to Panera Bread for lunch. In front of us in line was Dick Jauron. They ordered, got their food and left. I wonder if he didn't eat there because the risk of being seen in public? That would be sad. I think folks here are a little nicer than that.

ddaryl
12-10-2009, 12:29 PM
it only takes one loud mouth obsessed Bills fan to go off, and I think there are plenty of those

I'm surprised he would even stay in the area, that is if your in the WNY area and that is where you saw him

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:32 PM
it only takes one loud mouth obsessed Bills fan to go off, and I think there are plenty of those

I'm surprised he would even stay in the area, that is if your in the WNY area and that is where you saw him
it is in Orchard Park and there were all of nine people in there...the rest are scared of the two inches of snow that we got.

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
The kids have off today because of the weather (wimpy school district) and my son had an orthodontist appointment so we took them to Panera Bread for lunch. In front of us in line was Dick Jauron. They ordered, got their food and left. I wonder if he didn't eat there because the risk of being seen in public? That would be sad. I think folks here are a little nicer than that.

I don't.

You have sat in the stadium before. You know how people are.

mikemac2001
12-10-2009, 12:34 PM
did you spit on him?

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:35 PM
I don't.

You have sat in the stadium before. You know how people are.
The odds of the folks at Panera being liquored up? I don't think so. One on one in a Panera - not likely to happen.

ddaryl
it is in Orchard Park and there were all of nine people in there...the rest are scared of the two inches of snow that we got.

LOL

if we get 2 inches here in Washington State we are in a state of emergency, and you can forget any chance of making it to work on time. BUT 2 inches in OP that's pathetic, heck I used to drive into the city of Buffalo pushing snow with my front bumper

Or even worse is quitting time 2 inches of snow would add 30 minutes ++++ to my commute

Ebenezer
did you spit on him?
no...I'm civilized. :rolleyes:

Jeff1220
12-10-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm surprised he's still around too. With all the millions he has yet to be paid for not working, you'd think he'd already be moving into a beach hut somewhere in the Carribean for the next for years.

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2009, 12:38 PM
The odds of the folks at Panera being liquored up? I don't think so. One on one in a Panera - not likely to happen.

Sober Bills fans are obnoxious too.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Sober Bills fans are obnoxious too.
well since somebody asked if I spit on him I would have to agree.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm surprised he's still around too. With all the millions he has yet to be paid for not working, you'd think he'd already be moving into a beach hut somewhere in the Carribean for the next for years.
He's lived here for four years...it is home. Why blow town that quickly?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
what does he have for family? kids? older / younger? wife? I dont know anything about the man.... other than he's a great tennis coach

SabreEleven
12-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Did he call a timeout?

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:42 PM
what does he have for family? kids? older / younger? wife? I dont know anything about the man.... other than he's a great tennis coach
I assume he was there with his wife.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Did he call a timeout?
nope...ordered, retrieved his food and left.

mikemac2001
12-10-2009, 12:48 PM
well since somebody asked if I spit on him I would have to agree.

haha i was joking

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 12:51 PM
haha i was joking

yeah, spitting on him would be rude.... to all the Bills fans out there who had to deal with Jauron's BS for 3 1/2 years. The proper thing to do is to knee him in the junk.

billsburgh
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
was he standing there staring at the menu board with that blank, dear in the headlights look?

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 12:54 PM
was he standing there staring at the menu board with that blank, dear in the headlights look?
no, but he was wearing his sunglasses.

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Did he clap when he got his order?

trapezeus
12-10-2009, 01:05 PM
only if they got the order wrong, yokon.....

bigbub2352
12-10-2009, 01:10 PM
dude i couldnt agree more, my office is on the border of west seneca and OP and the fact they didnt go to school this morning was a joke, man i am 31 and we never had snow days like that no way!!!
as for DJ in Panera... its probably better off he left only a matter of time before someone says something to him

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Did he clap when he got his order?
no. but he did smile.

Beebe's Kid
12-10-2009, 01:16 PM
He's just a guy. He didn't fail at his job intentionally. As much as fans second guess this guy, I am sure he is his harshest critic.

I didn't like Dick Jauron the coach, and don't know Dick Jauron the man, but I only wish him the best.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 01:17 PM
dude i couldnt agree more, my office is on the border of west seneca and OP and the fact they didnt go to school this morning was a joke, man i am 31 and we never had snow days like that no way!!!
as for DJ in Panera... its probably better off he left only a matter of time before someone says something to him
like i said, there were only about ten other people there (other than my family)...two older women, a meeting of five having a business meeting and a table of three guys ensconced in a meeting.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 01:19 PM
He's just a guy. He didn't fail at his job intentionally. As much as fans second guess this guy, I am sure he is his harshest critic.

I didn't like Dick Jauron the coach, and don't know Dick Jauron the man, but I only wish him the best.
Was he a great coach? no. Am I a fan? no. Do I think he had great tools to work with? No. Weaknesses aside he's probably a really great guy. He didn't do well but he also had little to work with. The second coming of Landry wouldn't win with this team.

The King
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
His family is from my area. I am surprised he's not back here.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 01:28 PM
His family is from my area. I am surprised he's not back here.
Word is he built a rather large house here. Why leave it sit empty during winter?

Jeff1220
12-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Word is he built a rather large house here. Why leave it sit empty during winter?

He should rent it to TO.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-10-2009, 01:31 PM
did you get his autograph?

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 01:36 PM
did you get his autograph?
no, I see Bills players out here all the time, I leave them alone.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-10-2009, 01:43 PM
You should have Tonya Harding'd him

HAMMER
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
He's lived here for four years...it is home. Why blow town that quickly?
Because he would no longer have to deal with the awkwardness of all the comments he likely receives daily. Because he wouldn't have to deal with the ****ty Buffalo weather. Because....I could go on for days.

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I have a friend that plays golf with Jauron at Cherry Hill CC. He said he's a very nice guy.

I don't think people need to be jerky to him. I blame our owner more than him.

The same owner that my brother-in-law ran into two years ago during the summer and said "our team wasn't very good."

If he recognized our team sucked two years ago and this is the best he could do since than, how is that Jauron's fault?

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 01:57 PM

Do you work on Union?

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Do you work on Union?
if he works at Duff's then we better all get a discount.

raphael120
12-10-2009, 02:02 PM
What'd he order? The chicken **** salad?

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 02:09 PM
if he works at Duff's then we better all get a discount.

We still use accountants for our business up there and their office is on Union. I was just curious but I agrre on free wings!!

SabreEleven
12-10-2009, 02:17 PM

and than start clapping?

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
and than start clapping?

then

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 02:20 PM
and than start clapping?
there was no clapping....there was smiling and grinning but no clapping.

soapman
12-10-2009, 02:58 PM

Uh maybe he just didn't want to eat in the restaurant. People do that now-a-days...