PDA

View Full Version : So even Fewell thinks Maybin stinks.

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 03:06 PM
This team is just unbelievable. They are just figuring out now that he's too small and maybe not that smart. Excellent.

"It took him awhile to understand what we wanted and how we wanted it," Fewell said Wednesday. "He really turns it up a notch in practice and he's really been practicing well for us. That hasn’t always transferred to the game. "

"It's really tough to play in this league, and there are a lot of things like communication that goes on out there," Fewell said. "So it's more of the mental [hurdles] than the physical, and then ... he needs to get bigger and stronger. There's no doubt about that. We knew that coming in. We had a conversation this week about getting bigger and stronger, etcetera, and that's not going to happen until the offseason for him."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7510/bills-looking-toward-2010-for-maybin

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Did you see that quote where Fewell says it's more mental than physical and than compltely contradicts himself by saying he's not big enough.

Isn't that a physical hurdle Perry?

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Way to put words in his mouth...it says nothing like you infer.

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Way to put words in his mouth...it says nothing like you infer.

Those are his quotes not mine.

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Those are his quotes not mine.

no but where does it say he stinks? he was a project coming in, and he acknowledges that. He was an underclassmen when he came out, and has growing to do mentally and physically....we all know this HH, so does Perry and hes just stating the obvious...quit being such a damn drama queen with every damn thing

soapman
12-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Did you see that quote where Fewell says it's more mental than physical and than compltely contradicts himself by saying he's not big enough.

Isn't that a physical hurdle Perry?

MORE mental THAN physical. Not ALL mental and NO physical.

ParanoidAndroid
12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
He says, he needs to get the mental down.... that's the biggest part. Then he goes on to say that he ALSO needs to get bigger and stronger. That's not contradiction.... that's inclusion of multiple factors.

Way to exclude the rest of the quote. You should do editorials for FOX News.

"I think he's going to be a dynamic player for us. It's very tough to play in this league, and I think he will get better, and he’ll be a top-flight pick. Maybe not at the end of this season, but he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
"Maybe not at the end of this season, but he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."

also his words HH...get a dang hobby

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:20 PM
no but where does it say he stinks? he was a project coming in, and he acknowledges that. He was an underclassmen when he came out, and has growing to do mentally and physically....we all know this HH, so does Perry and hes just stating the obvious...quit being such a damn drama queen with every damn thing

when the head coach, who would probably openly admit is trying to get the HC gig here can barely muster one good thing to say about the pick, that means he's sucking.

the only nice thing he said was he practices well. terrific. that was what we needed in the off season. I remember the top need was someone who practices well.

THATHURMANATOR
12-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Stop putting words in Perry's mouth HH.

ParanoidAndroid
12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
when the head coach, who would probably openly admit is trying to get the HC gig here can barely muster one good thing to say about the pick, that means he's sucking.

the only nice thing he said was he practices well. terrific. that was what we needed in the off season. I remember the top need was someone who practices well.

You did exactly what HH wanted you to do and that's read his text and not read the entire article.

This is a classic example of how FOX news can stir up so much garbage.

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:24 PM

hes simply stating the situation as is. its no secret he hasnt done much this year. i dont know many people who thought he WOULD. who said this interview was supposed to be a praise maybin interview. god some of you guys will look for anything to fly off the handle about

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
hes simply stating the situation as is. its no secret he hasnt done much this year. i dont know many people who thought he WOULD. who said this interview was supposed to be a praise maybin interview. god some of you guys will look for anything to fly off the handle about

Not really. I just hope that people realize he'll NEVER do anything. IDK how many superstars take 2-3 years to figure out how to get to a QB or sack a QB.

We just need to admit that we used the 11th overall pick on Steve Urkel.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/adamwhite960/urkelmaybin.jpg

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:31 PM

I think the point that people are trying to make is it sucks that the 'proffessionals' who run this team knew what we needed. A d end that can put pressure on the QB, and they draft a 4 year project, 1 year starter, 235lb defensive end.

That is just assinine thinking. And choices like that make me worry about future choices. When you hire a scout, he makes suggestions, but he doesn't make the picks.

I can't imagine what this team saw that made them think that Maybin would be better than Orakpo.

AAAAND, if that rational was that Jauron had one foot out the door, then why did he still have 1 foot IN the door? If our plan was to eventually pickup guys for a 3-4, fine, but that clearly wasn't the case.

This was literally as going the wrong way down a one we street.

If we put a button in front of Russ Brandon that said "Do not push" he would push it.

HHURRICANE
The coach came out and said he practices hard but can't do what we are telling him to do on the field. So he he doesn't play well and he's undersized.

He's talking about our number one pick that we gave $25 million guaranteed to.

Perry isn't going to come out and say the Maybin "sucks" but he went pretty far to say just that.

Guys, it's a fan site. We are here to have fun. Debate the topic. If you think he's going to be good I'd love to hear why!!!

FlyingDutchman
Not really. I just hope that people realize he'll NEVER do anything. IDK how many superstars take 2-3 years to figure out how to get to a QB or sack a QB.

youre right, your assumptions are 100% accurate and everyone else is clueless. I know Mario Williams was a stud right away right? Same with Philip Merling and Gaines Adams. Dont forget Long....all of these defensive ends are just tearing up the league, and we completely swung and missed on Maybin....give me a break

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
The coach came out and said he practices hard but can't do what we are telling him to do on the field. So he he doesn't play well and he's undersized.

Perry isn't going to come out and say the Maybin "sucks" but he went pretty far to say just that.

Guys, it's a fan site. We are here to have fun. Debate the topic. If you think he's going to be good I'd love to hear why!!!

what are we debating? statements that youre exaggerating and fabricating?

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
ive said what i need to say, you and juice can sit in this thread and piss and moan all you want. have fun

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:38 PM
youre right, your assumptions are 100% accurate and everyone else is clueless. I know Mario Williams was a stud right away right? Same with Philip Merling and Gaines Adams. Dont forget Long....all of these defensive ends are just tearing up the league, and we completely swung and missed on Maybin....give me a break

WHAAT?!

Ok, obviously Gaines Adams was a horrible bust, I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Mario Williams may have not had 10 sacks his first year, but he was good enough to SEE THE FIELD!

I don't remember seeing him covering kickoffs!

The Texans aren't exactly a model franchise to reference either!

I don't see what your point is!

The point I'm trying to make is that, for anybody hoping for Maybin to live up to where we picked him and what we're paying him, they better hope we switch to a 3-4 and start giving out steroids.

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 03:41 PM
what are we debating, statements that youre exaggerating and fabricating?

Perry made the quotes. That's what these (") mean.

I find it funny how this site will debate the obvious. Look at how many people said that we would be fine without Peters when it was obvious that it was going to be a giant blow to our line.

Gaines Adams and Mario Williams had much better rookie seasons and the jury is still way out on these guys.

One thing is for sure. The only positive thing that Fewell could say about Maybin is that he practices hard. I bet Omon did too.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:41 PM
BTW, if we're going to break out comparisons to other defensive ends, let's do it with facts!

Mario Williams, his first "Not that great" Maybe not worth the high pick and high money year, he started 16 games, had 47 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

What does Maybin have again?

Gaines Adams, a top 10 pick who got traded after 3 seasons in Tampa...Let's look at him. Obviously, if your traded after 3 years and before your rookie contract ends, the team doesn't regard you as a quality player.

AKA: Bust.

His rookie year? 8 starts, 38 tackles, 6 sacks.

Maybin has 7 tackles and 0 sacks. Can't beat Chris Kelsay or Ryan Denney on the field.

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 03:43 PM
BTW, if we're going to break out comparisons to other defensive ends, let's do it with facts!

Mario Williams, his first "Not that great" Maybe not worth the high pick and high money year, he started 16 games, had 47 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

What does Maybin have again?

Gaines Adams, a top 10 pick who got traded after 3 seasons in Tampa...Let's look at him. Obviously, if your traded after 3 years and before your rookie contract ends, the team doesn't regard you as a quality player.

AKA: Bust.

His rookie year? 8 starts, 38 tackles, 6 sacks.

Maybin has 7 tackles and 0 sacks. Can't beat Chris Kelsay or Ryan Denney on the field.

But he has "potential" so don't use facts to defend your argumnet.

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Maybin is a bust pick. I feel very confident in saying it now. A slow start is a lot differnt than 7 tackles, 0 sacks, and no playing time after 12 weeks.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry my bad.

Maybin practices hard and has a cool mohawk.

We have bigger/stronger water boys.

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:46 PM
WHAAT?!

Ok, obviously Gaines Adams was a horrible bust, I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Mario Williams may have not had 10 sacks his first year, but he was good enough to SEE THE FIELD!

I don't remember seeing him covering kickoffs!

The Texans aren't exactly a model franchise to reference either!

I don't see what your point is!

The point I'm trying to make is that, for anybody hoping for Maybin to live up to where we picked him and what we're paying him, they better hope we switch to a 3-4 and start giving out steroids.

Williams was the number 1 OVERALL pick, he better see the damn field. How much of an impact did he have. Maybin was an underclassmen. He went from playing 19 year old kids from Iowa, to the best players in the world. I take it youve never played a sport in which you transition to a higher level. Youre right though, we're 1 season in, and Maybin is clearly a bust and will never be good

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Juice you didnt say anything about Long. Show me defensive ends who have a big impact their rookie year. ready go

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Williams was the number 1 OVERALL pick, he better see the damn field. How much of an impact did he have. Maybin was an underclassmen. He went from playing 19 year old kids from Iowa, to the best players in the world. I take it youve never played a sport in which you transition to a higher level. Youre right though, we're 1 season in, and Maybin is clearly a bust

Thankyou for making my point for me. We took a green, undersize, underexperienced DE and expected him to transition to the next level.

He was the first DE taken, 11th overall.

IDK about you but if I was GM I'd expect any first round pick "Better see the damn field".

Here it is, December, and he can't get out there over Kelsay or Denney. Those are facts.

Not only that, but he held out for damn near a month, how much difference would that have made come this time of year?

He held out, not me not you and not Russ Brandon. Aaron Maybin held out because he thought he was worth more than 20 something million dollars.

Well, IDK what his yearly pay is, but so far we're paying multi million per tackles. And sacks are in high demand, and low supply.

But thanks for making my point for me with your last post. He was green, undersized, under skilled, and we took him over a guy who was ready to contribute NOW.

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:51 PM
alright guys, you got a reaction. im out. you guys exaggerated and fabricated a harmless article so we could ***** about maybin not being a stud this year. congrats

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Juice you didnt say anything about Long. Show me defensive ends who have a big impact their rookie year. ready go

Chris Long, rookie year, 16 starts, 4 sacks, 40 tackles.

At least check your points before you make them dude. You can't list a DE who's been a first round pick and done WORSE than Maybin!

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:52 PM
alright guys, you got a reaction. im out. you guys exaggerated and fabricated a harmless article so we could ***** about maybin not being a stud this year. congrats

uh buddy, you said you were gone 20 minutes ago, yet you haven't left.

also, i've completely destroyed every dipshnizzle point you've made, and now your taking your ball and going home.

that's how you debate!!

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Thankyou for making my point for me. We took a green, undersize, underexperienced DE and expected him to transition to the next level.

He was the first DE taken, 11th overall.

IDK about you but if I was GM I'd expect any first round pick "Better see the damn field".

Here it is, December, and he can't get out there over Kelsay or Denney. Those are facts.

Not only that, but he held out for damn near a month, how much difference would that have made come this time of year?

He held out, not me not you and not Russ Brandon. Aaron Maybin held out because he thought he was worth more than 20 something million dollars.

Well, IDK what his yearly pay is, but so far we're paying multi million per tackles. And sacks are in high demand, and low supply.

But thanks for making my point for me with your last post. He was green, undersized, under skilled, and we took him over a guy who was ready to contribute NOW.

Tyson Jackson was the 1st defensive end. Youre dense, and taking this convo in all new directions. have fun

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Chris Long, rookie year, 16 starts, 4 sacks, 40 tackles.

At least check your points before you make them dude. You can't list a DE who's been a first round pick and done WORSE than Maybin!

you avoided

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Tyson Jackson was the 1st defensive end. Youre dense, and taking this convo in all new directions. have fun

yeah, he was chosen to play DE in a 3-4, not a position where your supposed to get sacks. That primary job is to stop the run.

He'd have been a DT in a 4-3.

But at least the Chiefs can pick a player and let him do a job where he fits. We draft a guy 40lbs underweight and try to force him to play a position where he couldn't possibly succeed.

The point is, dumb pick. Period. Bust.

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:55 PM
uh buddy, you said you were gone 20 minutes ago, yet you haven't left.

also, i've completely destroyed every dipshnizzle point you've made, and now your taking your ball and going home.

that's how you debate!!

dude....hate to tell you, but youve made no valid points here. in your own dense little world your a genius though

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
you avoided

I didn't avoid, I don't care about other teams and other picks in other years. It's irrelevant.

You stated that they were just as bad as Maybin, and made little impact.

Well IDK about you but when I take 40 and divide it by 7 I get 5.7.

So if you bring up Chris Long, and you cite him as a bust, you need to consider the FACT that he produced 5.7 times more than Maybin!

If we divide 4 sacks that Long got by the 0 that Maybin has, what's the impact difference there?

BTW, Chris Long has 4 sacks this year already. At Maybins current rate of production, we'll be lucky if he gets 1 sack period!!!!!!!!

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
oh yeah and one more point, do you really want to call out people who said they were going to leave and stayed juice? thats what i thought....

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:59 PM
dude....hate to tell you, but youve made no valid points here. in your own dense little world your a genius though

OMFG dude.

You can't just say "You made no points"

I clearly did. I said Maybin was a bust, you cited 3 guys to compare him to to prove that he isn't. I provided facts associated with those players and proved that they did MUCH MORE than Maybin in their rookie year.

That's not a point? Then can you please tell me what is???

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 04:03 PM
I never wanted Maybin on this team but to say he is a bust or that he stinks is just wrong. He doesn't make the line up card.

baalworship
12-10-2009, 04:12 PM

You do remember a Bill named Eric Moulds? Some players take longer than other to develop. I was on this board and on record as against Maybin being drafted for this reason alone but now that he is here I am NOT declaring him a bust. He is a very talented PROJECT whose success or failure can not be measured this year. And I still think his upside is higher than Orakpo and Ayers, both who were obviously more NFL ready.

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I never wanted Maybin on this team but to say he is a bust or that he stinks is just wrong. He doesn't make the line up card.

He's not in the lineup because he can't play.

Ebenezer
12-10-2009, 04:18 PM
He's not in the lineup because he can't play.
you got this from the same source as your info on injuries, I'm sure.

SquishDaFish
12-10-2009, 04:36 PM
God HH you stooped to a new low. If your going to quote do the whole article or show some of the good he was saying also. What you do when you only quote negs is catch trolls like Juice who wont read the whole article. He is a ROOKIE in no way can you call him a bust pick or that he stinks already. Its too EARLY!

Id bet anything he will be a very good player for the Bills when all said and done.

billistic
12-10-2009, 05:13 PM
This team is just unbelievable. They are just figuring out now that he's too small and maybe not that smart. Excellent.

"It took him awhile to understand what we wanted and how we wanted it," Fewell said Wednesday. "He really turns it up a notch in practice and he's really been practicing well for us. That hasn’t always transferred to the game. "

"It's really tough to play in this league, and there are a lot of things like communication that goes on out there," Fewell said. "So it's more of the mental [hurdles] than the physical, and then ... he needs to get bigger and stronger. There's no doubt about that. We knew that coming in. We had a conversation this week about getting bigger and stronger, etcetera, and that's not going to happen until the offseason for him."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7510/bills-looking-toward-2010-for-maybin

Who is smarter, Maybin or Jimmy Hardly?

billistic
12-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Id bet anything he will be a very good player for the Bills when all said and done.

By the time all is said and done, the Bills will be the LA Sunshines and Maybin will be a rich shoeshine.

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 05:21 PM

I'm late getting into this discussion.

I agree with HH that Perry does contradict himself on the mental/physical thing, but other than that, I don't have a problem with these comments at all.

He's critical of Maybin, and rightfully so. The fans can clearly see that Maybin hasn't done anything yet, and he's trying to say that in a diplomatic way while also saying something positive about the guy. That's the coach's job. He's not trying to blow smoke up our asses and say that Maybin's good, but he's also not going to trash the kid to the media and destroy his confidence.

I really don't see what the problem is here. No one is happy with Maybin's performance- not even Fewell, and he admits it.

Mr. Pink
12-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Or you could take it as he's basically saying Maybin was a terrible pick and can't see the field because he's not good enough - mentally or physically.

And then closing with coach speak to give people the hope he may one day do something here.

Judging by his quotes though, Maybin is a far way off from being able to contribute really anything.

Nighthawk
12-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Well, he hasn't exactly been coached well and isn't that what everybody said he needed most coming out of college? Get a good staff in here and then judge him. Jauron was horrible and Fewell is a terrible coach...I think there's more to it then Maybin just sucking.

psubills62
12-10-2009, 05:27 PM

Justin Tuck.

psubills62
12-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Or you could take it as he's basically saying Maybin was a terrible pick and can't see the field because he's not good enough - mentally or physically.

And then closing with coach speak to give people the hope he may one day do something here.

Judging by his quotes though, Maybin is a far way off from being able to contribute really anything.

So the problem is...WHY IS THIS A SURPRISE? Just because HH is fed up with projects doesn't mean Maybin isn't a project. He's always been a project. Could he be a bust? Sure. Is he yet? No.

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 05:28 PM

well, it's his job to do that.

Personally I think Maybin's a wasted pick, but I really don't see how that falls on Fewell.

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Gaines Adams and Mario Williams had much better rookie seasons and the jury is still way out on these guys.

so these guys get a free pass and the jury is still out 2 and 3 years into their careers, but a project who came out as an underclassmen is toast and is a bust 3/4 of the way through his first year. got it

patmoran2006
12-10-2009, 05:54 PM
What a horrible thread title, and misleading.

Fewell said nothing in words or tone that constitute "Maybin stinks"

You're brutal man.

billistic
12-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Maybin's agent is a gifted opportunist, and Maybin is a golden goose who made a few good plays in college. Bills pay. End of story...

Mr. Pink
12-10-2009, 06:17 PM
So the problem is...WHY IS THIS A SURPRISE? Just because HH is fed up with projects doesn't mean Maybin isn't a project. He's always been a project. Could he be a bust? Sure. Is he yet? No.

The real problem is he's shown zero progression.

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM

I agree with HH that Perry does contradict himself on the mental/physical thing, but other than that, I don't have a problem with these comments at all.

He's critical of Maybin, and rightfully so. The fans can clearly see that Maybin hasn't done anything yet, and he's trying to say that in a diplomatic way while also saying something positive about the guy. That's the coach's job. He's not trying to blow smoke up our asses and say that Maybin's good, but he's also not going to trash the kid to the media and destroy his confidence.

I really don't see what the problem is here. No one is happy with Maybin's performance- not even Fewell, and he admits it.R-E-A-D T-H-E T-I-T-L-E!

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2009, 06:20 PM
"He really turns it up a notch in practice and he's really been practicing well for us."

"I think he's going to be a dynamic player for us.

"...he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 06:26 PM
"He really turns it up a notch in practice and he's really been practicing well for us."

"I think he's going to be a dynamic player for us.

"...he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."

that's called "coachspeak" or "toeing the company line." Even if he thinks Maybin sucks a fat one, he can't come right out and say that to the media.

psubills62
12-10-2009, 06:29 PM

Really? I haven't really been watching the Bills games, but the one time I did recently, he made a pretty good penetrating play to stop Thomas Jones at the LOS. Right after that play, the announcers specifically talked about how teams look to run at Maybin. He wasn't even all that great against the run in college.

Obviously he needs consistency, but I'd say going from riding the pine to actually making a play while on the field is progress.

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 06:31 PM

This is extremely frustrating. We all knew he was a project going in, but I thought by this point in the season, he wouldn't be completely useless. But he's still completely useless.

He tries to juke offensive linemen like RB's juke potential tacklers. He doesn't have the strength or the hands to engage- if the OL gets his hands on Maybin, it's done.

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
that's called "coachspeak" or "toeing the company line." Even if he thinks Maybin sucks a fat one, he can't come right out and say that to the media.So let me get this straight... It's "coachspeak" when they say something contrary to the agenda? But truth when editied to fit said agenda? Can you say "inconvenient truth"?

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
So let me get this straight... It's "coachspeak" when they say something contrary to the agenda? But truth when editied to fit said agenda? Can you say "inconvenient truth"?

wtf are you talking about? I take anything the coaches say to the media with a grain of salt. They have to keep their players motivated and keep the org happy- they are not free to say what they really think. You can try to twist it to put a positive spin on a lackluster player all you want, but coachspeak is coachspeak, period.

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
God bless ya... But I tend to look at how things might turn out rather than I told you so. It's money spent... We better all hope it turns out.

Typ0
12-10-2009, 06:47 PM

I think what he said was he's where they expected him to be and they are happy he's getting up to speed in practice. Looks like they are going to try and bulk him up in the offseason and if he works hard he might then turn out to be a good player.

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Nah... He clearly said he "stinks". If you oppose that thinking you must be moe ron.

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
God bless ya... But I tend to look at how things might turn out rather than I told you so. It's money spent... We better all hope it turns out.

I agree- I certainly hope we're dead wrong and Maybin puts on some weight and becomes a player who gets double digit sacks each year.

A lot of us are just skeptical, though, because so far he's been pretty bad.

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2009, 06:52 PM
wtf are you talking about? I take anything the coaches say to the media with a grain of salt. They have to keep their players motivated and keep the org happy- they are not free to say what they really think. You can try to twist it to put a positive spin on a lackluster player all you want, but coachspeak is coachspeak, period.So... With your grain of salt, do you conclude Fewell thinks Maybin "stinks"?

Typ0
12-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree- I certainly hope we're dead wrong and Maybin puts on some weight and becomes a player who gets double digit sacks each year.

A lot of us are just skeptical, though, because so far he's been pretty bad.

it's pretty easy to support the opinion that he will be just like many other players on the Bills...ie an average player who the fans pump up because he gets paid too much and wears a bills uni. That doesn't mean he stinks though. A whole bunch of average players that work together can do a lot of damage.

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 07:00 PM
So... With your grain of salt, do you conclude Fewell thinks Maybin "stinks"?

well, I think it's difficult to say, but I think it's pretty clear that he has some concerns about Maybin and he's doing his best to not patronize the fans while also not pissing Maybin off.

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 07:01 PM
it's pretty easy to support the opinion that he will be just like many other players on the Bills...ie an average player who the fans pump up because he gets paid too much and wears a bills uni. That doesn't mean he stinks though. A whole bunch of average players that work together can do a lot of damage.

I think there was one year under Wade Phillips where the D was ranked in the top 5 without having one single player go to the pro bowl.

Typ0
12-10-2009, 07:02 PM
well, I think it's difficult to say, but I think it's pretty clear that he has some concerns about Maybin and he's doing his best to not patronize the fans while also not pissing Maybin off.

that's pretty well stated. And yes, those guys sure have to walk the party line a lot! I know people hated the DJ press conference but he was an absolute master at it.

Typ0
12-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I think there was one year under Wade Phillips where the D was ranked in the top 5 without having one single player go to the pro bowl.

Going back to the beginning of the season and that first loss again...I think momentum is very under appreciated. I know in all my business travels at the very highest levels of business momentum is one of the highest concerns. First, you need to capture some, and then you need to maintain and build on it. You get that going on and you don't have to be the biggest and the baddest to slay the dragon. I see sports working very much the same way. That's not to say talent isn't important because it absolutely is but excessive talent with no momentum turns into crap and lack of talent with a lot of momentum can turn into gold.

OpIv37
12-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Going back to the beginning of the season and that first loss again...I think momentum is very under appreciated. I know in all my business travels at the very highest levels of business momentum is one of the highest concerns. First, you need to capture some, and then you need to maintain and build on it. You get that going on and you don't have to be the biggest and the baddest to slay the dragon. I see sports working very much the same way. That's not to say talent isn't important because it absolutely is but excessive talent with no momentum turns into crap and lack of talent with a lot of momentum can turn into gold.

that's called the Dan Snyder Hypothesis.

Mr. Pink
12-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Nah... He clearly said he "stinks". If you oppose that thinking you must be moe ron.

I actually agree he does stink.

His technique is terrible, his size is terrible, his speed which allowed him to succeed in college is a nonfactor in the NFL and the coach publicly stated he's basically not smart enough.

Add that all up.

What does it equal? A guy who simply isn't good enough.

I'm getting sick and tired of the bums this organization reaches to draft, aren't you?
Isn't everyone for that matter?

Oaf
12-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I still can't believe we didn't take Orakpo.

Typ0
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM

His technique is terrible, his size is terrible, his speed which allowed him to succeed in college is a nonfactor in the NFL and the coach publicly stated he's basically not smart enough.

Add that all up.

I'm getting sick and tired of the bums this organization reaches to draft, aren't you?

With all the shifting around I would tend to think DJ was constantly trying to be the next brilliant coach by finding a diamond in the rough. He just did it over and over and over again. So much that there is a lot of duds and people in the wrong positions on the team.

FinFaninBuffalo
12-11-2009, 07:36 AM
You did exactly what HH wanted you to do and that's read his text and not read the entire article.

This is a classic example of how FOX news can stir up so much garbage.

LMAO at the Fox News bashing. Every news station is biased these days. CNN, MSNBC (aka MSDNC), etc. are all infotainment channels. Fox News leans right, ALL of the others lean left. Pick the one that leans in your direction. IMO, the left leaning stations are far more dishonest.

HHURRICANE
12-11-2009, 08:00 AM
What a horrible thread title, and misleading.

Fewell said nothing in words or tone that constitute "Maybin stinks"

You're brutal man.

I'm probably getting more reads on this thread than on your website.:D

HHURRICANE
12-11-2009, 08:01 AM

I really don't see what the problem is here. No one is happy with Maybin's performance- not even Fewell, and he admits it.

Great synopsis.

HHURRICANE
12-11-2009, 08:26 AM

Add that all up.

This site continues to ignore the obvious.

Maybin is not a good player right now. That's a proven fact that no one can deny.

His own coach has already thrown him into 2010 as some one who needs to get bigger and stronger just to have a chance.

How sad is that?

People don't like my thread title but at the end of the day he does "stink" and Fewell can't defend the only place where it matters which is on the field.

Pat Williams was accused of being a lazy player in practice, etc. when he was a Bill but he can play so practicing hard means ****. Look at Bruce Smith or TO for that matter.

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
I'm probably getting more reads on this thread than on your website.:D

i wouldnt be proud of people reading this garbage if i were you personally. you lost any crumb of credibility you maybe had left

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 08:49 AM
i wouldnt be proud of people reading this garbage if i were you personally. you lost any crumb of credibility you maybe had left

uh, buddy. what credibility do you have? you don't even say ANYTHING football related. all you do is go around and criticize other peoples post.

the old thread critic. where would the world be without you?

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 09:13 AM
uh, buddy. what credibility do you have? you don't even say ANYTHING football related. all you do is go around and criticize other peoples post.

the old thread critic. where would the world be without you?

what is there to discuss? this moron made crap up, and you followed and agreed. what does that make you lol?

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 09:19 AM
i didn't even refer to quotes whatsoever

i don't care what fewell says. he was a lousy coordinator his whole time here, he only got the interim job because the special teams have struggled vs other years here.

fewell won't be here in a month, screw his opinion.

my opinion is that we need to change our whole defense in order to make Maybin relevant.

if we don't, we need to trade him to a 3-4 team and get something for him before he's in the UFL playing tight end in 2 years. (if they don't go out of business by then)

HHURRICANE
12-11-2009, 11:45 AM
what is there to discuss? this moron made crap up, and you followed and agreed. what does that make you lol?

It's funny how you are always the one that resorts to name calling and poster bashing around here.

You don't start anything on your own because your are scared of the criticism.

I think it's pretty funny actually.

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 12:23 PM
It's funny how you are always the one that resorts to name calling and poster bashing around here.

You don't start anything on your own because your are scared of the criticism.

I think it's pretty funny actually.

No i just rip on you for obvious reasons. I discuss football with people actually know what their talking about. You lost credability a looooooong time ago.

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
also, i dont feel that everyone wants to know every single thought i have about this team or my thoughts on things that i read. who cares? and can i ask you a question? i work for a company who does advertising for google. im in sales. i talk with biz owners all day every day. small, medium and big size bizs. you have made it clear that you own a biz. i have never met a biz owner with as much time on their hands as you. do you really take this much time away from your company? how do you do it? i feel like your on here every single time i get on without fail. had to ask, i was wondering this for a while. and dont take this as an insult or anything, im genuinely curious.

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 12:50 PM
and as far as the name calling, im sorry man but you completely twisted what was written in that article and made this thread misleading as hell. im sorry but someone who does that goes down in my book as a moron. as far as Juice, this guy told all of us we were idiots and basically to go eff ourselves a long time ago. i dont feel the need to be nice to him

Beastie Bills
12-11-2009, 12:50 PM

This may be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 02:31 PM
also, i dont feel that everyone wants to know every single thought i have about this team or my thoughts on things that i read. who cares? and can i ask you a question? i work for a company who does advertising for google. im in sales. i talk with biz owners all day every day. small, medium and big size bizs. you have made it clear that you own a biz. i have never met a biz owner with as much time on their hands as you. do you really take this much time away from your company? how do you do it? i feel like your on here every single time i get on without fail. had to ask, i was wondering this for a while. and dont take this as an insult or anything, im genuinely curious.

this statement from the guy who hasn't left once all week lololololol:boom:

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM
and as far as the name calling, im sorry man but you completely twisted what was written in that article and made this thread misleading as hell. im sorry but someone who does that goes down in my book as a moron. as far as Juice, this guy told all of us we were idiots and basically to go eff ourselves a long time ago. i dont feel the need to be nice to him

a) i didn't say anybody specific

b) only women drudge up crap from months ago

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM
this statement from the guy who hasn't left once all week lololololol:boom:

huh?

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 02:34 PM
a) i didn't say anybody specific

b) only women drudge up crap from months ago

you called attention to it. only woman make a scene and PMS on everyone like you did. just bc it happend months ago doesnt change anything. you went off on everyone for no reason, said you were done, and were then posting hours later....you must have issues about being alone

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 02:35 PM
huh?

DUDE!
YOU CALL BILLSWIN OUT FOR BEING A "BIZ OWNER" AND BEING ON HERE ALL DAY!

BUT YOOOOUUU HAVE BEEN POSTING EVERY 5 MINUTES SINCE LIKE 9 AM!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF YOUR BOSS KNOWS WHAT YOUR DOING!

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
DUDE!

first of all, i was talking to HH. second, we had our company xmas party last night, and dont have to work today. id like to know if you even have a job or a life for that matter (nevermind i know the answer) with the amount of time you spend on here. my boss was the one buying me the shots so i dont think he'll care, but thanks for your concern

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 02:45 PM
DUDE!

also are you really that easily amused, or just that strange?