X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

So even Fewell thinks Maybin stinks.

This team is just unbelievable. They are just figuring out now that he's too small and maybe not that smart. Excellent.

"It took him awhile to understand what we wanted and how we wanted it," Fewell said Wednesday. "He really turns it up a notch in practice and he's really been practicing well for us. That hasn’t always transferred to the game. "

"It's really tough to play in this league, and there are a lot of things like communication that goes on out there," Fewell said. "So it's more of the mental [hurdles] than the physical, and then ... he needs to get bigger and stronger. There's no doubt about that. We knew that coming in. We had a conversation this week about getting bigger and stronger, etcetera, and that's not going to happen until the offseason for him."

The Buffalo Bills drafted defensive end Aaron Maybin 11th overall to fill an immediate need.They identified their pass rush as a major weakness that needed to be addressed immediately.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: So even Fewell thinks Maybin stinks.

Did you see that quote where Fewell says it's more mental than physical and than compltely contradicts himself by saying he's not big enough.

Isn't that a physical hurdle Perry?

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Way to put words in his mouth...it says nothing like you infer.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        Way to put words in his mouth...it says nothing like you infer.
        Those are his quotes not mine.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Those are his quotes not mine.
          no but where does it say he stinks? he was a project coming in, and he acknowledges that. He was an underclassmen when he came out, and has growing to do mentally and physically....we all know this HH, so does Perry and hes just stating the obvious...quit being such a damn drama queen with every damn thing

Comment

• soapman
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Did you see that quote where Fewell says it's more mental than physical and than compltely contradicts himself by saying he's not big enough.

Isn't that a physical hurdle Perry?
            MORE mental THAN physical. Not ALL mental and NO physical.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

He says, he needs to get the mental down.... that's the biggest part. Then he goes on to say that he ALSO needs to get bigger and stronger. That's not contradiction.... that's inclusion of multiple factors.

Way to exclude the rest of the quote. You should do editorials for FOX News.

"I think he's going to be a dynamic player for us. It's very tough to play in this league, and I think he will get better, and he’ll be a top-flight pick. Maybe not at the end of this season, but he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."
              Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 12-10-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

"Maybe not at the end of this season, but he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."

also his words HH...get a dang hobby

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                  no but where does it say he stinks? he was a project coming in, and he acknowledges that. He was an underclassmen when he came out, and has growing to do mentally and physically....we all know this HH, so does Perry and hes just stating the obvious...quit being such a damn drama queen with every damn thing
                  when the head coach, who would probably openly admit is trying to get the HC gig here can barely muster one good thing to say about the pick, that means he's sucking.

the only nice thing he said was he practices well. terrific. that was what we needed in the off season. I remember the top need was someone who practices well.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Stop putting words in Perry's mouth HH.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
                      when the head coach, who would probably openly admit is trying to get the HC gig here can barely muster one good thing to say about the pick, that means he's sucking.

the only nice thing he said was he practices well. terrific. that was what we needed in the off season. I remember the top need was someone who practices well.

You did exactly what HH wanted you to do and that's read his text and not read the entire article.

This is a classic example of how FOX news can stir up so much garbage.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

hes simply stating the situation as is. its no secret he hasnt done much this year. i dont know many people who thought he WOULD. who said this interview was supposed to be a praise maybin interview. god some of you guys will look for anything to fly off the handle about

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2009

hes simply stating the situation as is. its no secret he hasnt done much this year. i dont know many people who thought he WOULD. who said this interview was supposed to be a praise maybin interview. god some of you guys will look for anything to fly off the handle about
                          Not really. I just hope that people realize he'll NEVER do anything. IDK how many superstars take 2-3 years to figure out how to get to a QB or sack a QB.

We just need to admit that we used the 11th overall pick on Steve Urkel.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2009

I think the point that people are trying to make is it sucks that the 'proffessionals' who run this team knew what we needed. A d end that can put pressure on the QB, and they draft a 4 year project, 1 year starter, 235lb defensive end.

That is just assinine thinking. And choices like that make me worry about future choices. When you hire a scout, he makes suggestions, but he doesn't make the picks.

I can't imagine what this team saw that made them think that Maybin would be better than Orakpo.

AAAAND, if that rational was that Jauron had one foot out the door, then why did he still have 1 foot IN the door? If our plan was to eventually pickup guys for a 3-4, fine, but that clearly wasn't the case.

This was literally as going the wrong way down a one we street.

If we put a button in front of Russ Brandon that said "Do not push" he would push it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

The coach came out and said he practices hard but can't do what we are telling him to do on the field. So he he doesn't play well and he's undersized.

He's talking about our number one pick that we gave $25 million guaranteed to.

Perry isn't going to come out and say the Maybin "sucks" but he went pretty far to say just that.

Guys, it's a fan site. We are here to have fun. Debate the topic. If you think he's going to be good I'd love to hear why!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X