PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report has us taking...

T-Long
12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Ryan Mallett. Thoughts?

Link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/305843-2010-nfl-mock-draft-rounds-1-and-2-how-far-will-dunlap-fall/page/2)

T-Long
12-10-2009, 05:24 PM
WalterFootball has us taking Sam Bradford

Link (http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php)

hydro
:dance3:

I would be all for it. But would kind of rather he play another season in Arkansas...

kernowboy
Mallett at 7th will be a major reach.

I don't think we can afford to reach like we did with Maybin last year. We cannot afford the time to wait for these sophmores to develop.

Dr. Pepper
12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
i think we should lose to KC this sunday so we can take Okung at 5

Demon
12-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm honestly starting to think we are going defense or tackle.

tampabay25690
12-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Mallett is not ready for the PRO game.
needs another year at Arkansas..

Nighthawk
12-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Mallett is not ready for the PRO game.
needs another year at Arkansas..

Peter King said on Sirius the other day that a crazy number of Juniors will come out this year because of the uncertainty of the CBA after this season. This draft could be one of the most loaded that we've seen in years.

Ingtar33
12-10-2009, 05:55 PM
funny, i was looking for videos online for mallet and when i found them i found myself far more impressed with three other players on the Razorbacks. no.29 no.20 and no.3

no.29 Broderick Green is a sophomore RB, who looks solid...
no.20 Ronnie Wingo Jr is a freshman runningback who looks special. very special. that's a kid to keep your eyes on for the next few years.
no.3 Joe Adams is a sophomore WR... he looks like a carbon copy of Deshawn Jackson or Percy Harvin, really impressive. Next year keep an eye on those guys

as for Mallet. he's REALLY inaccurate. REALLY REALLY inaccurate. He makes me feel bad for picking on Bradford for his occasional inaccuracies. He's a far better passer then locker (locker just looks uncomfortable in the pocket)... has a stronger arm then either Clausen or Bradford but is really inaccurate. Physically he looks like Drew Bledsoe (though he doesn't throw like him. Bledsoe had a stronger arm then mallet... and a more accurate one too, the throwing motion is different too)

BTW: Mallet is a sophomore not a junior.

tampabay25690
12-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Peter King said on Sirius the other day that a crazy number of Juniors will come out this year because of the uncertainty of the CBA after this season. This draft could be one of the most loaded that we've seen in years.

I already know that...
But the ?? was what we think of Mallett at #7 and I think its a terrible idea.
Mallett will take at least 2 years to get the PRO game and the BILLS can't wait that long.
2nd round possibly take a chance....

clumping platelets
12-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I'd take Pike or Hiller over Mallett

Ingtar33
12-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I'd take Pike or Hiller over Mallett

yeah.. both Pike and Hiller are far more pro ready then Mallet. Mallet is just green. and he really is inaccurate. i can't stress that enough. Then again after watching Locker... I'd take both pike and hiller over locker too.

Locker is basically a much faster and bigger Colt McCoy with a stronger arm and half the actual passing skills.

Nighthawk
12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
IMO...if you're thinking QB, you go with Clausen, Bradford, Locker or McCoy...other then that, I don't know.

BillsWin
12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
I like Bradford over Mallet, but think Mallet will be better than Locker or Clausen in the long term but struggle in the short term.

Nighthawk
12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I like Bradford over Mallet, but think Mallet will be better than Locker or Clausen in the long term but struggle in the short term.

Isn't Mallet the kid who couldn't produce at Michigan? I don't think he'll be better then Clausen.

hydro
12-10-2009, 06:05 PM
funny, i was looking for videos online for mallet and when i found them i found myself far more impressed with three other players on the Razorbacks. no.29 no.20 and no.3

no.29 Broderick Green is a sophomore RB, who looks solid...
no.20 Ronnie Wingo Jr is a freshman runningback who looks special. very special. that's a kid to keep your eyes on for the next few years.
no.3 Joe Adams is a sophomore WR... he looks like a carbon copy of Deshawn Jackson or Percy Harvin, really impressive. Next year keep an eye on those guys

as for Mallet. he's REALLY inaccurate. REALLY REALLY inaccurate. He makes me feel bad for picking on Bradford for his occasional inaccuracies. He's a far better passer then locker (locker just looks uncomfortable in the pocket)... has a stronger arm then either Clausen or Bradford but is really inaccurate. Physically he looks like Drew Bledsoe (though he doesn't throw like him. Bledsoe had a stronger arm then mallet... and a more accurate one too, the throwing motion is different too)

BTW: Mallet is a sophomore not a junior.

He is a sophomore because he was out last season transferring from michigan. So that makes him out of high school three years which means he is eligible to enter the draft.

Raptor
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm fine with that but he needs to sit a year behind a decent vet

Ingtar33
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM
He is a sophomore because he was out last season transferring from michigan. So that makes him out of high school three years which means he is eligible to enter the draft.

he's still considered a sophomore. i know he transferred and sat a year.

Akhippo
12-10-2009, 06:21 PM
With the influx of Juniors that is predicted, its imperative that we get a FO that knows how to get talent. We could be looking at impact FA's who got pushed out because of this. It might be pretty thin next year at the bottom.

T-Long
12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Isn't Mallet the kid who couldn't produce at Michigan? I don't think he'll be better then Clausen.
Mallett played one year at Michigan, and I think he transferred once Rodriguez was hired because he wouldn't be a fit in his system. I could be wrong, but I think that's what happened.

hydro
12-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Mallett played one year at Michigan, and I think he transferred once Rodriguez was hired because he wouldn't be a fit in his system. I could be wrong, but I think that's what happened.

That is exactly what happened. He quite obviously didn't fit in Rodriguez's system.