PDA

View Full Version : Just to counter the doom and gloom game

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Rather than amplify all the negative stuff... We also must not deny the positive.

Perry Fewell concerning Aaron Maybin.

"He really turns it up a notch in practice and he's really been practicing well for us."

"I think he's going to be a dynamic player for us.

"...he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."

Nighthawk
12-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm not ready to call Maybin a bust yet...

SquishDaFish
12-10-2009, 05:34 PM
HH missed quotes??? NO WAY!! Oh thats right he picks the doomed negative quotes my bad

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2009, 06:15 PM
CEO's of Burlington Coat Factory have a half life of 6 months.

BillsWin
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
HH is a negative poster. He turned it up a notch when OBD traded Peters and hasn't gotten over it since. How have we not learned this yet? I haven't read one of his threads over a week. The monotony of his pessimism was getting to me.

BillsWin
12-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I take that back. I read his QB thread today. For kicks and giggles.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 10:00 PM
either way fewells opinion aint worth a silk painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on

YoungEz
12-11-2009, 03:46 AM
The bills always practice so well... just for some reason it doesn't show during games

DynaPaul
12-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Practicing well doesn't mean much. I wanna see results on the field because it's how you perform IN THE GAME that matters. Jauron always said we practiced well and look where that got us.

HHURRICANE
12-11-2009, 07:51 AM
CEO's of Burlington Coat Factory have a half life of 6 months.

Draz, I laughed pretty hard on this one!! Good comeback.

HHURRICANE
12-11-2009, 07:53 AM
HH is a negative poster. He turned it up a notch when OBD traded Peters and hasn't gotten over it since. How have we not learned this yet? I haven't read one of his threads over a week. The monotony of his pessimism was getting to me.

I give you credit for recognizing when I lost my faith in this team.

A real GM and coach would chnage things very quickly for me but I don't believe at this point that this will happen.

ddaryl
12-11-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm not ready to call Maybin a bust yet...

me either

but I still feel he was the wrong pick for this team last year @ #11. We needed an impact player not a project

HHURRICANE
12-11-2009, 08:33 AM
me either

but I still feel he was the wrong pick for this team last year @ #11. We needed an impact player not a project

Sadly, I'm ready to throw him in bust territory.

This guy played at 225 his last year in college. He puts on 25 pounds in 3 months to get ready for the combine which is impressive but it's obvious that he's probably playing at 230-235 right now. He's so skinny out there that he looks like a frickin WR.

Even if he has a good off-season this guy is not going to be much bigger than 250. He's still too small. When Schobel dropped 20 pounds from 265 to 245 his game left with him.

It's a big man's game and the Bills FO still hasn't figured this out.

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 08:41 AM
me either

can i just ask what team WOULD need a project?

i guess i can understand if you went undefeated the year before, and you were 3 deep with quality players at EVERY POSITION, then ok, maybe you draft this guy cuz he has high charactor and works hard...

the issue for me is that barring a defensive change, i don't think maybin could ever fill the shoes he's expected to! this guy's max size is probably 255-265, and anything above that would hurt his biggest asset, which i suppose is his "quick first step" (something i've never seen)

i guess what i'm trying to say is, unless your a back to back super bowl champ, i don't understand how any team could say "ok we're going to use a first rounder on a project and pay him 25 million bucks"

its just not sound thinking whatsoever

and i wouldn't be surprised to see the pressure on maybin to getting bigger leading him to juicing, and possibly a suspension.

BillsWin
12-11-2009, 02:16 PM
I give you credit for recognizing when I lost my faith in this team.

A real GM and coach would chnage things very quickly for me but I don't believe at this point that this will happen.

It was quite apparent when you took a turn for the worse. The Peters move happened and BAM!

You lit up these boards like the fourth of July with negative thread after negative thread.

:jerry:

I still think there is hope you may return to posting form if we hire Shanahan, hire a respectable football guy to be our GM and address the left tackle position in the first or second round.

:please: