PDA

View Full Version : Really? The Buffalo Bills All-Decade Team

patmoran2006
12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Warning: Some people on this list will make you laugh, or make you cry.

With the decade nearly mercifully over for the Buffalo Bills faithful, it’s time to pick the best of the best, or in this case the least of the worst, and choose our All-Decade Team.

Usually it’s a tall order selecting a team with players that have spanned over ten years. But in this case the task was hardly daunting. I’m sure arguments will ensue about a player that should’ve made the list, though for the most part selections are pretty irrefutable and self explanatory. Plus, when you have a team that’s finished above .500 once this decade, it’s not like the pickings aren’t considerably slimmer than other franchises.

A majority of the players range from brilliant to respectable. Some, in fact most wouldn’t make the all-decade squads of most teams, but they carved out good years and Buffalo and are deserving of recognition.

As for the rest, not so much. You’ll see littered throughout a handful of players to have you rethinking how you coped watching this team for the past decade. And just wait for the last “winner”.

COMPLETE LIST (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/12/really-the-buffalo-bills-all-decade-team/)

Ron Burgundy
12-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Goddamnit, this thread sucks.

Thanks for the memories, Buffalo. You *******s.

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 08:47 AM
wow, that is depressing

the sad thing is, most of those guys got ran out of town like they did something wrong.

then when you look back, some of them represent the best players we've had.

donahoe took a lot of crap but we've gotten worse since he left.

bledsoe took a lot of crap but, i'll say this til i die, if we gave him an o line and a better chance we'd have made the playoffs. he almost took us there in 04 with 1 good receiver.

wow.

ddaryl
12-11-2009, 08:51 AM
all I can do is hope that the next decades list looks better

hopefully we have a list to look at in 2020

The King
12-11-2009, 08:51 AM
bledsoe took a lot of crap but, i'll say this til i die, if we gave him an o line and a better chance we'd have made the playoffs. he almost took us there in 04 with 1 good receiver.

wow.He was a best chance at the playoffs in the last ten years... I'll never forget the feeling I had when I heard we cut him to start the untested JP Losman. Bledsoe had this team buzzing FA's wanted to come here, all of a sudden we were an up and coming team.

patmoran2006
12-11-2009, 09:24 AM
He was a best chance at the playoffs in the last ten years... I'll never forget the feeling I had when I heard we cut him to start the untested JP Losman. Bledsoe had this team buzzing FA's wanted to come here, all of a sudden we were an up and coming team.

Yep..

don137
12-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Boy, talk about a list of the tallest dwarfs.

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Honestly, I personally feel dumping Bledsoe was probably the worst move of the decade.

Losman clearly didn't have the mental aspect down yet. He wasn't ready. It couldn't have hurt to give him another year, (hopefully without breaking a leg) to get accustomed to the system and watch a pro play QB.

Not only was Bledsoe the best QB here this decade, he was the 2nd best over the last 20-30 years.

patmoran2006
12-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Honestly, I personally feel dumping Bledsoe was probably the worst move of the decade.

Losman clearly didn't have the mental aspect down yet. He wasn't ready. It couldn't have hurt to give him another year, (hopefully without breaking a leg) to get accustomed to the system and watch a pro play QB.

Not only was Bledsoe the best QB here this decade, he was the 2nd best over the last 20-30 years.

Worst Moves of the decade
1) Hiring Levy as "GM" who in turned hired Jauron.

2) Drafting Mike Williams

3) Letting Pat Williams walk

OpIv37
12-11-2009, 09:54 AM
There is a lot of crap on that list, but I really can't argue with most of it because they really were the best players we had. What a horrid decade.

My lone point of contention is Whitner. I would have put Troy Vincent in his place. Vincent played S for us on the 03 and 04 squads that were ranked #2 in overall D. He also provided invaluable leadership and was the "quarterback" of the D in Jerry Gray's 46.

madness
12-11-2009, 10:00 AM
If that list is going to make you cry...

bigbub2352
12-11-2009, 10:01 AM
God that is a sad wake up call to how bad we really were these last 10 yrs
Levy
Donohoe
Greg Williams
Mike Mularkey
Skeletor
modrak
guy
then the free agent busts
and draft busts
i cant believe we are all still here shows how passionate all the bills fans are... damn it Ralph Blow it up

patmoran2006
12-11-2009, 10:03 AM
There is a lot of crap on that list, but I really can't argue with most of it because they really were the best players we had. What a horrid decade.

My lone point of contention is Whitner. I would have put Troy Vincent in his place. Vincent played S for us on the 03 and 04 squads that were ranked #2 in overall D. He also provided invaluable leadership and was the "quarterback" of the D in Jerry Gray's 46.

Very valid point, though I only remember Vincent playing Safety in 2005 full time.

justasportsfan
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Flutie may not have had Bledsoe's nos. but he did what he had to do to win games. Drew had nice nos. but he also made bonehead mistakes that lost us a ton of games. I'd take Flutie over Drew as bills.

streetkings01
12-11-2009, 10:19 AM
If were were able to pay the money and keep that core of players around.....we would be an old defense but we would still be very very good!

Imagine our defense looking like this......

DE Schobel
DE Kelsay
NT P. Williams
DE Stroud
MLB Fletcher
OLB Spikes
OLB Poz
CB Winfield
CB Clements
SS Whitner
FS Byrd

I know this roster couldn't look like this due to money, but that would be a very good defense right now........top 15 in every category imo.

streetkings01
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM

My lone point of contention is Whitner. I would have put Troy Vincent in his place. Vincent played S for us on the 03 and 04 squads that were ranked #2 in overall D. He also provided invaluable leadership and was the "quarterback" of the D in Jerry Gray's 46.Vincent didn't sign with us until 04.......he got hurt in 04 against the Raiders. McGee was playing so good replacing him that we moved Vincent to FS where he had a good 1/2 season and sucked ass in 2005!

justasportsfan
12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Vincent also had a better supporting cast especially up front and a better coach and system in ...Lebeau.

DrGraves
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
The funny thing that if we could play with that roster as opposed to our current one we'd probably be just as bad still.

patmoran2006
12-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Sweet.. Just hit espn.com with this
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7585/afc-east-headlines-rhodes-cross

patmoran2006
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Someone emailed me a vailid point.

Should've highly considered Gandy over Villarrial.

Slim
12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Worst Moves of the decade
1) Hiring Levy as "GM" who in turned hired Jauron.

2) Drafting Mike Williams

3) Letting Pat Williams walk

Pat Williams hated Buffalo. We had no choice, he would have left regardless. He hated the management of this team and he HATED Drew Bledsoe. I doubt any of these things were made public, but it's true.

streetkings01
12-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Vincent also had a better supporting cast especially up front and a better coach and system in ...Lebeau.Vincent didn't sign with us until 2004.......he was apart of Gray's system not Lebeau!

BillsWin
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
What a debacle of a decade resulting in constant disappointment.

SABURZFAN
12-11-2009, 04:47 PM
i'm surprised the Lickers aren't whining that Lossman got screwed here too.

malo
12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Some of those players should still be here. That's part of the problem.

yordad
12-11-2009, 05:51 PM
We would finish 7-9 with that as a roster.