• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

The Bills are going to blow it all up

I don't have espn insider, but there's a story on the main page with the title "The Bills are going to blow it all up." And it says that they have contacted Dungy again. I hadn't heard that they had contacted him in the first place.

Anyway, can someone with insider give us a summary of what the article says? Thanks.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The Bills are going to blow it all up

I couldn't find anything about "blow it all up", but I did find this on Dungy:

Bills contact Dungy again?
    10:09AM ET
    Tony Dungy | Colts | Interested: Bills?
    Top Email

Back in November, there was a rumor that linked the Buffalo Bills' coaching vacancy to Tony Dungy. Dungy indicated he was happy in his current job as an analyst and in his player development role with the league, but that the idea of rebuilding a once-proud franchise was enticing.

In an appearance on Friday morning on the Dan Patrick Show, Dungy had two revelations: he was contacted through a third party regarding the Notre Dame position prior to Brian Kelly's hire, and an NFL team -- that he would not name -- placed a call with him on Thursday.

We know that the Bills are basically going on the "whatever it takes" philosophy in hiring their next coach, so perhaps the call to Dungy this week -- speculative, of course -- was to sweeten the deal they may have offered him in the past. This is wildly hypothetical, but mindful of the fact that the team needs a QB, and this year's crop of draft picks is relatively weak, perhaps the Bills have an interest in both Dungy and his mentoree, Michael Vick. Speaking about Vick earlier this season, Dungy called the Bills a "dark horse" candidate to acquire him for 2010.

At the very least, if hired by the Bills Dungy would get to choose his own receivers coach. Maybe he'd bring this guy along.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

they even admit this is "wildly speculative", but how many other teams could even be contacting him about their coaching vacancy? Am I correct in thinking we're the only one currently with just an interim coach?
      Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 12-11-2009, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

The link to the ESPN Insider article about Dungy is called "The Bills are going to blow it all up."

A few paragraphs down is this:

"Confirming a rumor that was being bounced around the Internet for about a week, Buffalo Bills receivers coach Tyke Tolbert is leaving the team to take on a similar role at LSU, according to the Buffalo News.

But there's a deeper impact to his departure and its timing, albeit a bit speculative. This horizontal move by Tolbert could mean that there are internal whispers going around the Bills' personnel that a major house-cleaning is on the way, and they should be exploring some other options. We know the team is poised to hire a new head coach, and that new coach will probably want to bring in his own assistants. It's possible that Tolbert -- an LSU alum -- saw this as a sign that he wouldn't have a job in Buffalo next season, and he wanted to make sure he was employed. After all, given the Bills' relative struggles, some of his colleagues might not find their next job so easily."

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2009

Tolbert doesn't deserve a job.

I've never seen such talent at WR do so little.

Say what you want about our QB's but Lee can't beat anybody for a catch and TO is having his worst season ever. Josh Reed is a ghost, Roscoe can't see the field and neither can Steve Johnson.

Wow, this team is just a disaster. It'd be funny if I didn't care so much.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

Say what you want about our QB's but Lee can't beat anybody for a catch and TO is having his worst season ever. Josh Reed is a ghost, Roscoe can't see the field and neither can Steve Johnson.

Dude....you cant downplay our horrible QB's...if we had a legit QB Lee and TO could be pro bowlers.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
              Dude....you cant downplay our horrible QB's...if we had a legit QB Lee and TO could be pro bowlers.
              TO could...Lee is a 1 trick pony. Speed. I don't ever remember him running after a catch, going over the middle, or making a grab in traffic.

He's probably a top 10 wr at the deep ball, and at footwork when it comes to getting feet in bounds.

Our QB's suck, I'm not downplaying it, but I've seen several picks over the last couple years, thrown in Lee's direction, that he should have at least stopped from being picks, god forbid won the battle and made the grab.

His one big play for me was the one vs the Jets, which he only made cuz his BF Losman was back in.

Comment

• methos4ever
                • Apr 2004

Well, Whitner can void his contract at the end of the year, so that's one less draft pick for people to complain about....

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  Reggie Wayne, Ochocinco, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Hines Ward, Randy Moss, Wes Welker.

Lee ain't ever going to no probowl lol.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by methos4ever
                    Well, Whitner can void his contract at the end of the year, so that's one less draft pick for people to complain about....
                    REALLY?!??!?!?!

Comment

• elltrain22
                      • Sep 2003

alls I gotta say about Tony Dungy possibly coaching here would be...

If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

dungy said it was NOT the bills who contacted him again.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

Yeah, Evans was a bum under Tolbert...

Evans has more receiving yards, is tied for the most receiving TDs and has the second-most receptions than any Bills receiver through his first five seasons…he also has six 70-plus yard TD receptions, a team record and the most in the NFL since 2000
                          I don't see how Evans would have been any better with an actual decent QB or OL. I do have one bad thing to say about Tolbert, he sure did a patchwork job preparing Colston for the NFL.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Tolbert has been a very underrated coach and will be missed. You guys really don't give Evans enough credit. And don't forget about Reed. He's been our most underrated player on offense for a while. The only reason why our WRs suck sometimes is because we have pathetic bums at QB.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              dungy said it was NOT the bills who contacted him again.
                              where/when did he say this?

Comment

Working...
                              X