PDA

View Full Version : Forget about the Doom and Gloom this is what is Attractive to our next Head Coach/GM

bigbub2352
12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I have been on this site for a Long time, and am usually negative, but since it is the season to be Merry!! i figured i would start a positive thread and talk about the things that will be attractive for the Bills Organization in there pursuit of the next Head Coach and GM.

Offense:
Quarterback:
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm
We all know Fitz isnt a starter but he is a young proven backup in this league who is locked up, and Brohm is a developing prospect with loads of potential and a stellar college career, if the right offense is installed and a real teaching coach brought aboard we mite have our franchise QB sitting the bench right now in Brohm hey u never know!

RunningBack:
Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson:
many have said to trade Lynch, sorry but that makes no sense at all...
this gives us 2 solid proven RBs that can start and co-exsist with each other and both have proven to be effective catchign the ball out of the backfeild, and willing to play whatever role is dealt them.

Fullback:
If we are gonna use 1 get a real 1 in here Corey Mcyntire is horrible

WRs:
Lee Evans, James Hardy, Steve Johnson:
nevermind this season and the half-ass coaches there is talent here.

James Hardy at the very least is a redzone nightmare for oppossing teams, and is still developing and very young, what a fresh start can do for him mite be just what he needs.

Steve Johnson is a big target with great hands and good route running ability, why the coaching staff hasnt got him on the feild only points to one thing, the over paying of Reed, and TO and Evans have kept the development of him down on the dpeth chart kinda sad

Lee Evans a proven deep threat with excellent hands, and a good locker room guy, willing to take whatever the Bills have dished to him, now with new management and a new arm throwing to him should only make him better

Tight End:
Shawn Nelson, Joe Klopenstein, Jonathan Stupar
on any team with an offense Shawn would probably had a tremendous rookie campaign, providing he can stay on the feild, this kid has all the skills to be a number 1 TE in this league and a redzone threat that we havent had here since Reimersma. Klopenstein and Stupar in my opinion are better than Fine and Schouman and provides great blocking and big frame's and can stay on the feild, not like Fine and Schouman way to injury prone.

OLINE:
Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Geoff Hangartner, Demetrius Bell, Brad Butler, Kendall Simmons and Jamon Meredith
Make no mistake about it our interior is set for years to come barring Wood's injury allowing him to come back to form, these guys were not the problem all year the Tackles and coaching staff were, meredith and bell provide good solid young depth for next yr and Simmons provides good interior depth. Brad Butler who was outstanding (in my opinion) at RT will come back form injury as well.. alot better situation next year then this year

Defense:

Defensive End:
Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin, Chris Ellis
If i was a New Regime this are the only 3 players i would keep around
Maybin and Ellis need to play more and being stuck behind in effective overpaid passrushless players like Kelsay and Denney has not only hampered Development but made us the worst run defense in the league
Schobel give us a proven comodity on one side, and Maybin has tons of potential and maybe out of position anyways, Ellis needs to play.

Defensive Tackle:
Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson
If i were a new regime change, these are the only 3 players i would be looking at. and man in my opinion are they suited better for a 3-4 anyways
Stroud is a proven player in this league, and Williams is a bull when he plays, Spencer provides depth at DT and DE and plays his ass off.

Linebacker:
Paul Posluzny, Kawika Mitchell, Nic Harris, Ashlee Palmer
Mitchell and Poz need to swap positions or both go to the middle in a 3-4 chalk up there experiance so far as Bills under horrible scheme and horrible coaching... Palmer and Harris provide good young athletic depth and should probably be on the feild more over stree free agents like Buggs and Draft this yr again comes down to coaching....

CornerBack:
Terrance McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Ellis Lankster, Reggie Corner, Carey Harris
We got our starting 3 CBs locked up for next yr in McGee Mckelvin and Flornece and excellent young depth in Corner, Lankster(who should be returning kicks right now) and Harris, u dont even need to draft 1 this yr (you hear that Skeletor? no Dbs in the draft this yr )

Strong Safety:
Bryan Scott, Donte Whitner, George Wilson
personally i think Scott should start next to Byrd and Whitner can provide depth or the new regime can cut him in favor of George Wilson and i would be fine with that, Scott Provides excellent run support, makes plays, and hits
Wilson makes plays as well, and i think Whitner stays around cause of his age, were we drafted him and that he is still under contract

Free Safety:
Jarious Byrd, George Wilson, Donte Whitner
Byrd is the Word and the Ballhawking safety we have been looking for since Kurt Schultz left us let the kid play centerfeild and reak havoc on oppossing QBs, Wilson can provide depth at both spots as does Whitner if he survives the regime change.

Punter/Kicker/Longsnapper:
Rian Lindell, Brian Morrman, Garrison Sanborn
Both locked up and both proven Vets at the kicking positions, and i have been more than impressed by Sanborn's snapping ability given his youth a potistion we dont have to worry about for a long time

Just thought it was time to show some positive light on the doom and gloom that this decade has brought us.... GO BILLS
New Regime, New Vets, and a solid draft and rebuild is on its way!

bigbub2352
12-11-2009, 01:31 PM
if any proven head coach were to get his hands on this roster with an actual plan in place the rebuild process would be alot less painful and quicker as well

jamze132
12-12-2009, 12:14 AM
There is a serious lack of talent on our team, at the most important positions, but there are also a few very good players. What has hurt this team and the career's of some of our players is the debacle of a coaching staff we have had for 4+ years.

Boomstick
12-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Good job with the Shultz and Reimersma references... we've needed players like these 2 for quite a while now.

bigbub2352
12-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Its not like there is no talent it shows that this team has promise in the wings, its time to be out with the old and in with the new

SABURZFAN
12-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Its not like there is no talent it shows that this team has promise in the wings, its time to be out with the old and in with the new

i would have to throw the owner in there as well.