PDA

View Full Version : Why No ESPN NEW YORK?

BuffaloBlitz83
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
They have espnboston.com,espnchicago.com WTF. New York is the greatest city in the country. The greatest sports city too. Is there a reason?

psubills62
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
They have espnboston.com,espnchicago.com WTF. New York is the greatest city in the country. The greatest sports city too. Is there a reason?

I thought that's what the regular ESPN was. Aren't they essentially ESPN NY in all but name?

The King
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
suckas

RockStar36
12-11-2009, 11:22 AM
It will come eventually. They are slowly phasing in the cities.

Al the Bills Fan
12-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I thought that's what the regular ESPN was. Aren't they essentially ESPN NY in all but name?

I think you are thinking Boston. ESPN and ESPN Boston are pretty much the same thing. ESPN has there heads so far up the Patriots and Red Sox ass it isn't funny

SquishDaFish
12-11-2009, 11:32 AM
ESPN is from CT not Boston. But yes all the main cities are getting phased in one at a time. Of course Boston would be first they are the closest.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-11-2009, 11:33 AM
I think you are thinking Boston. ESPN and ESPN Boston are pretty much the same thing. ESPN has there heads so far up the Patriots and Red Sox ass it isn't funny

This.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
ESPN is from CT not Boston. But yes all the main cities are getting phased in one at a time. Of course Boston would be first they are the closest.

Why than Chicago? And why Boston over NY. NY is the better city.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2009, 11:38 AM
New York is the greatest city in the country. The greatest sports city too. Is there a reason?

New York only great team is the Yankees. The Mets suck.

The Giants and Jets don't even play in New York and their names should be New Jersey Giants/Jets.

The only football team that plays in New York stinks, Buffalo.

College football is a joke in New York.

NBA: The Knicks suck worse than the Bills.

Hockey: Is insignificant. Not to mention Buffalo never won a Cup, the Rangers haven't won since the '93-'94 season, and the Islanders since the 82-83 season.

Syracuse Basketball usually does well.

RockStar36
12-11-2009, 11:43 AM

Chicago was first.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-11-2009, 11:50 AM
New York only great team is the Yankees. The Mets suck.

The Giants and Jets don't even play in New York and their names should be New Jersey Giants/Jets.

The only football team that plays in New York stinks, Buffalo.

College football is a joke in New York.

NBA: The Knicks suck worse than the Bills.

Hockey: Is insignificant. Not to mention Buffalo never one a Cup, the Rangers haven't won since the '93-'94 season, and the Islanders since the 82-83 season.

Syracuse Basketball usually does well.

Not just about winning. It regards television ratings, merchandise sales, attendance, suites, sponsorships, fan base, ownership. And giants and jets are a ny team regardless if they play in meadowlands.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2009, 11:54 AM
And giants and jets are a ny team regardless if they play in meadowlands.
Nothing about the Giants/Jets is New York.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2009, 11:56 AM
How would you feel if the Bills moved to Toronto full time but kept the name Buffalo Bills?

BuffaloBlitz83
12-11-2009, 12:04 PM
How would you feel if the Bills moved to Toronto full time but kept the name Buffalo Bills?

meadowlands is 5 minutes from Manhattan. You can't have a stadium in Manhattan. There is a reason the new giants stadium is still in east rutherford.

Toronto is a different country. If you polled fans of other cities they'd consider the jets and giants ny teams and consider buffalo more canada team due to location in western ny. The average fan correlates ny to manhattan/nyc. It sucks but it is what it is.

SquishDaFish
12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Why than Chicago? And why Boston over NY. NY is the better city.

NY is not the better city sorry. Thats your opinion because your a Yankee lover.

SquishDaFish
12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
And the Giants/Jets should be called the New JERSEY Jets or Giants not NY.

DMBcrew36
12-11-2009, 12:26 PM
NY is not the better city sorry. Thats your opinion because your a Yankee lover.

Boston is hands down the better city. Their sports teams infuriate me and their fans are among the biggest bandwaggoners in sports, but the city itself is amazing.

TedMock
12-11-2009, 12:44 PM
I actually prefer Chicago and DC over NY. I'm a huge Yanks fan, but I'd rather love in the Chicago or DC areas. Just an opinion.

Raptor
12-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Its the media capital of the world, they get plenty of coverage so I really dont think they need an ESPN dedicated to them

Block "O"
12-11-2009, 04:53 PM
NYC is not a great city. Its a cesspool. I wish they would break off from the rest of the state, they are an embarrasment. Oh yea... your mayor Bloomberg sucks to.

malo
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM

CT, especially that area, considers themselves "New England."

Yasgur's Farm
12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
They have espnboston.com,espnchicago.com WTF. New York is the greatest city in the country. The greatest sports city too. Is there a reason?Because David Patterson would tax the piss out of ESPN!!

Bravo82
12-11-2009, 05:00 PM
NYC is not a great city. Its a cesspool. I wish they would break off from the rest of the state, they are an embarrasment. Oh yea... your mayor Bloomberg sucks to.

:banned:

Yasgur's Farm
12-11-2009, 05:02 PM
NYC is not a great city. Its a cesspool. I wish they would break off from the rest of the state, they are an embarrasment. Oh yea... your mayor Bloomberg sucks to.1 good sunami should do it!

BuffaloBlitz83
12-11-2009, 05:21 PM

Connect it to Canada. Make it a new Province.

Night Train
12-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Why no ESPN Gary, Indiana !

Demon
12-11-2009, 05:30 PM

Chicago was the first.

And location doesn't matter. It's a web site. They hire reporters for those markets who live in those markets.

NY and LA got to be the next ones. But i doubt they go much further then that.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Chicago was the first.

And location doesn't matter. It's a web site. They hire reporters for those markets who live in those markets.

NY and LA got to be the next ones. But i doubt they go much further then that.

I think Philadelphia gets 1 too. Big sports town.

Demon
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
^^ yea, very true.

DrGraves
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
wrong new york used to be the best city in the world no its just... ehh whatever.

DrGraves
12-11-2009, 07:00 PM
nyc also breeds some of the crappiest people on the face of the earth: guidos

Demon
12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Just saw an ad on SC.... ESPNLosAngeles.com is launching Monday.