PDA

View Full Version : TO won't be back - confirmation

Jeff1220
12-11-2009, 01:17 PM
He basically said so in an interview w/Freddie Mitchell on a Philly ESPN radio station....

If I could, would I like to play in Philly? Who knows," Owens said. "I'm just focusing on my last year here in Buffalo . . . these last four games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/11/to-freddie-mitchell-have-a-philly-love-fest/

Don't let the conjecture of his previous statements fool you. He obviously won't be back.

EDS
12-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Not exactly a revelation. Highy doubtful any new coach would want him.

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 01:21 PM
i dont blame him. im still in shock that Evans signed an extension.

mybills
12-11-2009, 01:22 PM
although he called Mitchell's suggestion that he could be an Eagle next year "a little far-fetched."

Beastie Bills
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
i dont blame him. im still in shock that Evans signed an extension.

You're in shock that a #2 receiver agreed to a contract making him the second highest paid receiver in the NFL?

PromoTheRobot
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
A player sucking up to a home town sports station? I'm shocked. "Philly fans are awesome! (slobber, slobber)"

PTR

Jeff1220
12-11-2009, 01:42 PM
The point is that a few days ago, TO clearly said he could be a Bill next season. However, here, he shows that he's clearly eliminated that possibility from the picture.

mybills
12-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't say "clearly eliminated". He just says what people want to hear.

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
You're in shock that a #2 receiver agreed to a contract making him the second highest paid receiver in the NFL?

No im shocked he wants to play for a team who hasnt had a steady QB, Oline or coach since hes been here. It has to be frustrating as hell to be a WR on this team

FlyingDutchman
12-11-2009, 01:51 PM
and a team who hasnt sniffed the playoffs

Dying_-2-_Live
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Philly fans... are nowhere close... to the PASSION OF BEING A BUFFALO BILLS FAN

Jeff1220
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM

He must be talking about how much louder they booo at their own players.

SquishDaFish
12-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Well it is his last year in Buffalo no?? Is he saying theres no chance I resign here next year? NO. All he says is he has to play out the rest of his contract basically. Man some people look to far into some stuff

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 02:14 PM

when he was in Philly they were almost unbeatable.

he was describe, not by himself but sports broadcasters as "the closest thing to unstoppable that has been seen at wr"

i mean come on. if a team is headed to the super bowl, of course the fans are wilder.

if we were 8-5 right now he'd be singing the Shout song on the radio, no doubt about it.

Joe Fo Sho
12-11-2009, 02:30 PM
That is not a "confirmation."

The Juice Is Loose
12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
flying douTcheman why aren't you calling the original poster a moron for twisting around a story?

first of all, nobody here heard it directly.

second of all, mike florio of PFT is the source of this story, and we all know he twists EVERYTHING around. especially about TO.

Demon
12-11-2009, 02:34 PM
That is not a "confirmation."

I gotta say, some people on this forum, way over read so many things. What was T.O. expected to say? He's only here for 4 more games before we blow everything up. He has no idea if the people we hire will even want him. He's focusing on his final 4 games of his contract. That is not a confirmation at all.

Jeff1220
12-11-2009, 03:28 PM
"Last year" in Buffalo is what he said. That would make more sense if he had even been here for a full year, but that's not the way someone who plans on being around talks (which he just said a week ago could happen). If he truly thought he'd be around he wouldn't talk like it's already over.

I don't think I'm reading all that far into it.

And btw, Juice, are you indirectly calling me a moron?

ParanoidAndroid
12-11-2009, 03:30 PM
...."my last year in Buffalo."
What is there to read into? It sounds pretty plain to me.

Ummm..... he might have slipped on that one.

Jeff1220
12-11-2009, 03:34 PM
flying douTcheman why aren't you calling the original poster a moron for twisting around a story?

first of all, nobody here heard it directly.

second of all, mike florio of PFT is the source of this story, and we all know he twists EVERYTHING around. especially about TO.

That was directly out of TO's mouth. There was nothing for Florio to twist there.

SquishDaFish
12-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Well it technically is his LAST year here in Buffalo. Does he have a guarantee to come back?? No. So what is he supposed to say?? Ill prob be back next year so im playing my final 4 games and next year our. Come on now man

Jeff1220
12-11-2009, 04:00 PM
I swear, some people here are just contrarians.
It was a question directly related to his future and he said this is "my last year in Buffalo"

not "final year of my contract"
not "we'll see what happens with the Bills"

Again, I really don't think you have to be an expert in psychology or literary criticism or anything else to read those words and have a pretty good idea of his intentions.

SquishDaFish
12-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Reading too much into it IMO

G Wolly
12-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I swear, some people here are just contrarians.
It was a question directly related to his future and he said this is "my last year in Buffalo"

not "final year of my contract"
not "we'll see what happens with the Bills"

Again, I really don't think you have to be an expert in psychology or literary criticism or anything else to read those words and have a pretty good idea of his intentions.

Be an expert in common sense and realize he signed a 1 year contract. If we don't want him back and offer up a contract, this is his "last year in Buffalo"

Just admit you over read the statement.

Novacane
12-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Good. I don't want the Bills to resign him.

SABURZFAN
12-11-2009, 04:39 PM
i don't blame him. this team is more ****ed up than a soup sandwich.

Syderick
12-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Bills will probably give him an offer

starrymessenger
12-11-2009, 05:13 PM
TO

starrymessenger
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Try again. TO should play in NY with the Giants. A good QB and a team one dominant WR away from being a legitimate contender.

Night Train
12-11-2009, 05:27 PM
But..but...I had my popcorn ready !

Stewie
12-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I think T.O. is going to be a Chicago Bear next year.

billistic
12-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Buffalo News headline:

Buffalo/Erie County Suicide Rate Jumps Dramatically upon News that Turdell Owens May Leave Bills: Scant Survivors Despondent

billistic
12-11-2009, 07:45 PM
The Lede: Bodies swinging from trees in the arctic winds glittered with fresh snow as funeral wagon bells echoed throughout Western New York.

mybills
12-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm not believing anything until it officially comes from the Bills.

jamze132
12-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I was kind of hoping we would have traded him before the deadline. Good riddance.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2009, 10:06 AM
you can take that with a grain of salt. we won't know anything until the new coach is announced.

The Juice Is Loose
12-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I was kind of hoping we would have traded him before the deadline. Good riddance.

Why good riddance? Whats he done wrong?

SABURZFAN
12-12-2009, 12:15 PM
But..but...I had my popcorn ready !

and Orville Reddenbacher thanks you for buying it.

Typ0
12-12-2009, 12:22 PM
he's talking about not even being in the "next year" mode because he's under contract right now and it's for this year.

I'll be happy if he's gone we don't need slackers.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Who cares. We aren't interested in signing him. We have bigger holes to fill

sign Ruud or Dansby and McNeil

Novacane
12-12-2009, 01:43 PM

dropped passes that could have been game changing plays. Quit when games were out of reach.

G Wolly
12-12-2009, 02:34 PM
dropped passes that could have been game changing plays. Quit when games were out of reach.

But at those times he had only gotten like 10 looks. And if you drop 4 or 5 out of 10 that looks bad.

But if he had 25+chances you'd feel different.

jamze132
12-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Man, where do I start?

He's dropped more passes than Tiger Woods in a bar.

He's taking away valuable playing time from some of our younger receivers. If we were a playoff caliber team, I wouldn't mind TO being on the roster, but since we suck balls yet again, our young guys need to get on the field.

He whines and *****es when he didn't get the ball thrown to him enough, now our QBs are locking onto him and Evans is being hung out to dry.

If the ball doesn't land in his chest, he won't try for it which has lead to more than one interception.

I could go on but I don't want to think about his outstanding play this year.

mybills
12-13-2009, 09:26 AM
I like TO. :up:

more cowbell
12-13-2009, 10:15 AM
who cares this guy is a completely over-rated joke who was only signed to sell tickets.

Reasons He Sucks:

1. The only thing he does consistently is NOT put forth any effort on running plays. It's a dead giveaway when we are running because of his body language breaking the huddle.

2. He drops more balls than ANY wr I have ever seen. In fact if he wasn't "T.O." and some average player like he really is, then im willing to bet that everyone on this board would think he sucks and want him gone.

3. He's a little ***** and wants Ryan Fitzpatrick to start because he throws the ball downfield. Regardless of how rediculous Fitzpatrick is as a starting QB T.O.'s stats have been better so what does he care about wins? He has teams to attract in the offseason.

4. He's old. It's simple he is NOT the T.O. of even 2 years ago.

Joe Fo Sho
12-13-2009, 11:08 AM
3. He's a little ***** and wants Ryan Fitzpatrick to start because he throws the ball downfield. Regardless of how rediculous Fitzpatrick is as a starting QB T.O.'s stats have been better so what does he care about wins? He has teams to attract in the offseason.

Trent does a better job of winning?