X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malo
    • Sep 2009

Chris Brown Throws Jauron Under the Bus. Excuses Guy and Modrak

Makes me puke to think this is the company line.

Dear Chris,

I'm so happy I can cry now that Jauron was finally fired for his failures here. Any word on when Guy and Modrak will get fired too? They are equally as much of a failure as Jauron.

- Malo

His Response:

I think you'd be surprised to know how little power they held when it came down to final say. Sure they did all the information gathering and made their recommendations on free agents and draft prospects, but at the end of the day they did not have final say. Dick Jauron wielded far more power on personnel decisions than some might believe. As a result in many cases he had final say and just had to run it by Mr. Wilson. Mr. Wilson also had final say on a lot of decisions. Guy and Modrak were part of the process, but when it came to making calls on players to acquire it was not up to them.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Chris Brown Throws Jauron Under the Bus. Excuses Guy and Modrak

very surprising to hear...so what is the point of having a college personnel dept if those guys only can make recommendations but really have no power? Maybe a lot of the blame doesn't go on those guys...cuz who knows? They could have wanted someone like Oher, Cushing, etc and Dick went with Maybin (and the list goes on...)

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

That's some great insight!

Comment

• starrymessenger
        • Oct 2009

Wouldn't surprise me if this was true. Look at the # of DBs we drafted. I have always suspected that DJ sucked the life out of this franchise in many different ways. All this junk about what a nice guy he was. He was a cancer.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

I don't think he is excusing Guy and Modrak. He didn't say they would be retained, either. He just said that final decisions on personnel weren't their call. That is really terrifying and explains a lot about why the Bills make such bad moves. Jauron had a lot of power, and Ralph was actually making final decisions also. Granted, Ralph is the owner, but still, he should not be involved in personnel decisions at this point. I'm sure Brandon was involved as well. So you have Guy and Modrak as order takers, and Jauron (a guy that has proven he is not a winning coach), Wilson (89 years old or whatever he is), and Brandon (a non-football guy) making the decisions.

Please make this stop! Get some real guys in here!

Comment

• Block "O"
            lowering the bar with every post
            • Sep 2008

Why does anyone listen to Chris Brown aside when you want to know when they're doing autograph signings or when the Bills will be wearing throwbacks? Brown is a stooge and just tows the company line.

Comment

• T-Long
              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Block "O"
              Why does anyone listen to Chris Brown aside when you want to know when they're doing autograph signings or when the Bills will be wearing throwbacks? Brown is a stooge and just tows the company line.
              That is usually the case...but this was a personal email and some real insight that he can't really post on bb.com. Someone should go post it over there..he will get his ass kicked by Ralph!

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I have a better idea.

Hire someone dynamic and get rid of all of them, so we don't need to guess where the weak link is . Just carpetbomb the entire building.
                Last edited by Night Train; 12-11-2009, 06:02 PM.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

When Guy and Modrak are gone, Brown will throw them under the bus too.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Demon
                    When Guy and Modrak are gone, Brown will throw them under the bus too.
                    Sounds about right.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Bravo82
                      • Aug 2008

Congratulations on your first ever p0ast on this site that didn't suck

Comment

• Homegrown
                        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                        • Jul 2008

Maybe Chris Brown is the real power behind Bills player evaluation, and he's just trying to blame DJ ?

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

I've read of a few instances where Modrak has been overruled on draft picks when he was right.

You have to wonder how he was this great talent evaluator in Philly, only to come here and "fail."
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Thurmal
                            I've read of a few instances where Modrak has been overruled on draft picks when he was right.

You have to wonder how he was this great talent evaluator in Philly, only to come here and "fail."
                            Fail? I thought you said he was right? Or is that the reason for the quotes?

BTW, do you have any specifics?
                            Last edited by yordad; 12-11-2009, 07:58 PM.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

If Chris Brown actually thinks that Modrak or Guy should have final say over personnel decisions than he knows even less about football than I assumed.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X