PDA

View Full Version : We don't need Biron or anyone else as backup

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-11-2009, 09:24 PM
We can stop with all the Biron coming back to Buffalo BS! it's not happening. LaLime is a good backup goalie he didn't look bad against Ottawa his last start he's a backup goalie that's all he is. The Sabres were smart by sending him to Portland for reconditioning assignment he looked like a different goalie tonight got his confidence back.

SabreEleven
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
One win does not make a good backup

DMBcrew36
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Finally, a decent thread by you.

I think Lalime has played well, and when he does lose or gets lit up, it's often been a result of the team playing like **** in front of him. He played well last game, despite losing the game. While Biron is an upgrade, it's not worth the cost to get him when Lalime should be able to handle the load. Now, if Miller were to get hurt (knock on wood), I would say that getting Biron is definitely a good idea.

Ebenezer
12-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I'll remove Biron from my wish list when LaLime has four or five games like this.

Nighthawk
12-11-2009, 10:52 PM
We can stop with all the Biron coming back to Buffalo BS! it's not happening. LaLime is a good backup goalie he didn't look bad against Ottawa his last start he's a backup goalie that's all he is. The Sabres were smart by sending him to Portland for reconditioning assignment he looked like a different goalie tonight got his confidence back.

You're on crack if you think Lalame is good enough...he isn't! One game doesn't replace all of the other poor performances from this guy. With every post you do, it proves your ignorance.

SabreEleven
12-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Finally, a decent thread by you.

I think Lalime has played well, and when he does lose or gets lit up, it's often been a result of the team playing like **** in front of him. He played well last game, despite losing the game. While Biron is an upgrade, it's not worth the cost to get him when Lalime should be able to handle the load. Now, if Miller were to get hurt (knock on wood), I would say that getting Biron is definitely a good idea.

Decent thread, Really? He is doing his typical over reacting.

SkateZilla
12-11-2009, 11:47 PM
on win vs a team that has barely scored more than 2 goals a game, with exception of lighting up S.J.

G Wolly
12-12-2009, 12:02 AM
He did have some great, key stops tonight. But he's still not a solid backup.

I give credit to Miller for the last few games that gave us the momentum rolling into this one.

pjw
12-12-2009, 08:43 AM
I really think he should replace Miller after a start like that, We can ride this guy to a Stanley Cup. While he is at it I think he should be the QB tomorrow for the Bills.

G Wolly
12-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I really think he should replace Miller after a start like that, We can ride this guy to a Stanley Cup. While he is at it I think he should be the QB tomorrow for the Bills.

And let's thrown him in as mayor of Buffalo, Patty gets **** done.

Ingtar33
12-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll remove Biron from my wish list when LaLime has four or five games like this.

yep

DrGraves
12-12-2009, 01:48 PM
lalime is too slow moving post to post...

hydro
12-12-2009, 01:56 PM
lalime is too slow moving post to post...

And slow to get off his ass. Saw him last night putting everything he had into getting up. Thought he was going to slip and fall back down again!

G Wolly
12-12-2009, 02:42 PM
And slow to get off his ass. Saw him last night putting everything he had into getting up. Thought he was going to slip and fall back down again!

I noticed that too. Lalime is old, his time's up. Goalie is the position where you need the most energy/stamina/quickness to recover your position. And his tank is well enough on E.

ddaryl
12-13-2009, 02:28 PM
I would drop lalime in less then a heartbeat if it meant Biron was coming back

RockStar36
12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
IF Biron even came back, it would be temporary for the rest of this season and then he would be gone again. Lalime will be gone after this season as well so it's really all about how well Lalime can do from this point going forward. If he plays like he did against Chicago when he gets the start, I'm fine with leaving him in the backup role for the rest of the season. Like said above, he'll need to have quite a few more games like that to have me fully convinced though.

rbochan
12-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Have we traded Miller yet so we have cap space to sign Lalime long-term?

G Wolly
12-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Have we traded Miller yet so we have cap space to sign Lalime long-term?

Why trade Miller alone when we can get rid of Vanek too?

We need more room to re-sign Connolly too, remember?

SpillerThrills
12-14-2009, 08:00 PM

we did that last year.... Maybe we can extend Gerbe this year....

rbochan
12-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Why trade Miller alone when we can get rid of Vanek too?

Since Gerbe's been injured on both his call-ups, Darcy just penned up a $9 million 2 year extension for him.