• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Pittman faces 6 felony charges

Buccaneers | Police and Courts: RB Michael Pittman - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 1 Jun 2003 12:42:39 -0700

The Tampa Tribune reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Michael Pittman is facing six felony counts after allegedly running his Hummer into his wife’s Mercedes in Phoenix on Saturday, May 31. Pittman, according to the police, was handcuffed and jailed after the incident. He was reportedly having an argument with his wife over their son. The Mercedes had his wife, Melissa, their son, Mycah, and their baby-sitter, Kristin Hegland, within it. No one was hurt in the crash. Pittman is already on probation for a domestic violence incident that involved his wife and he was arrested twice in 2001 on domestic violence charges.

Better sources will be cited, when available.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

ooopppsss...his fantasy value just fell to the ground.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Pittman accused of ramming wife's car

PHOENIX (AP) -- Super Bowl star Michael Pittman of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was arrested after police say he rammed a car carrying his wife, their son and the baby sitter. No one was hurt.

Pittman faces felony charges after he rammed his Hummer into his wife's Mercedes in the upscale, gated community where they live, police said Sunday.

Phoenix police said Pittman was booked on six felony counts. He has since been released. The county attorney will determine whether charges will be filed.

The Buccaneers had no immediate comment, team spokesman Jeff Kamis said.

A message left for Pittman's agent, Thomas Condon, was not immediately returned Sunday.

more
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

What an idiot!
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          ooopppsss...his fantasy value just fell to the ground.
          Character has nothing to do with fantasy value. Wasn't Randy Moss everyone's #1 or #2 WR pick last season?

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Character has nothing to do with fantasy value. Wasn't Randy Moss everyone's #1 or #2 WR pick last season?
            Read again...Pittman faces 6 felony charges...he could be doing serious jail time (although I don't think he will)...Moss never had that hanging over his head. Pittman also has a coach that will cut him in a heart beat.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jaded 7
              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
              • Jul 2002

Gosh, what a shame. I just don't get these guys. They all turn to violence against women. It's like they have something to prove. Like they have to show their significant others that they can and will beat you up if they see a need for it. They think they're so macho, beating up on women. Pathetic! I hope he spends time in jail! There's never any reason to hit a woman, IMHO. Or try ramming your HUGE hummer into her little Mercedes. What an ass!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
              The only answer I found for all this hurt
              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

I'm sure the ***** deserved it.

Wonder what they'll give us for Henry?

Comment

• gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Bucs should do the right thing: Let Pittman go

There is no more intimidating sight among the Bucs than Michael Pittman flexing his biceps. Unless it's Pittman ramming his Hummer into your car.

His wife has seen them both. The question now becomes, what will Tampa Bay do about its Super Bowl running hero?

Police booked Pittman on six felony counts Saturday after he plowed his SUV into his wife's Mercedes outside their Phoenix home. He was released from jail and has not yet been charged by prosecutors. The couple's 2-year-old son was in the car, along with a baby-sitter.

At least Pittman wasn't driving fast enough to hurt anyone. Right now, that appears to be the best thing you can say in his defense.

It's usually too easy to take the moral high ground when it comes to domestic violence. Yell "Off with their heads!" and show no understanding.

So by all means, let Pittman keep his head. Just not in Tampa Bay, or anywhere else until he gets his noggin together.

more

Comment

• Jaded 7
                    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                    • Jul 2002

Good! I hope they let him go. And, I hope that the rest of the NFL uses their heads and doesn't sign him. He's a menace to society and doesn't deserve to be in the spotlight. I think his time would be better spent in counseling!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                    The only answer I found for all this hurt
                    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Did I not say his fantasy value went crashing??

Comment

• gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

Pittman Returns To Bucs - For Now

TAMPA - Three days after being arrested on six felony counts, Michael Pittman will join his teammates on the practice field today for another round of organized team activities.
                        While the Bucs running back awaits formal charges following his fourth domestic violence arrest, Pittman's future, both on and off the field, remains uncertain.

Pittman was arrested Saturday in Phoenix after he drove his Hummer into his wife's Mercedes, in which she and the couple's 2-year-old son and a babysitter were riding. No one was injured, but Pittman was booked on six felony charges, three counts of aggravated assault and three counts of reckless endangerment.

Pittman, who keeps an off- season residence in Phoenix, was released from jail Sunday and departed for Tampa.

``I would like to sincerely apologize for any embarrassment that has been placed on my family, my coaches and teammates, and our fans,'' Pittman said in a statement released by the Bucs. ``I realize these circumstances have placed some unnecessary and negative attention on the Buccaneers organization. I certainly look forward to being able to tell my side of the story.''

more

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Bucs' Pittman apologizes following arrest

Tampa Bay Bucs running back Michael Pittman apologized Monday for his arrest in Arizona two days ago after police say he rammed a car carrying his wife, their son and a baby sitter.

No one was hurt in the accident Saturday near Pittman's home in Phoenix. The county attorney's office will determine whether charges will be filed against Pittman.

"I realize these circumstances have placed some unnecessary and negative attention on the Buccaneers' organization,'' Pittman said in a statement. "I certainly look forward to being able to tell my side of the story.''

more
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Pittman could face jail time

Tempe prosecutor looking at incident
                            Michael Pittman could go from the ultimate high of winning a Super Bowl ring to the ultimate low of serving 10 months in jail.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back is at risk of serving a jail sentence following his latest arrest on suspicion of domestic violence charges Saturday, when his wife told Phoenix police that he rammed her Mercedes-Benz with his Hummer at their Ahwatukee Foothills home.

Tempe City Prosecutor Robert Hubbard said his office will order a copy of a Phoenix police report detailing the incident and decide whether to file a petition asking a Tempe Municipal Court judge to revoke Pittman's probation on two July 2001 domestic violence convictions.
                            ...more
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Pittman Formally Charged On 2 Counts

TAMPA - Bucs running back Michael Pittman was formally charged Wednesday, four days after he was arrested in Phoenix on six felony counts when police said he rammed his Hummer into his wife's Mercedes, which she and the couple's 2-year-old son and a babysitter were riding.
                              Pittman was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, both Class 3 felonies, in a complaint filed in the Superior Court of Arizona in Maricopa County. If convicted, he faces a minimum of five years in jail and a maximum of 15 years.

more

Comment

Working...
                              X