• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Gleason: Campbell is greeted with reaction he feared

I don't get it Bucky you write a great article in Friday's paper about Kane and Kennedy growing up in South Buffalo and today you write this garbage column. Please Buffalo News please put a pink slip in this guy's stocking and throw him out on the street. HAHAHA

"Don't boo me when I come back," Campbell said. "C'mon, that's all. Don't boo me."

Campbell knew Buffalo fans all too well. He was with the Sabres when former co-captains Chris Drury and Daniel Briere were booed in their returns after leading Buffalo to the conference finals in back-to-back years. Western New York produces some of the warmest people you'll find, but apparently it doesn't take much for fans to turn a cold shoulder.

Sure enough, the fans delivered the greeting he anticipated. He was roundly booed every time he touched the puck in the Sabres' 2-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks.

Edited by BMN for Copyright Issues, 12/12/09
    Last edited by BlackMetalNinja; 12-12-2009, 11:21 AM.
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Gleason: Campbell is greeted with reaction he feared

Damn, how many times do I have to tell you not to copy entire articles!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Sabres fans boo pretty much every Sabre who ever left and returns on another team, like Kotalik, Briere, Drury and especially Satan. They boo any player who's ever taken a cheap shot at a Sabre, like Ovechkin, Neil, Ruutu and Avery. They boo pretty much any player on the other team who's good.

Sabres fans take their hockey seriously and they don't like anyone who is perceived as hurting the team's success. Suck it up, Soupy- it's just how it is.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

What a baby. I like him as a person, but as a player I didn't like him towards the end of his Buffalo stay.

I'm sure most of the fans who boo most of the ex-Sabres don't hate the person, just the fact they're wearing the wrong colors now.

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

I don't understand the booing of Kane. It isn't like Kane could control who drafted him. Was the taxi incident is why they were booing?

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            I don't get it Bucky you write a great article in Friday's paper about Kane and Kennedy growing up in South Buffalo and today you write this garbage column. Please Buffalo News please put a pink slip in this guy's stocking and throw him out on the street. HAHAHA

Edited by BMN for Copyright Issues, 12/12/09
            Did you actually read the article? It was pretty pro-Campbell if you ask me. He didn't dog Brian at all. If the article has Bucky's name on it, you automatically don't like it. Please stop posting like you know what you are talking about.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
              Did you actually read the article? It was pretty pro-Campbell if you ask me. He didn't dog Brian at all. If the article has Bucky's name on it, you automatically don't like it. Please stop posting like you know what you are talking about.
              You didn't need that last phrase. "Please stop posting" would have been sufficient.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

"Bucky! Please stop telling the truth and just cater to all the buffalo homers! PLEEEEAAASE!!!!!"
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Sabres fans boo pretty much every Sabre who ever left and returns on another team, like Kotalik, Briere, Drury and especially Satan. They boo any player who's ever taken a cheap shot at a Sabre, like Ovechkin, Neil, Ruutu and Avery. They boo pretty much any player on the other team who's good.

Sabres fans take their hockey seriously and they don't like anyone who is perceived as hurting the team's success. Suck it up, Soupy- it's just how it is.
                  Yeah, but they made an interesting point on the Sabres postgame show Friday night. The time and effort spent booing the star players on the other teams and booing all the ex-Sabres would be much better spent if they did more chanting "let's go buffalo" and cheering for the players. I don't understand why fans have to boo every single ex Sabre...especially when you consider it wasn't all of their faults for leaving.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would boo his loudly

Comment

• rbochan
                      Zamboni Driver
                      • Jun 2008

Poor Soupy.
                      If only he was given bags full of fresh hundred dollar bills to wipe away his tears... Oh wait...
                      ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                      it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

Any ex-Sabre should expect to get booed, it's just kind of the way it goes. That being said, I'm guessing most of the boos towards Campbell were because he was begging the fans through the media not to do it.

I'm guessing most of Kane's boos were because of the taxi incident, but that also had me confused. Maybe Sabres fans are upset that he signed his extension with Chicago instead of hitting RFA and trying to come to Buffalo?

D & S Sports

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

They weren't booing, they were saying, "Sooooooooouuuup!"

Comment

Working...
                          X