PDA

View Full Version : On Maybin

Oaf
12-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Quit strutting around. They call a holding penalty on a long run, are you going to do the river dance? Make one real play before you go Deion on us.
:fit:

yordad
12-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I still think he is going to make an awesome 3-4 lb next year.

:pray:

OpIv37
12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I still think he is going to make an awesome 3-4 lb next year.

:pray:

if we go to a 3-4 next year, no one on the D is going to be awesome. We're about 6 starters plus depth away from running that D.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-13-2009, 06:40 PM
if we go to a 3-4 next year, no one on the D is going to be awesome. We're about 6 starters plus depth away from running that D.

at this point, i'd say the exact same thing about the 4-3.

OpIv37
12-13-2009, 06:41 PM
touche.

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2009, 06:43 PM
He had an extremely violent tackle on one of their receivers, seriously, Maybin almost broke a dude in half, he should have danced after that play for sure.

OpIv37
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
He had an extremely violent tackle on one of their receivers, seriously, Maybin almost broke a dude in half, he should have danced after that play for sure.
yeah, he got beat around the edge twice and didn't get anywhere near the QB. One tackle doesn't give a player the right to have an attitude.

cocamide
12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Orakpo had four sacks and a forced fumble today. I'm sad.

don137
12-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I know it takes a few years to call a player a bust but this guy is not showing us much. It definitely is a painful pill to swallow when Orakpo is performing well and the only thing Maybin has done well this year is show how to tick off a fanbase by holding out.

YardRat
12-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Beuerlein actually referred to him as a LB at one point of the telecast.

SpillerThrills
12-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Beuerlein actually referred to him as a LB at one point of the telecast.

glad I wasn't the only one that heard that!

soapman
12-13-2009, 07:52 PM
He looks like a big dumb uncoordinated mess.

Oaf
12-13-2009, 08:10 PM
We should just run a 3-3. Maybin/Denney/Ellis/mostly Kelsay don't deserve to be on the field. Maybin looks like a sumo wrestler when he tries to change direction and get back up to speed.

Well then again, neither do Poz, Harris, Palmer, or Mitchell or any other starting LB that I didn't know play for the Bills.

So we'll run the 3-1 with Scott at LB, Whitner and Wilson as run support safeties, Byrd at centerfield, McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty as corners. Besides in this lineup, we'll definitely need to draft more DBs!
Many more! As many as two or four! Or five if you like.

NorthCarBills
12-14-2009, 10:06 AM
glad I wasn't the only one that heard that!

Me too..... I was originally hoping Maybin would be plugged as a LB early in the season when he got a linebacker jersey number.

I'm getting more and more confused with his role on this team, his allowed playing time for development, and subsequently the overall ability to evaluate him in game situations.

I was another on draft day who hoped for Orak. but hoped I was wrong (still do). I'd personally rather see him struggle and learn during games (at this point in the season) than have an unknown, highlly paid commodity sitting on the sidelines.

Mike
12-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I remember back in OTA and training camp when Maybin was not doing much. Many on this board defended him and stated that it was "just training camp" and that you never know how a player is going to turn out or play that season. Now, we see the results or lack of. This pick looks even worst now than it did during the draft.

I HOPE that No One will make that Argument this season the "Just because someone suck is practice does not mean they will suck in the season argument... or the we need more than one season to evaluate him.... or the you never know, he might turn out to be great...."

Problem is that most players do not turn out to be great, most players stay in this league 3 years of less. Given that, and the fact that he obviously is not physically or mentally there yet, there is a much higher chance that he is a Bust vs a Potentially great player.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
No, we're not. And it has been discussed thoroughly already.

We need a NT and some depth at LB. Stroud and Spencer are good candidates to play DE. And the secondary stays as is. Maybin, Ellis, Schobel OLB prospects, Poz and Mitchell are ILBs.

The Packers and Broncos had no players with 3-4 experience before making the switch.