• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

At least the Rams know how to make a losing season valuable

They started Keith Null today when Boller was perfectly healthy to see what they could get out of their young prospect. It makes no sense for us not to do the same with Brohm. Fewell should've realized by now that Fitzpatrick isn't going to get him the HC job.
    Last edited by BILLSROCK1212; 12-13-2009, 04:23 PM.
  • Bravo82
    • Aug 2008

Re: At least the Rams know how to make a losing season valuable

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
    They started Keith Null today when Boller was perfectly healthy to see what they could get out of their young prospect. It makes no sense for us not to do the same with Brohm. Fewell should've realized by now that Fitzpatrick isn't going to get him the HC job.
    Couldn't agree more. But remember, Fewell is coaching for his job. So to him, he wants to start whoever gives us the best chance to win. And frankly, I can't blame him for that.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

I can easily believe that the Bills still would have won with Brohm today.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
        I can easily believe that the Bills still would have won with Brohm today.
        He couldn't do worse then that thing they called a QB today!

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Bravo82
          Couldn't agree more. But remember, Fewell is coaching for his job. So to him, he wants to start whoever gives us the best chance to win. And frankly, I can't blame him for that.
          Good point. I was crying for Brohm to go in today as I imagine 90% of the fan base was, but I realized that it probably makes sense to trot Fitz out there for the drubbing we're going to get next week and then let Brohm start the Falcons and Colts games. More time to get comfortable with the playbook, less chance of shattering his confidence (I know... there is the Indy game, but the odds of Manning taking a snap are nil in that game so it may be more competitive and a healthy learning experience for him), and still giving us a chance to see what he can do in 8 quarters time. Not saying it will happen, but it seems to be the most logical path.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Edwards definitely would have made that TD throw to Reed.

Comment

• B-DON
              hi
              • Mar 2004

i believe boller was a little banged up

Comment

• YoungEz
                • Sep 2008

I thought the bills were bad, than I watched the Rams play...

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                  !?!?!?!?!?
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by B-DON
                  i believe boller was a little banged up
                  he was probable on the injury report and active

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                    he was probable on the injury report and active
                    According to the announcers during the game, Boller tweaked a hamstring during warm-ups and couldn't play properly. Therefore, Null was given a shot to play.

God give me style and give me grace
                    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Agreed. I think the only way we see Brohm in there is if we are winning by a HUGE score. How likely is that to happen. KC is one of the worst teams and how much did we score there? Sadly, Brohm himself has said he's not ready, so I doubt we will see him at all this season. That being said, I want to see him before I make the assumptions that alot of people seem to be making about him around here.

I also wonder, what if Fewell told Trent to stop dinking and dunking and playing so safe - Jauron style, and take some chances...would we see a better Trent? He's certainly more accurate than Fitz when he does throw...if only he didn't always settle for the short dinks...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Incorrect premise to start a thread.

It was stated that Boller couldn't go today and the reason Null played.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Fewell wasn't scared to start Jackson over Lynch. If Brohm was better in practice I'm sure he would have started Brohm.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

How many weeks has Brohm had to prepare and learn our plays? I honestly dont want him to go out there and only know 25% of our playbook, but if he feels that hes ready to go I'd really like to see him start.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              How many weeks has Brohm had to prepare and learn our plays? I honestly dont want him to go out there and only know 25% of our playbook, but if he feels that hes ready to go I'd really like to see him start.
                              Our plays are so predictable that I know 50% of the plays from sitting on my ass and watching the games.

But, I don't think we see Brohm this season, unless it's cleanup duty at the end of a blowout. It's a PR game more than anything else. The Bills want Brohm to compete for a starting job next year, particularly if they fail to land one of the big-name QB's in this year's draft. If he comes out and sucks, it's going to be a tough sell to the fan base. If he stays on the bench and remains an unknown quantity to the fans, then it's much easier to sell him as a realistic competitor in a camp competition for the starting role.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X