PDA

View Full Version : At least the Rams know how to make a losing season valuable

BILLSROCK1212
12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
They started Keith Null today when Boller was perfectly healthy to see what they could get out of their young prospect. It makes no sense for us not to do the same with Brohm. Fewell should've realized by now that Fitzpatrick isn't going to get him the HC job.

Bravo82
12-13-2009, 04:25 PM
They started Keith Null today when Boller was perfectly healthy to see what they could get out of their young prospect. It makes no sense for us not to do the same with Brohm. Fewell should've realized by now that Fitzpatrick isn't going to get him the HC job.

Couldn't agree more. But remember, Fewell is coaching for his job. So to him, he wants to start whoever gives us the best chance to win. And frankly, I can't blame him for that.

Philagape
12-13-2009, 04:27 PM
I can easily believe that the Bills still would have won with Brohm today.

Nighthawk
12-13-2009, 04:33 PM
I can easily believe that the Bills still would have won with Brohm today.

He couldn't do worse then that thing they called a QB today!

Don't Panic
12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Couldn't agree more. But remember, Fewell is coaching for his job. So to him, he wants to start whoever gives us the best chance to win. And frankly, I can't blame him for that.

Good point. I was crying for Brohm to go in today as I imagine 90% of the fan base was, but I realized that it probably makes sense to trot Fitz out there for the drubbing we're going to get next week and then let Brohm start the Falcons and Colts games. More time to get comfortable with the playbook, less chance of shattering his confidence (I know... there is the Indy game, but the odds of Manning taking a snap are nil in that game so it may be more competitive and a healthy learning experience for him), and still giving us a chance to see what he can do in 8 quarters time. Not saying it will happen, but it seems to be the most logical path.

Oaf
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Edwards definitely would have made that TD throw to Reed. :brace:

B-DON
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
i believe boller was a little banged up

YoungEz
12-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I thought the bills were bad, than I watched the Rams play...

BILLSROCK1212
12-13-2009, 09:58 PM
i believe boller was a little banged uphe was probable on the injury report and active

Dicknoze69
12-13-2009, 10:01 PM
he was probable on the injury report and active

According to the announcers during the game, Boller tweaked a hamstring during warm-ups and couldn't play properly. Therefore, Null was given a shot to play.

mysticsoto
12-13-2009, 10:03 PM

Agreed. I think the only way we see Brohm in there is if we are winning by a HUGE score. How likely is that to happen. :( KC is one of the worst teams and how much did we score there? Sadly, Brohm himself has said he's not ready, so I doubt we will see him at all this season. That being said, I want to see him before I make the assumptions that alot of people seem to be making about him around here.

I also wonder, what if Fewell told Trent to stop dinking and dunking and playing so safe - Jauron style, and take some chances...would we see a better Trent? He's certainly more accurate than Fitz when he does throw...if only he didn't always settle for the short dinks...

Mr. Pink
12-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Incorrect premise to start a thread.

It was stated that Boller couldn't go today and the reason Null played.

justasportsfan
12-14-2009, 09:41 AM

Fewell wasn't scared to start Jackson over Lynch. If Brohm was better in practice I'm sure he would have started Brohm.

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
How many weeks has Brohm had to prepare and learn our plays? I honestly dont want him to go out there and only know 25% of our playbook, but if he feels that hes ready to go I'd really like to see him start.

OpIv37
12-14-2009, 10:19 AM
How many weeks has Brohm had to prepare and learn our plays? I honestly dont want him to go out there and only know 25% of our playbook, but if he feels that hes ready to go I'd really like to see him start.

Our plays are so predictable that I know 50% of the plays from sitting on my ass and watching the games.

But, I don't think we see Brohm this season, unless it's cleanup duty at the end of a blowout. It's a PR game more than anything else. The Bills want Brohm to compete for a starting job next year, particularly if they fail to land one of the big-name QB's in this year's draft. If he comes out and sucks, it's going to be a tough sell to the fan base. If he stays on the bench and remains an unknown quantity to the fans, then it's much easier to sell him as a realistic competitor in a camp competition for the starting role.