PDA

View Full Version : Watch Peters tonight at 8:30 PM!!

HHURRICANE
12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
For all of you Peters haters here's your chance to watch him play.

He's coming off an injury that kept him out of last week's game but I'd like to see what you think.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Could care less how he plays. He didn't want to be here, he's injury prone, good riddince.

SquishDaFish
12-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I dont give a rats ass to watch him. He didnt want to be a Bill we had no choice now hes playing elsewhere. Get over your mancrush HH

HHURRICANE
12-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I dont give a rats ass to watch him. He didnt want to be a Bill we had no choice now hes playing elsewhere. Get over your mancrush HH

Loser speak. He wanted to be here and we didn't want to pay him. He was under contract.

Nice try in defending our loser owner.

Typ0
12-13-2009, 07:07 PM
he did not want to be here. It's been said by just about everyone involved and it showed in his performance.

X-Era
12-13-2009, 07:08 PM
If Mike Shanahan was our HC when this trade was about to happen, I honestly think Peters would still be a Bill.

HHURRICANE
12-13-2009, 07:11 PM
he did not want to be here. It's been said by just about everyone involved and it showed in his performance.

From who? The Billszone? Peters wanted to get paid, not leave.

SquishDaFish
12-13-2009, 07:14 PM
He wanted out bro. He wanted to be paid as the top LT in the NFL which he is not. He knew he wouldnt get that in Buffalo so instead of playing hard and thanking the team that turned him into something by playing out his contract he decided to be a malcontent ******* and wanted out.

Typ0
12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
From who? The Billszone? Peters wanted to get paid, not leave.

From the organization, the media and the players. The guy was put off. Maybe it was about getting paid but he got put off a year before he left and hit the field half assed every game he was in. That is not a guy with his heart in it. He's way overrated, prone to injury and lazy. Good riddance. Have fun jerking off to him tonight.

SquishDaFish
12-13-2009, 07:18 PM
WOW typo :clap: Nice posting couldnt agree more

HHURRICANE
12-13-2009, 07:18 PM

Does this sound like a guy that wanted a trade? Don't drink the kool-aid that the Bills FO is serving. They didn't want to pay him. Plain and simple:

"It blew my mind, first and foremost, for (the Bills) to trade me," said Peters, who never demanded a trade, but missed all of training camp last year in an impasse over his contract situation.

"I was thinking about (the contract) some times last year. It didn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year, but later in the year it wasn't a big deal."

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/Peters_surprised_by_trade_from_Bills_20090419

SquishDaFish
12-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Didnt affect him LMAO!! Thats a ****ing lie. He played half ass all year

HHURRICANE
12-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Who do you trust more to evaluate talent?

Andy Reid or Dick Jauron and Russ Brandon?

HHURRICANE
12-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Didnt affect him LMAO!! Thats a ****ing lie. He played half ass all year

The Bills said the same thing about Pat Williams.

Dr. Lecter
12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Who do you trust more to evaluate talent?

Andy Reid or Dick Jauron and Russ Brandon?

You.

Are you going to do the same thing next year with Trent?

Peters is gone.

How many times are you going to try and have this debate? It is tiresome and over played.

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
He was my favorite Bills player while he was here, I hope he does well.

Typ0
12-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks for proving a quote from JP ... you think I should listen to that more? Even the players have said the guy didn't want to be around. Any way you look at it the guy was under contract to play & there was an entire squad counting on him. He didn't deliver and they didn't want to bring him back. How can you blame them? Don't piss on Wilson for being cheap like you are. He's paid people over and over he just makes bad decisions.

Does this sound like a guy that wanted a trade? Don't drink the kool-aid that the Bills FO is serving. They didn't want to pay him. Plain and simple:

"It blew my mind, first and foremost, for (the Bills) to trade me," said Peters, who never demanded a trade, but missed all of training camp last year in an impasse over his contract situation.

"I was thinking about (the contract) some times last year. It didn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year, but later in the year it wasn't a big deal."

Nighthawk
12-13-2009, 07:27 PM
HH, seriously...you need to get over it...he is not here...he does not play for the Bills...there is nothing that will change it...I could careless how he looks or plays!

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Come on, no Bills fan wanted Peters gone. Go ahead and play it like you did now that he is no longer a Bill, but how can you forget how much fun it was watching him grow. I've seen him straight up pancake Richard Seymour when he was a RT and while he played on ST's I watched him block FG's, Peters was the man for us, plain and simple.

HHURRICANE
12-13-2009, 07:31 PM
You.

Are you going to do the same thing next year with Trent?

Peters is gone.

How many times are you going to try and have this debate? It is tiresome and over played.

Because I trust no one currently at OBD to make a presonnel decision. If a Shanahan, Cowher, or Billick had let him walk I would have felt differently.

This is the same FO that took Maybin over Orakpo. If we don't get a real football guy in here than it will be more of the same. Peters was our best offensive lineman.

A year later and he is still the best lineman. Nothing has changed.

SquishDaFish
12-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Because I trust no one currently at OBD to make a presonnel decision. If a Shanahan, Cowher, or Billick had let him walk I would have felt differently.

This is the same FO that took Maybin over Orakpo. If we don't get a real football guy in here than it will be more of the same. Peters was our best offensive lineman.

A year later and he is still the best lineman. Nothing has changed.

He is not the best lineman sorry. And he quit on us so we showed him the door plain and simple. He didnt want to be here bro get over it.

HHURRICANE
12-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Just blocked two differnt guys on the same play for that 65 yard TD pass. Yep, we suck.

patmoran2006
12-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Loser speak. He wanted to be here and we didn't want to pay him. He was under contract.

Nice try in defending our loser owner.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about Peters wanting to be here, and it only having to do with JUST money.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 08:43 AM
For all of you Peters haters here's your chance to watch him play.

He's coming off an injury that kept him out of last week's game but I'd like to see what you think.
He was very very good last night against a very very good pass rush.

Trading Peters was the dumbest idea ever. 2 guard prospects are not worth a PB LT.

And seeing as how we have no OTs that can start on our roster it becomes an even more glaring error.

If we draft a LT high in the draft its just another pick going to a position we would have already had covered had we not traded him.

And the reason Peters wanted out of Buffalo was because he deserved a new deal and did not get it for 2 years.

This mess was created by the FO from the beginning.

BuffaloBlakely14
12-14-2009, 08:52 AM

Trading Peters was the dumbest idea ever. 2 guard prospects are not worth a PB LT.

And seeing as how we have no OTs that can start on our roster it becomes an even more glaring error.

If we draft a LT high in the draft its just another pick going to a position we would have already had covered had we not traded him.

And the reason Peters wanted out of Buffalo was because he deserved a new deal and did not get it for 2 years.

To some extent I agree with your thinking. But the guy really got a bad taste in his mouth for the organization and after holding out for training camp, he had his mind made up about coming back here. I wish he hadn't held out, because that drew the line in the sand for both sides. Holding out is never the answer, especially when the front office is on record as saying if you come in and play and do your job, that is when they will talk, not when you hold out and attempt to cause turmoil. I know we are hurting, but sometimes I appreciate the stand by the organization against holdouts. I could always be wrong, but it seems like they were willing to talk as long as he didn't holdout. I mean they had already given him a new contract once, when he wasn't due. He signed that contract, maybe he should have waited a year.

No doubt we miss him badly though, I can't even begin to argue that. I would love to have him right now. But we are blowing this thing up this year, so maybe we would be talking about trading him right now anyways, or maybe the situation would be totally different right now. Who knows. This organization is a couple bad decisions away from being in the the playoff hunt right now, that is what sucks. We need a REAL GM more than anything, and that is actually who I am anxiously waiting to see.

MikeInRoch
12-14-2009, 08:52 AM
He wanted to be here and we didn't want to pay him.

Prove it.

MikeInRoch
12-14-2009, 08:54 AM

It's called "spin".

HHURRICANE
12-14-2009, 09:02 AM
It's called "spin".

He could have just as easily said "it's for the best" or "I'm glad to be getting a new home" etc.

HHURRICANE
12-14-2009, 09:03 AM
You couldn't possibly be more wrong about Peters wanting to be here, and it only having to do with JUST money.

Sorry Pat but you are wrong. Your the reporter here so what was the final deal that the Bills offered Peters?

I know it wasn't even close to what the Eagles gave him.

Bulldog
12-14-2009, 09:18 AM

I don't really care about Peters and I can gurantee he'll never play up to the contract that Philly gave him (see Nate Clements). And the Giants pass rush is anything but "very very good". There's a reason that Coughlin has been sitting their starters. For whatever reason, the Giants pass rush has been god aweful this year. I'm not really all that impressed with Peters. I'd love to hear what the Eagles fans think of him.

Philagape
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM

That sounds like a guy who let his contract situation affect his play, which is evident in the amount of sacks he gave up. That's unacceptable, and I don't want such a scumbag on the team, no matter how good he is when he feels like playing. A LT taking plays off endangers the QB.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't really care about Peters and I can gurantee he'll never play up to the contract that Philly gave him (see Nate Clements). And the Giants pass rush is anything but "very very good". There's a reason that Coughlin has been sitting their starters. For whatever reason, the Giants pass rush has been god aweful this year. I'm not really all that impressed with Peters. I'd love to hear what the Eagles fans think of him.
First of all, he has already been playing up to his contract. Second, the Giants pass rush has not been as good as years past but they are still good.

They were showing how much time McNabb was being afforded by the OL with a graphic and he had like 4.2 seconds in the pocket untouched for one of the TDs to Jackson.

Blocking for 4.2 seconds against Umenyiora, Tuck and Kiwanuka is amazing. Peters was a diamond in the rough LT that we gave away for a RG that may or may not be better than average.

We love to praise Eric Wood but our run game inside was horrible all year.

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Jason Peters did NOT give a s*** about the Buffalo Bills, not one iota....he wanted a paycheck and nothing else. Same as players like Asante Samuel, he probably would have gone to the Raiders if they paid him more money. I dont want players like this...i know money is important and I wouldnt turn it down either but playing ONLY for something makes you a scumbag in my book, and thats what Peters does.

Jan Reimers
12-14-2009, 10:00 AM
For chrissakes, do we have to beat this dead horse into talcum powder. He's friggin' gone. Move on.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Jason Peters did NOT give a s*** about the Buffalo Bills, not one iota....he wanted a paycheck and nothing else. Same as players like Asante Samuel, he probably would have gone to the Raiders if they paid him more money. I dont want players like this...i know money is important and I wouldnt turn it down either but playing ONLY for something makes you a scumbag in my book, and thats what Peters does.
There is no player in the NFL who makes a decision without money being the top priority.

The only time that changes is for the older players looking to sign with teams that give them a shot at the SB. And those players have usually already had their big paydays.

These days in the NFL the most important thing is securing your first big payday, then its securing your second big payday, then its SB, then its loyalty.

Assante Samuel and Peters are no different than Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Only difference is that Brady and Manning dont need to squabble for money, they are paid at their whim and paid what they demand.

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2009, 10:39 AM
There is no player in the NFL who makes a decision without money being the top priority.

The only time that changes is for the older players looking to sign with teams that give them a shot at the SB. And those players have usually already had their big paydays.

These days in the NFL the most important thing is securing your first big payday, then its securing your second big payday, then its SB, then its loyalty.

Assante Samuel and Peters are no different than Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Only difference is that Brady and Manning dont need to squabble for money, they are paid at their whim and paid what they demand.

You didnt read what I said apparently, I said Peter's ONLY decision was money. He made that quite obvious by sitting out. Thats my gripe with him.

trapezeus
12-14-2009, 10:42 AM
peters contract issues pushed other contract issues to the background. it was becoming a lockerroom concern.

He had his holdout and didn't get a new contract, then underperformed and still requested more money. how can you ever trust that signing him will be the end of signing him. Every year he's going to be an issue. He wanted out, we got a solid OT for him.

That's not the greatest scenario, but it's a hell of a lot better than just letting him sit out and get nothing for him.

I'm not particularly impressed or unimpresed with his play in Philly. If we draft a stud LT this year and he's a starter immediately, that's good enough for me. that solidifies the line immediately.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 10:42 AM
You didnt read what I said apparently, I said Peter's ONLY decision was money. He made that quite obvious by sitting out. Thats my gripe with him.
Right but we still don't know why he sat out. Was he told he was not going to get a new contract yet?

If so, I have no problem with the hold out. If he plays and gets injured while being paid peanuts then he's got nothing.

When you luck out into a PB LT you pay the man and lock him up for ten years and forget about the position.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 10:43 AM
peters contract issues pushed other contract issues to the background. it was becoming a lockerroom concern.

He had his holdout and didn't get a new contract, then underperformed and still requested more money. how can you ever trust that signing him will be the end of signing him. Every year he's going to be an issue. He wanted out, we got a solid OT for him.

That's not the greatest scenario, but it's a hell of a lot better than just letting him sit out and get nothing for him.

I'm not particularly impressed or unimpresed with his play in Philly. If we draft a stud LT this year and he's a starter immediately, that's good enough for me. that solidifies the line immediately.
We got a solid OT for him? Who?

Griff
12-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Come on, no Bills fan wanted Peters gone. Go ahead and play it like you did now that he is no longer a Bill, but how can you forget how much fun it was watching him grow. I've seen him straight up pancake Richard Seymour when he was a RT and while he played on ST's I watched him block FG's, Peters was the man for us, plain and simple.

I did, he was an egotistical lazy punk, who couldn't support his money demands with his play.

Griff
12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Just blocked two different guys on the same play for that 65 yard TD pass. Yep, we suck. every once in a while a blind squirell finds an acorn.

trapezeus
12-14-2009, 10:54 AM
We got a solid OT for him? Who?

Type-o. the G is below the T. I meant OG in wood.

HHURRICANE
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I did, he was an egotistical lazy punk, who couldn't support his money demands with his play.

They said the same things about Pat Williams. People have amnesia around here.

An overpaid Peters still would have given us stability at the LT position for another 6 years.

Again, do you trust Andy Reid or Jauron and Brandon? It was Andy Reid's call to bring iin Peters. I trust him over our talent evaluators who chose Maybin over Orakpo.

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Type-o. the G is below the T. I meant OG in wood.
Wood is unproven. I saw no inside running game to speak of this year. Same old story with our RBs pounding through LBs for extra yardage.

SquishDaFish
12-14-2009, 11:54 AM
You guys got problems and are BLIND

Mahdi
12-14-2009, 12:34 PM
You guys got problems and are BLIND
If you have a better point, make it, saying we have problems and calling us blind doesn't exactly add much to the thread.

The points you made earlier were based on Peters being a jerk about the contract. But this thread is about what we had in a PB LT and that we let him go for not much in return while weakening our OL to the point where we have street FAs all over the place.

MikeInRoch
12-14-2009, 12:44 PM
For chrissakes, do we have to beat this dead horse into talcum powder. He's friggin' gone. Move on.

I'm sorry, no. We MUST continue to have threads from those people who want to tell us that they are still right, and everyone else is wrong.

soapman
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I got tired of him mauling NYs D-Line so I turned it off...

trapezeus
12-14-2009, 01:12 PM
but jan's point is that what has happened has happened. The bills didn't get robbed. They got some value out of it. by most accounts, philly was really the only other team looking to trade for him.

That either means every team has a lights out LT and didn't need Peters, or they didn't see him as worthy of a first round pick.

Wood played very well over the course of his season. He's a rookie and wasn't the weakest part of the line.

I'm not saying the bills are superbowl bound, but their OG and center play was better this year especially on the run. I think you can judge the bills line play from the first 2 games. they ran very well on the outside. once butler went down, we were on a carousel of Linemen and it's been awful.

I have faith that wood comes back and next year with butler back and a real LT in the draft that we are set to be forming a good line for the long haul. The bills will need a real center in 2-4 years with hangartner being a little older, but it'll be a real line that can protect a game manager. it's not there yet, but it could be.

Arguing for Peters and last years cast of characters would have been a short term fix to what has been a very long term problem.

Griff
12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
They said the same things about Pat Williams. People have amnesia around here.

An overpaid Peters still would have given us stability at the LT position for another 6 years.

Again, do you trust Andy Reid or Jauron and Brandon? It was Andy Reid's call to bring iin Peters. I trust him over our talent evaluators who chose Maybin over Orakpo.

I never heard anybody say that about Pat, if anybody said anything it was his age.

Who do I trust? It doesn't matter, Peters stopped playing in Buffalo, he was like Trent, damaged goods.

Typ0
12-14-2009, 08:09 PM
I never heard anybody say that about Pat, if anybody said anything it was his age.

Who do I trust? It doesn't matter, Peters stopped playing in Buffalo, he was like Trent, damaged goods.

yeah they said he was old....didn't he play on the last seven or eight superbowl winners? It sure seems like it.

SabreEleven
12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
If YOU were in the NFL, Would you want to play for the Buffalo Bills?

Griff
12-15-2009, 06:05 AM
yeah they said he was old....didn't he play on the last seven or eight superbowl winners? It sure seems like it.

when did the Vikings win a super bowl with Pat Williams?

Griff
12-15-2009, 06:06 AM
If YOU were in the NFL, Would you want to play for the Buffalo Bills?
yes, but I'm a homer.

Typ0
12-15-2009, 06:13 AM
when did the Vikings win a super bowl with Pat Williams?

You're right he didn't. I must be thinking of someone else.

Bulldog
12-15-2009, 10:11 AM
First of all, he has already been playing up to his contract. Second, the Giants pass rush has not been as good as years past but they are still good.

They were showing how much time McNabb was being afforded by the OL with a graphic and he had like 4.2 seconds in the pocket untouched for one of the TDs to Jackson.

Blocking for 4.2 seconds against Umenyiora, Tuck and Kiwanuka is amazing. Peters was a diamond in the rough LT that we gave away for a RG that may or may not be better than average.

We love to praise Eric Wood but our run game inside was horrible all year.

The Giants defense is currently 22nd in the league in sacks with a grand total of 26 for the year. So clearly something has changed from the last couple of years, because thats hardly what I would even term "good". Hell, Buffalo is ranked 14th, and don't even get me started with their d-line. So you can continue to sing the praises of Peters, but I'm not all that impressed.

SabreEleven
12-15-2009, 10:17 AM
yes, but I'm a homer.

It would be the only way.

The Juice Is Loose
12-15-2009, 10:31 AM
hey guys, we sucked with peters.

if peters was here it'd just be an 11 million more expensive **** season.

we couldn't run block or pass protect when he was here, i'm so sick of hearing about him...

he may be good but he wasn't for us