• Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Another Draft Blunder 2008. James Hardy over Desean Jax

Hardy was 41st overall pick

Desean Big Plays Jackson was 49th overall

All Desean Jackson does is make bug plays in Philly on returns or bombs or shortpasses where he breaks it. James Hardy can't even get on the field. DJax is one of the most deadly weapons in the entire NFL and he was an impact player from day 1.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Another Draft Blunder 2008. James Hardy over Desean Jax

At that time the Bills did not need another smaller WR.
    Two different players, drafted for two different reasons, not to mention you assume that with better coaching and fewer torn acl's that Hardy would not be productive.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius
      At that time the Bills did not need another smaller WR.
      Two different players, drafted for two different reasons, not to mention you assume that with better coaching and fewer torn acl's that Hardy would not be productive.
      Desean had a far higher chance to be not be a bust based on his college career. Small WR, who cares as long as you are a playmaker and create separation.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
        We play to win the game!
        • Oct 2009

Look at Philly for instant drafting two small WR's in Maclin and Jackson. 5'10 and 6'0

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

Good thing we still have Josh Reed getting that separation. Why is this guy taking reps from the younger receivers ?

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

Desean with a 60 yd td. Hilarious backward shuffle dance into endzone

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

i've seen it all! Desean Jackson and Andy Reid did the Butt bump after that TD by philly lol.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

He'd be good on special teams, but we don't have a QB to get him the ball. Remember when Lee caught 40+ yard TDs, those were the days.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                  He'd be good on special teams, but we don't have a QB to get him the ball. Remember when Lee caught 40+ yard TDs, those were the days.
                  Evans was never as good as Desean

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

We've never had a coaching staff or QB as good as Reid/McNabb. I bet Lee would be doing the same **** in their system.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Sounds like a lot of excuses. Look at Steve Smith in Carolina, he made a career with crappy Delhomme. Eric Moulds had a pretty great career in Buffalo with terrible QBs

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83

All Desean Jackson does is make bug plays in Philly on returns or bombs or shortpasses where he breaks it. James Hardy can't even get on the field. DJax is one of the most deadly weapons in the entire NFL and he was an impact player from day 1.
                        I would agree in hinesight but I didn't think Jackson was going to be able to help our red zone troubles that were supposedly being addressed in the 2008 draft. But obviously our scouts once again could not see talent. It goes to show that size doesnt matter!
                        Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83

this is really off the board. we had a receiving corps of midgets. we didn't need another one (the bills were looking for a big WR, since our WR corps was all sub 6 foot tall, Jackson is like 5'10")

(and yes he's been fantastic... but sometimes i wonder if he's been good because he is, or because he has a great QB and solid offensive plan getting him the ball. frankly. Jackson was Parrish in college. so i'm not so sure)
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2009

Now, let me first say if I had to choose straight up between the two of them, I'd take Desean.

This team felt, and the fans did too, that we needed a red zone, big, possession receiver.

Thats what Hardy is. We gave him 2 chances his rookie year to do what he does, and he got TD's both times. He wasn't an every down, crisp route runner. We knew that, he knew that.

He was supposed to be a red zone, possession receiver.

Not only that but if a guy gets a knee injury you can't really hold him to the same level as a guy who hasn't been injurred.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Except for the fact he doesn't play like a small receiver.

He runs slants, he takes hits, he takes swing passes, he goes long.

He's an all around player that isn't one dimensional and can take any play to the house.

Comment

Working...
                              X