PDA

View Full Version : Two possible Free Agency targets

kernowboy
12-14-2009, 04:48 AM
No1. Aaron Kampman, Green Bay Packers

Miscast as an OLB since the Packers moved to the 3-4, the left end may want to move back to left side of a 4-3 alignment for his final years. This may involve giving him big bucks but considering his sack record in his previous 3 years at left end, we might look at him as a decent veteran and significant upgrade over Kelsay and Denney.

No2. DeMeco Ryans, Houston Texans

Why might he become available? Well his stats totals have declined every year since his rookie year, but that may be because of his surrounding cast has improved. The Texans also have their top CB Duanta Robinson as well as Owen Daniels eligible for Free Agency and attempting to resign all three is a very big ask. Ryans might be the odd man out with a big enough offer.

Night Train
12-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Not bad at all.

Better than all these " we should have drafted THIS guy " threads :rolleyes:

Those threads completely SUCK !

McBFLO
12-14-2009, 06:44 AM
I'd like to see us get a starting RT and some OL depth thru FA (not sure of the possibilities), then grab either our franchise LT or QB with our 1st pick, and then build up our LB and WR corps thru the draft. WR is going to be a bigger hole than I think a lot of people realize. Maybe we could pick up a WR in FA too.

I have a feeling that, as bad as this season is, next year is going to be even worse, record-wise. And I'll be happy if that's the case because it'll mean that we've finally taken that major step back in order to eventually take that major step forward.

mysticsoto
12-14-2009, 06:46 AM
I'd add either Barry Cofield or Fred Robbins from the Giants (DL). Both are FAs and we may be able to get one of them.

Another LB prospect we could land could be Barrett Ruud...from TB.

I'd also try to bring in some cheap backup OL. Daryn Colledge's (OG) value has dropped and perhaps we could pick him up. There's also a few others I would consider...Willie Colon, Nick Kaczur, Alex Barron. I do expect our injured young OL to come back with experience and play better, but I'd definitely work on making sure I have better backups next year than Kirk Chambers. I'd also fill up the practice squad with a few also.

McBFLO
12-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Either Coefield or Robbins would be a nice addition. As for Ruud, I live in StPete, FL and listen to the local sports talk down here, and it seems like they look at Ruud as the leader of their defense, and someone they want to rebuild around. So, I'd be surprised to see him leave Tampa.

Where do you go to see players with expiring contracts? I assume somewhere on NFL.com, right?

yordad
12-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Not bad ideas.

mysticsoto
12-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Either Coefield or Robbins would be a nice addition. As for Ruud, I live in StPete, FL and listen to the local sports talk down here, and it seems like they look at Ruud as the leader of their defense, and someone they want to rebuild around. So, I'd be surprised to see him leave Tampa.

Where do you go to see players with expiring contracts? I assume somewhere on NFL.com, right?

There's probably a bunch of places you can go...I quickly went to football's future website: http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

SABURZFAN
12-14-2009, 07:22 AM
it would be nice to see them both in Bills unis but i don't think The Old Fart will pony out the dollars to get them.